Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomguykiller69

How much space does your folder occupy where you play doom?

Just now, doomguykiller69 said:

What things do you have in that folder?

A bunch of WADs, readme files, gzdoom, a subfolder for Doom 64 Absolution (which I am currently playing), some deh files to go with certain WADs, some zipped files, backup files, batch files, save files, etc.

6 minutes ago, Robo_Cola said:

Christ your folder is huge, is that mostly soundfonts or skins?  If it's soundfonts, which ones do you use?

I use the most horrible sound fonts you can find on the internet, like the one from nokia hahaha
I also have all the versions of doom that lzdoom can run, I have skins, crosshairs, and a mod that I create to add to the monsters of all doom, from 64 to 3 with their expansions, the mod does not weigh much about 10mb, also a wad with midi music that I create, to play it while I play, I have maximum doom, but what happens more in the folder are the sound fonts

4 minutes ago, Captain POLAND said:

A bunch of WADs, readme files, gzdoom, a subfolder for Doom 64 Absolution (which I am currently playing), some deh files to go with certain WADs, some zipped files, backup files, batch files, save files, etc.

Backing up the settings is very important!

doom-folder.jpg.fa9a588cc641fa1348a662409767ba11.jpg

Multiple versions of nearly every source port, lots of pwads/pk3s, folders upon folders of graphics/sound effects/MIDI, my own projects with their own asset folders, front end launchers, a plethora of various tools for editing, and a partridge in a pear tree.

3 minutes ago, Lippeth said:

doom-folder.jpg.fa9a588cc641fa1348a662409767ba11.jpg

Multiple versions of nearly every source port, lots of pwads/pk3s, folders upon folders of graphics/sound effects/MIDI, my own projects with their own asset folders, front end launchers, a plethora of various tools for editing, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Disk space is not a problem when talking about doom B)

Screenshot_2021-09-28_21-26-14.jpg.bf6e61e445921fe61393d4532a4ec6ae.jpg

Aside from Doom 64 EX, all my source ports are installed system-wide, so I'm not counting those.  I compressed most of the stuff in "Resource Wads" since I rarely need to access those in any sort of quick way.  "Mine" is all my development stuff.

image.png.13c6f59cd0a2abacd8db4455ba8da6d0.png

(the name of the folder is because a friend of mine made a little setup because i was too dumb to figure out how to make my own several years ago somehow, and i never bothered to change it)

I did not actually expect mine to have 20GB worth of stuff, wow. This is all dozens of texture packs, hundreds of wads, most of the more popular sourceports and probably hundreds of high res screenshots though, so i guess it makes sense.

Not a whole lot currently (and 1140-ish of those files are demo files so the file number would really be 230). Only have the files for Crispy Doom DSDA Doom and LZDoom (used it to get valiant end of chapter screen screenshots and then never again), some wads and their txts and some deh files (though), the midis for the plutonia and TNT fan midipacks. Haven't been at this for too long, before early April of this year I just had the Iwads and crispy doom, so don't got a whole lot. Will probably fill it with some soundfonts soon, and over time more wads since I never clear old wads because why would I do that.

Untitled.png

Folder is organized into 1 for each port and 1 for demos. Currently have the wads in the port folders for the port I use to play em which is fast but not the best organization, should just have the wads in the main folder as their own folder organized by the port I'd use em in.

I have multiple folders with doom, mods, mods that are WIP etc... all in all...

they are using about 70 Gigabytes on this laptop... other computers of mine have a similar amount of doom 1+2 related stuff...

a good chunk of it is 3d models

2 minutes ago, CBM said:

I have multiple folders with doom, mods, mods that are WIP etc... all in all...

they are using about 60 Gigabytes on this laptop... other computers of mine have a similar amount of doom 1+2 related stuff...

a good chunk of it is 3d models

Are the 3D models for sprites?

Just now, Robo_Cola said:

Are the 3D models for sprites?

no for ingame model usage

6.08 GB... I need to clean up. It's mostly multiple copies of Zandronum and GZDoom and some Wads that I was too lazy to delete after playing them.

Almost exactly 1Gb.  Roughly 40% of this is WAD files (including IWADs); the rest is ports and utilities and resources.

2031214739_notalot.PNG.21ca4365e155145bc48d4ef4c2d61158.PNG

Doom 64 CE and PSX Doom CE take up ~2.75GB of that. GZDoom and all my mods in its folder take ~6GB

Not much because I'm simply delete each previos PWAD I've used and not handle not useful things near by / not using much mods in total. Basically I've GzDoom + current PWAD for each game + 1 game mod (Complex Doom for Doom, Heretical Doom for Heretic, Walpurgis for Hexen is my taste) + sometimes texture packs, like now in case of classic repeat (they usually conflict with PWAD's).

Ultimate DOOM - 924 MB (rare used).

DOOM II - 796 MB.

Heretic - 1,16 Gb.
Hexen - 751 MB.
DOOM 64 - 118 MB (last thing was https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2369690)

Final DOOM dilogy mostly not actual in my case, so not mention it here.