Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pixel Fiend

Challenge the person above you to play / beat a level

1 hour ago, Nefelibeta said:

Made it to the finale, and got killed by the last few archies, oh my fucking life.

It will probably take a bit more attempts, wait for me.

SODmap32fail.rar

Damn, that is rough. If it's any consolation, you were on pace to beat the map way faster than me. Took me like 34 minutes, you were right at the end at 19 minutes.

I challenge the person above @Astro X to beat map 4 of Plutonia with fast monsters enabled. Don't gotta max it, just gotta make it through.

2 hours ago, BaileyTW said:

I challenge the person above @Astro X to beat map 4 of Plutonia with fast monsters enabled.

When I read this I immediately freaked out. You really mean business, buddy.

But I managed to pull it off earlier than I expected, so here it is :)

7 hours ago, BaileyTW said:

Damn, that is rough. If it's any consolation, you were on pace to beat the map way faster than me. Took me like 34 minutes, you were right at the end at 19 minutes.

I challenge the person above @Astro X to beat map 4 of Plutonia with fast monsters enabled. Don't gotta max it, just gotta make it through.

Holy shit I already can't tell how many times I died because of my stupidity after finishing off the caco cloud. You'll probably need to wait *a little* longer, maybe a day or 2 until I finally decide to finish this after taking a break from doom.

11 hours ago, Astro X said:

When I read this I immediately freaked out. You really mean business, buddy.

But I managed to pull it off earlier than I expected, so here it is :)

Nice, the map is pretty spooky looking with fast monsters. I remember thinking I'd be stuck on it forever because of that hot start.

I challenge the person above to beat Scythe's map 30, Fire and Ice, using only one of the keys. Might have to look up how to do so.

1 minute ago, BaileyTW said:

I challenge the person above to beat Scythe's map 30, Fire and Ice, using only one of the keys. Might have to look up how to do so.

No joke, I just wanted to ask for the same, just within the par time. That's slightly spooky, you sure you don't have any psychic powers?

2 hours ago, C3ntralPr0cessing said:

No joke, I just wanted to ask for the same, just within the par time. That's slightly spooky, you sure you don't have any psychic powers?

I'll take this as you challenging me to it. The map doesn't exactly have a par time and the record for the map is above the default par time, so I took "par time" to mean under the time of at least one of the times posted. After some attempts, bonked a couple of walls but was lucky and didn't get blocked and shot a rocket at romero at just the right time and got a time of 37:83

Here's the zip: sc30-37.zip

Similar challenge. Do map 27 of scythe under 18 seconds.

5 hours ago, Doomdude89 said:

I challange you to beat my 2 maps in UV

Took a cyber rocket to the face after unleashing the three cybers in the second map. I didn't have time to do the map again so I left it off there :(

@Magicana

Full Moon MAP28 Pacifist

Edited by Paf : Removed a big wall of spaces that I accidentally (or didn't) type in

16 hours ago, BaileyTW said:

Have no idea what u ment with one key. (Oh ppl jumping over thanks to the archfiend heh) What an shortcut lol

Edited by Doomdude89

8 hours ago, Doomdude89 said:

Have no idea what u ment with one key. (Oh ppl jumping over thanks to the archfiend heh) What an shortcut lol

Yup, either that or as the yellow wall goes down for a tiny bit it works as a step to go over the other bars like stairs. Also wow, you put in all your attempts of the map. I like that. I don't really see videos of playthroughs of a map done like that on youtube.

14 hours ago, Magicana said:

I'm not sure this is actually possible.

It is, I tried to run it a few times and nearly exited in a demo, only thing being is that an archvile blasted me into a wall, instead of the teleporter to exit the level.

It's just unfairly hard.

@ScrappyMcDoogerton I challenge you to do Doom's E2M2 NM 100s without any exploit.

