Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

Today Will Be A Nintendo Direct, And Possibly The Last Smash Reveal...

You all know what it means.

image.png.21493829dff2ae8fba720a698a29b2ec.png

Lets hope... Its our last chance. 

I also hope there is a Smash reveal in the first place, it would be really embarrassing otherwise...

EDIT: It was just told in the Direct the last Smash fighter will be revealed 10th of October. Lets... Continuing on hoping, I guess.

EDIT: They ended up revealing it beforehand, which cought me off-guard... Anyways, the fighter is Sora, BUT we did end up getting a Doomslayer custome, so it wasn't all bad. As a matter of fact, I'm more than satisfied! LETS GO DOOMSLAYER!

Edited by DSC

Fuck Smash Bros :P

But I'm getting a Switch in early October with Metroid Dread and in preparation for Shin Megami Tensei V, I will be interested to see if anything new is announced. 

2 minutes ago, hybridial said:

Fuck Smash Bros :P

But I'm getting a Switch in early October with Metroid Dread and in preparation for Shin Megami Tensei V, I will be interested to see if anything new is announced. 

Yeah, even without Smash the Directs are most definitly still worth watching.

I heavily doubt that Doomguy will be the last fighter (although it'd be really cool). I just want some news on Splatoon 3 as we've heard nothing about it since its reveal in February.

Weird that this could just be the last character reveal for this we could see. I of course don't play Smash or really any new games because that costs money, and I'm poor, but still interested. Struggle to think of a more as important character as Doomguy as far as Smash's whole "representing gaming" sort of thing goes. It would be neat to see, but I dunno I really doubt it'll be him. Then again I think he won't get in for the same reasons I doubted someone like bayonetta could get in, so really it could be anything.

Mario stomps.
Solid Snake kills.
Bayonetta also kills (I think).

So, there might be a huge possibility that Doomguy will be in Smash.
But there are also other characters that should be in Smash.

Edited by Hitboi

A direct? From Nintendo? At this time?

For smash I predict it'll be a Japan only swordfighter character from the 90s everyone forgot about but not Nintendo. Boom, for 45 bucks you'll get a wet middle finger from Nintendo.

(I still have hopes for Geno)

I treat smash and fighter reveals as a meme.

I dont even have a switch so I really dont care, I find the flame wars of people who liked or didn't like a reveal fun to watch. 

And there will be more DLC for sure, this stuff gets so much hype and publicity for Nintendo that it would seem stupid to finish the DLCs.

First thing they are talking about is Monster Hunter... I think I just made a fool of myself...

EDIT: IMPORTANT!!! Please read the edit in my original post.

Edited by DSC

So the NSO N64 and Mega Drive games are going to cost extra and the accompanying controllers are FIFTY GODDAMN BUCKS EACH??? Fifty bucks for a THREE-BUTTON Mega Drive pad. Not to mention how much extra the sub is going to cost. My advice? Grab the N64 one and get one of the Retro-bit 2.4Ghz 6-button ones for half the price.

Also Final Fantasy Kart XD

I got a Switch recently and have been playing Smash on the bus quite a bit lately. I mostly bought it so I could play it with roommates but it's turned into the perfect commute game. While I think it's unlikely that we'll be getting the Doom Slayer, I would absolutely be overjoyed to see him.

Yeah this was a very disappointing Direct to me, the only announcement I cared about was the Shadowrun Trilogy one, because those are cool games, but well, I dunno if I'd even bother getting the Switch ports.

Picked up Castlevania Advance Collection so I ain't complaining. 

Also Brewster is coming to AC so looking forward to some pigeon milk. 

What I'm finding hilarious is the amount of speculation following the announcement that Banjo-Kazooie is coming later for the N64 app. I would like to state the following: 

No. You Are Not Getting Goldeneye. You Might Get Perfect Dark, You Are Not Getting Goldeneye.

Though, to be honest, I'd be interested to see the if the id ports show up. I know we already have native ports of Doom 64 and Quake 64, but Q1 and Q2 take a LOT of pissing around with to get them to emulate properly and it would be interesting to see just how good Nintendo's in-house N64 emulation really is.

tbh when it comes to Smash I’m REALLY hoping for an anime prettyboy with a sword, that demo is grossly underrepresented in Smash

I woke up yesterday to watch the Direct, and friggen Chris Pratt will be voicing Mario in the upcoming Mario movie. What the fuck.

Soooo, I'm gonna be frank - this is by far the weirdest Direct I've ever watched. Not bad, just weird. The pacing, the announcements, and Chris Pratt as Mario makes for something unusual. I'll go over everything that interested me and share my opinions on them:

- Switch Online

NSO doesn't get a great wrap - and for good reason (paying for poor online, it existing at all). But when I saw N64 games, I was oddly excited... till they announced Sega Genesis games?! Now that's what got me intrigued (although we already have a fairly decent Genesis collection on the Switch anyways). All was well till they announced that it's going to be apart of a "new membership plan", which for a mediocre online service is questionable. I may wait until they announce other perks for the new membership plan before buying it.

They also announced wireless N64 and Sega Genesis 3-button controllers, which will be $49.99 each (so I'm guessing ~$59.99 AUD here in Australia). But that's for  one each. $50 for an wireless N64 controller, passable, but $50 for a wireless 3-button Genesis pad? Seems a bit excessive honestly.

Overall, I'm pretty mixed on this. N64 and Genesis games is a cool addition to NSO, but them being behind a new membership plan is quite upsetting. Hopefully they add more to this extended membership plan to make it look at least somewhat enticing.

- Kirby and the Forgotten Land

A new 3D mainline Kirby game? Hell yeah! Seems quite fun and might be better than Star Allies (which I though was pretty average TBH). Art style seems colourful and fun - as it should be in a Kirby game.

- Deltarune: Chapter 2

Adding this here as I've been wanting to play this with my original Deltarune: Chapter 1 save (I've never played it on PC =P). Quite surprised that it was even announced in the Direct due to how recently it was released(only about a week ago). Either way, I'm having a lot of fun with it!

- Mario Movie

Chris Pratt is voicing Mario and Jack Black is voicing Bowser.  Yeah... I don't know either. That part of the Direct felt like a shitpost honestly. But hey at least we got the December 21st 2022 release date.

On 9/23/2021 at 12:16 PM, hybridial said:

im trying to find a job to buy one this year too i really want to play smt5

It's Sora.

At least there will be a Doom Slayer costume for the Mii fighter, so it's not a deal breaker.

Edited by HavoX

1 minute ago, HavoX said:

It's Sora.

At least there will be a Doom Slayer costume, so it's not a deal breaker.

I was just gonna post here hehe. Here's the Slayer Mii costume for anyone curious:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg.18d2d9e425bb228833358ef7592c5c15.jpg

I am excited for Sora!!! I love Kingdom Hearts and with Cloud and Sephiroth being in Smash it only made sense for Sora since people kept asking for him!!

So the sensible money won out in the end. Glad to hear that fans got what they were hoping for. Personally I would have loved to have seen Sakurai show up in the game himself - make him like Mokujin from Tekken and just give him everyone else's moves.

And that Slayer costume is adorable <3