Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul977

Silver Edge (Two Boom maps, /idgames)

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210920_154301.png.7b9f2f9d480edeb51657511d06e588ea.png

Impressed that I was able to beat this on UV! I remember trying one of your earlier maps out a couple years back and thinking "man, how is this even possible?" It was a lot of fun, especially with the low-hp Cybs. Only secret I got was the 

Spoiler

soulsphere secret with the AV, PE, and HK

but I felt like I had had my fun with the map and chose not to UV-max it. Maybe for a later date? Sorry for no demo, for the life of me I can't get my mouse movement in DSDA-doom to feel good. So GZdoom it is then! Additionally, wanted to point out that the hardest encounter in my eyes was the little rooftop skirmish with the cacos, PE, and cyb with the imps in front. Everything else was relatively doable for a player of my skill level (with saves). Thank you for making this little gem of a map, Paul977! :)

I'm also glad to see more from you. This was no exception to all the fun you've been bringing up to us, and I quite enjoyed the gray-yellow scheme, so thanks for sharing!

Have a 20-min FDA on HMP, recorded in prb+ 2.6um. At the end, I was preparing myself for one last round, and got surprised when I saw my total of kills, so hence the gesture, though it's not the only time I shook the screen :p

silver_FDAbygal.zip

Damn this map is good. I really like how you divert the player's attention from some enemies by putting others right in front of them  (or maybe I'm just blind :p). The secrets were also really well hidden, the only one I couldn't find was the one with the berserk (though at the end with some "hints ;)" I managed to find out).

The fights were really fun, and even though they didn't kill me some of them caught me off guard and barely managed to survive.

After finishing my playthrough I decided to record a uvmax of the map and got a 9:49 on my 3rd attempt. On the first one I got extremely unlucky because one archvile lit me on fire with no sound or visuals whatsoever and on the 2nd I tried doing the 2nd to last fight without the cyberdemon only to find out that it was a really bad idea. I think the time could be lowered to a 9:00 or a 8:30 even, I got extremely unlucky cyberdemon infighting and in one point I got lost like a dummy.

slvr01m949.zip

Video:

On 9/20/2021 at 11:55 PM, galileo31dos01 said:

At the end, I was preparing myself for one last round, and got surprised when I saw my total of kills, so hence the gesture, though it's not the only time I shook the screen :p

silver_FDAbygal.zip

On coop there is something at the end of the map :p Really nice demo galileo thanks for making it. Also thanks all for feedbacks and demos, much appreciated :)

On 9/24/2021 at 10:03 AM, game said:

You have some of the best maps I've seen. Would it be possible to release a compilation wad at some point?

Hey game, thanks for the kind words. At the moment I'm not planning a compilation

Hey all. I've added a second map to this wad, a non-linear level I've made the last October. The file in the OP is updated with the new level which play on map 02. I'll upload the file to idgames soon. Cheers !

539143594_doom05(60).png.47dc866aa1502646d75b42b82ee725ba.png

Nice chill map, kinda like Vrack meets Abyssion. Got some minor bugs for ya.

Spoiler

MtrLCtp.png

xOMAkxK.png

Really cool 2nd map, I enjoyed it's open ended nature and the encounters. I still couldn't find one of the secrets but they were pretty well hidden overall, though not cryptic. As Scotty said it's pretty chill and it has a nice space station atmosphere.

Really looking forward to your next projects!

FDA (sorta, forgot to record at first) of map02: Silver_02fda_vile.zip

I don't know if I really like the FDA format for testing.  At any rate, I played map01 and enjoyed it as well! I saw a few things; details in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Is the section on the left also supposed to have those yellow lights on the ceiling that the one on the right does?

doom00.png.1075c153c6c4f2a6211bcdef0c843d89.png

It's possible to get stuck in these areas with the revenants if you run from this metal bar over the edges.

doom01.png.315ff9c03eb2277248da67b3ca6c054b.png

Really fun and charming maps, I had a bit trouble in Map02. After defeating the fight that requires yellow and blue keys, I waited for a long time trying to figure out how to trigger the next fight. I guess it's on a timer? Probably a better idea to place a switch inside the closet or some sort like that.