@BaileyTW In the end I couldn't finish the map, sorry pls don't kill me :). I'm still opened to another TNT challenge, maybe Map 14? or 17? Perhaps Map 24 NM 100s? Maybe 27 Uv-max? Anything is welcome but no more tyson challenges please

13 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

@BaileyTW In the end I couldn't finish the map, sorry pls don't kill me :). I'm still opened to another TNT challenge, maybe Map 14? or 17? Perhaps Map 24 NM 100s? Maybe 27 Uv-max? Anything is welcome but no more tyson challenges please

that's fair. I tried the map tyson again and it was much harder than I remember it being. How about TNT map 4 on nightmare, just gotta get to the exit. Bit difficult but short at least.

2 hours ago, BaileyTW said:

that's fair. I tried the map tyson again and it was much harder than I remember it being. How about TNT map 4 on nightmare, just gotta get to the exit. Bit difficult but short at least.

Alright, I'll attempt this one , let's see if I can make it

6 hours ago, BaileyTW said:

How about TNT map 4 on nightmare, just gotta get to the exit. Bit difficult but short at least.

Here it is. It's not as easy as I thought it'd be, the specters are quite annoying

ev04nm52.zip

27 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

Here it is. It's not as easy as I thought it'd be, the specters are quite annoying

ev04nm52.zip

Huh, I remember there being more health in the starting room, so I thought this would be easier. Good job with this.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:41 AM, BaileyTW said:

Huh, I remember there being more health in the starting room, so I thought this would be easier. Good job with this.

Ok so I finally did it.

In the final part where I tried to grab the secret invul, I was panicing so much that I kept failing that stupid jump for like 8 minutes(I DO NOT want to make another attempt) Please just skip that part if you want to watch the demo and don't make me look embarrassed. Thank you, first time tried to max a difficult map it was a nightmare.

SODmap32casualmax.rar

On 9/24/2021 at 7:12 AM, Clippy said:

@Astro X you are the person above me how's it going

Here's a short challenge if you're interested

Thank you, but chainsawing the whole map is not my thing. Gotta pass that one for now.

4 hours ago, Nefelibeta said:

Ok so I finally did it.

In the final part where I tried to grab the secret invul, I was panicing so much that I kept failing that stupid jump for like 8 minutes(I DO NOT want to make another attempt) Please just skip that part if you want to watch the demo and don't make me look embarrassed. Thank you, first time tried to max a difficult map it was a nightmare.

SODmap32casualmax.rar

I think you zipped the wrong demo here. This one is one second long. Not that I don't believe you, you got hella close before.

Also holy shit I didn't know till now there was a secret invuln and cell cache till right now on this map.

4 hours ago, BaileyTW said:

I think you zipped the wrong demo here. This one is one second long. Not that I don't believe you, you got hella close before.

Also holy shit I didn't know till now there was a secret invuln and cell cache till right now on this map.

Please don't tell me the demo file is corrupted, I'll regret my life.

(Annnd it's corrupted, what the fuck just happened?)

Oh my god now I figured that out. I turn off the in-game music in order to listen to my own music. And then after the recording I accidently click on the shortcut file with -record parameter just to turn the music back. Forgive my stupidity.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:41 AM, BaileyTW said:

Here, this is an interesting wad I found called nohealth. Max Map01, I don't think difficulty is implemented so you can play it with saves.

nh666v2.zip

btw, I don't really know if I should record the demo again. If you want me to do it, I will.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:53 PM, Astro X said:

I challenge @Crusader No Regret to beat map01 of this wad from @Esperpento.

The intended difficulty is UV-max, but you can do whatever :)

PrBoom+ refused to run the WAD until I changed the filename to something it would accept.  Took a swing at it.  Dropped down to HMP for sanity.  Recorded a run where I exit the map and add on no secrets for extra spice.  Two failed attempts at the start of the demo which I leave in since the map is so short.

aosexit_cnr.zip

MAP11: Circle of Death. Mouse Only. Everything else up to you. Bonus points for only using left click, right click and the mouse wheel. Just don't give yourself carpal tunnel syndrome!