Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boris

Ultimate Doom Builder with DeHackEd support - feedback wanted

DECOHack v0.18.0 now supports this in the same way DECORATE does via the special comment directives in Things:

//$Angled
//$NotAngled
//$Category <String>
//$Group <String>
//$Color <Integer>
//$Colour <Integer>
//$Sprite <String>
//$EditorSprite <String>

Update it here: https://mtrop.github.io/DoomTools/

2 hours ago, MTrop said:

//$Color <Integer>

//$Colour <Integer>

I see you've decided to treat the SLADE/DB dichotomy as being different names for the same thing, however you should remove //$Colour. //$Color uses an integer value that's an index in a hardcoded table of colors, while //$Colour uses actual RGB values in either of two forms. So if someone copy-pastes DECORATE code that contains //$Colour information for SLADE but not //$Color information for DB, it'd end up being outputted as #$Editor Color by DECOHACK and DB won't be able to understand it.

Ooh - that's a good point. Didn't catch that. Next version!

Or maybe we should rope one of the main SLADE devs in here, in case they also adopt DEH scanning for their map editor? I'd hate to discard a feature entirely - RGB would be more flexible everywhere, if adopted in both editors at some point.

EDIT: It looks like SLADE supports the DB color id, but yeah - still misleading. I don't think I check for "value correctness" though, so it's not as big a deal, but it needs correcting for clarity.

Edited by MTrop

The color id/RGB difference why I chose to name the field "$Editor color id". So in the future something like "$Editor color rgb" could be added.

Should I go ahead and make that a reality? That's a really quick change on my part.

You mean the RGB field? I guess you could, but at the moment UDB won't read it (and honestly I'm not sure how easy it'd be to actually add it). And maybe it should get a different name than "//$Colour". Like "//$ColorRGB" or something like that. If both are present UDB would still favour the ID, just as Slade does with "//$Colour" for DECORATE (since the colors for things are different in both editors).

That said, AFAIK the "//$Category" and "//$Group", and "//$Sprite" and "//$EditorSprite" probably have the same issue.

2 hours ago, DannyMan said:

I have a question, will it support the DeHacKed patch of HacX: Twitch n' kill in the future?

Considering that it's just a normal DeHackEd patch it will already work.