Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MidnightMage

Angry Quilt 2 - for Ultimate Doom (Development Thread)

Let's wait for ThatWeNGuy but I'd say tomorrow at noon your time you could start if he hasn't posted anything by then. Again, if he isn't completed we will complete the other squares then loop back to add his square then. 

right um,

I barely made any progress on my section, and I was kinda busy yesterday.

I'll try to finish it if I can, if not then oh well.

Section 9 is done. I've also included a yellow card in it, accessible from section 13. If there ends up being too much backtracking involved, we can add a passage directly back into the room from the switch.

@Noiser your turn!

AngryQuilt2v09.zip

So I've played the newest version and really love how this is coming together.

Someone should add a yellow door in their section as Square 9 introduces the yellow key.

@Snaxalotl in square 6 how do the two doors to either side of the marble face texture open? I'm assuming they're supposed to as the bars lower.

@ThatWeNGuy is there a way to open these doors in square 7?

18 minutes ago, MidnightMage said:

@Snaxalotl in square 6 how do the two doors to either side of the marble face texture open? I'm assuming they're supposed to as the bars.

Oops!! Those doors are supposed to be regular doors that can be opened, with only the bars blocking access.

Ok, we'll address that once all the squares are completed and we are in the bugfixing stage.

I've put stars beside mappers who either didn't complete their square or would like to make adjustments to their square once the squares are completed.

Shall I add you to the bugfixing que?

@Noiser your section is a real ball buster lol. I love this coliseum square and it's a suiting way to introduce the cyber demon ;)

Also as a note to the final mappers, the BFG is finally available in the map so be aware of that.

Also, could someone add a yellow key door somewhere.

I think a caco from sector 6 wakes up and fly into sector 1 which throws ammo balance off somewhat. Soundproofing sectors correctly is something we should attend to later.

I noticed that as well. The cacodemon on it's own doesn't really impact gameplay all that much, but then an additional 2 lost souls fly into the first square as well and deplete a fair amount of the players accessible ammunition.

I agree proper soundproofing should be applied in the bug fixing stages. But I really don't mind DynamiteKaitorn's shotgun troops having access to the balcony in square 3, as they migrate from square 8 through square 4. It seems like reinforcements are rushing into the square after the big battle against the cacos.

15 hours ago, MidnightMage said:

@Noiser your section is a real ball buster lol. I love this coliseum square and it's a suiting way to introduce the cyber demon ;)

Also as a note to the final mappers, the BFG is finally available in the map so be aware of that.

heh working on a small area was a big challenge, let me know if it's too hard\too easy or if I need to change something else

Here it is! I did some tinkering to @DynamiteKaitorn's area and @Noiser's. I apologize if that is a problem with them in any way and will of course change it back if asked to.

There are a lot of texture aligning issues with the bricks but I ran out of time, so will tackle those when the entire quilt is done I guess. There are also a few more ornamental tweaks I wanna make here and there. Also: I couldn't get any of the doors to work, guess that will have to be fixed :(.

I used a red keycard so would like to ask somebody to make a red door. And I noticed that not everybody has been sticking to the floor tag system.

Have fun @Worriedidiot :D!
File: https://www.mediafire.com/file/l9afz6robj7c11q/AngryQuilt2v11.wad/file

Great thank you @Peccatum Mihzamiz, it is discouraged to change any other mappers squares. If they are ok with these changes this is permissible but by the mission statement of this project you may only change your square and no one elses.

As for the texture misalignments, we will do a follow up of bugfixing and alignment correction once the squares have been completed. 

As for the floor tag system, I'd like to remind all mappers to start tags in their squares starting with the number of their square, so if you have square 12 your tags would be 121,122,123, etc.

Alright Worriedidiot I really look forward to seeing what you make this time around! A reminder to mappers in the next sections we require a yellow door and a red door, somewhere :)

I am considering, when its my turn, to make the doors to the castle require a colored key... one door that needs the red key, one door that needs blue, one that needs yellow and maybe boost the enemies since the BFG will be in the players inventory when he/she reaches my square

Weird... For all my maps (with some rare occasions) i never put any DM spawns and i never encountered this problem...

I've genuinely never seen that error myself or secondhand. I could only guess GZdoom is trying to start the map in multiplayer but I wouldn't know how to fix it if so.