Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Kingslayer

How We Saw '95 Revival Thread [CLOSED]

5 hours ago, DFF said:

Yeah if you want to change that it would be great.

A hint: the yellow key is in the blue key computer room. The secrets operate like they do in the original e1m3 yellow key room. A lift trigger will allow you to access some secrets. Specifically where you grab the blue key to test.

Great, thanks for the submission!

hey, been a while huh?

Here's my final E3M9, probably gonna rework E2M9 because I don't really like it that much.

UpdatedE3M9.zip

Changelog:

-Some texture changes

-Fixed some more misaligned textures

-I don't know about this but i don't remember putting a middle texture in the shotgunner room

-Addedaneasteregg

On 9/19/2021 at 8:56 AM, lokbustam257 said:

hey, been a while huh?

Here's my final E3M9, probably gonna rework E2M9 because I don't really like it that much.

UpdatedE3M9.zip

Changelog:

-Some texture changes

-Fixed some more misaligned textures

-I don't know about this but i don't remember putting a middle texture in the shotgunner room

-Addedaneasteregg

Cool! I'm trying to dedicate at least a few hours to mapping today, but when I can I'll playtest this and update the listing to show that you're finished with it.

23 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

I may restart the one I was working on. Can I get some reclarification of the goal for the project? What is the theme in basic terms?

Remake a map from The Ultimate Doom. You're allowed to take lots of creative liberty, just make sure it's vanilla-compatible.
Also, no custom content, just standard Doom.
And have fun, ofc . ^.

I'd like to pump out trash for this project.

Sign me up for E1M7!

(not sure if I'll finish a map tho)

18 hours ago, axdoomer said:

Someone quit e1m7? I could take this map slot. 

Sorry, someone else got it. You both asked for it within the same hour and they didn’t already have any maps in the project.

Are we allowed to implement custom midis, or is that against the rules?

Hey, it's been a while. How's everyone doing with their maps?
I've been working on mine on and off, they've both gone through quite a few drafts. I'd like to have pictures ready in the next couple of days, since I'm working on a few other smaller projects too.

1 hour ago, The Kingslayer said:

Hey, it's been a while. How's everyone doing with their maps?
I've been working on mine on and off, they've both gone through quite a few drafts. I'd like to have pictures ready in the next couple of days, since I'm working on a few other smaller projects too.

I already finished mine a while ago, but nobody has actually playtested it '- u-

8 hours ago, Yumheart said:

I already finished mine a while ago, but nobody has actually playtested it '- u-

Shoot, that’s my bad. I’ll play test it tomorrow ASAP. I don’t see your name on the list, did you change it since it was last updated maybe?

3 minutes ago, Yandere_Doomer said:

do you have to be a certain age to participate? because i wasnt alive in 1995

Neither was I, so you’re good. We don’t have any map slots open right now, but maybe someone who has multiple maps can give you one of theirs. Which map did you want to remake?

8 minutes ago, The Kingslayer said:

Neither was I, so you’re good. We don’t have any map slots open right now, but maybe someone who has multiple maps can give you one of theirs. Which map did you want to remake?

im still not very familiar with what this project is about, and i read the op!

EDIT: oh are we recreating Doom 1 maps?

Edited by Yandere_Doomer

Just now, Yandere_Doomer said:

im still not very familiar with what this project is about, and i read the op!

Basically we’re reimagining The Ultimate Doom with the mapping standards of current vanilla-compatible WADs. Some people have chosen to recreate the layouts of the original maps with better texturing and lighting, and others are making entirely new maps based on the themes of the original. It’s basically a love-letter to the original maps.

On 10/22/2021 at 6:10 AM, The Kingslayer said:

Shoot, that’s my bad. I’ll play test it tomorrow ASAP. I don’t see your name on the list, did you change it since it was last updated maybe?

Right, I changed my Doom name from C3ntralPr0cessing. Sorry for the complications.

On 10/22/2021 at 5:21 AM, Yandere_Doomer said:

oh i see, sounds awesome, shame i didnt see this thread earlier

Would you like to take my E2M7 slot?

Hey, sorry to bump the thread with bad news, but I don't think I can lead this project anymore. It's been stressing me out and I don't think I was cut out to lead anyway. I'll explain why in spoiler text, so skip that if you don't want the sob story.

Spoiler

So I have a lot of self-worth issues, and I can't help but feel like I'm embarrassing my teammates when I work on community projects. Whether or not I am remains to be seen since I haven't made any WADs yet, but it's still very anxiety-inducing. That plus a lot of real world stuff makes mapping for this project more of a chore than a hobby, and I think that community projects should be lead with passion rather than obligation.

The good thing is, everyone who's been working on this should still have their WAD files, so it should be pretty easy for someone more experienced to take the lead. The only thing they'd need to do is create a new thread and find people to fill the E1M8 and E3M3 map slots. So please let me know if you'd be interested in taking over, I can provide the list of map slots and their mappers. Thank you all for your hard work, you guys have made some absolutely stunning stuff.

4 hours ago, The Kingslayer said:

Hey, sorry to bump the thread with bad news, but I don't think I can lead this project anymore. It's been stressing me out and I don't think I was cut out to lead anyway. I'll explain why in spoiler text, so skip that if you don't want the sob story.

Reveal hidden contents

So I have a lot of self-worth issues, and I can't help but feel like I'm embarrassing my teammates when I work on community projects. Whether or not I am remains to be seen since I haven't made any WADs yet, but it's still very anxiety-inducing. That plus a lot of real world stuff makes mapping for this project more of a chore than a hobby, and I think that community projects should be lead with passion rather than obligation.

The good thing is, everyone who's been working on this should still have their WAD files, so it should be pretty easy for someone more experienced to take the lead. The only thing they'd need to do is create a new thread and find people to fill the E1M8 and E3M3 map slots. So please let me know if you'd be interested in taking over, I can provide the list of map slots and their mappers. Thank you all for your hard work, you guys have made some absolutely stunning stuff.

It's all good <3

I'd be willing to take on E1M8 and E3M3.