Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

11 minutes ago, LordEntr0py said:

That's nice! What engine did you do that in?

It´s actually GZDoom with a bunch of dynamic lights and shadowmaps activated!

1 minute ago, Guardsoul said:

It´s actually GZDoom with a bunch of dynamic lights and shadowmaps activated!

I wondered if you'd done some trickery in GZDoom. Awesome work.

ejzImKe.png

So far I'm working on Heretic map E4M9 the Fountain of war, Which will feature War of the horse rider generals

IBH86Jl.png

The message saying one who does not have the triforce can't go in meens that you don't have all 3 segments for the phoenix rod for to let the door open

On 9/19/2021 at 7:38 PM, Guardsoul said:

Light up the stage!

2021-09-18_13-28-17.gif

carmack should have seen this in 1993

On 9/19/2021 at 1:38 PM, Guardsoul said:

Light up the stage!

2021-09-18_13-28-17.gif

This reminds me of that one area in map08 of Nimrod where you insert 2 of the ship batteries in the battery chargers and that warp fuel power turbine starts to rotate, I even make somthing like this too NapWJoJ.png

Edited by RonLivingston

I've been working on a complete remake of E1M6 for End Quest, a Heretic Episode I've been developing. With the original level making an appearance in Cacowad's Blasphemous Experiments I decided this was a good opportunity to try my own spin on the concept for this level to make it fit the style of EQ a little closer. The layout is mostly complete now at 600 sectors but I expect to double or triple that once I do a texture, detail, and shading pass. Hopefully by then I will have some screenshots that are a little more juicy.

Screenshot_Heretic_20210923_122952.png

Here's a better vid of my upcoming map 'The Harrowing of Men'. Thought I'd break out the big guns fore this - my A51 seems to run it a bit better...

On 9/24/2021 at 1:16 PM, smeghammer said:

Here's a better vid of my upcoming map 'The Harrowing of Men'. Thought I'd break out the big guns fore this - my A51 seems to run it a bit better...

What's up with the text on the screen?  This preview makes a brotha' think for some reason.  How big are the fights gonna be?

3 hours ago, Mr. LBN said:

What's up with the text on the screen?  This preview makes a brotha' think for some reason.  How big are the fights gonna be?

Ah, the text is ACS debug messages. They will be removed before release, don't worry.

There's a bunch of logic to make the doors work - they are actually 3D shapes with movable control sectors. There is also a bunch of logic to block and unblock the fence lines as you get higher and/or go up steps, and I added the debug print/logs to help me.

I'm hoping the key/switch logic is not too obscure, there is a bit of backtracking - I'll wait for feedback about that...

My original plan was to do a simple design slaughtermap arena type thing. That didn't work... I ended up with a lot of map detailing and buggering about with 3D floors. I'm hoping the battles will be challenging - but I'm probably not the best player out there, so it'll probably be relatively easy for the better players out there.

I started on the bottom level with a bunch of spawn points and trigger lines - and that is probably gonna  be the hardest bit - I still had the slaughtermap thing in my head when I did that.

To be honest though, I haven't really started on monster placement for levels 2, 3 and 4. Watch this space...

You guys have such great looking maps. How do you even go about making such great-looking outdoor areas...

My measly "third wad ever or at least in my adult life" is shaping as follows:

Spoiler

rhhe82_boommap01.JPG.2eb3d56a930d458e2022aebfc0e21cc5.JPG

rhhe82boommap01_001s.png.61292ac66c505354a3ea7da4cf8284bf.png

rhhe82boommap01_002s.png.09ef67adb0430bb0368ac403e7280666.png

rhhe82boommap01_003s.png.9aaf274fd90ce9e2b677e37678030843.png

I intended to try out vanilla mapping for NaNoWadMo, but I already took a little headstart, and also settled on Boom-compatibility. I kept switching between Vanilla (I quite like Crispy Doom) and Boom, which is more flexible, and UDMF with all sorts of QoL-features, but would also be more cramped and possibly slow to make. So, I settled on Boom to have the added flexibility without sacrificing port-compatibility. I figured I wouldn't need UDMF/GZDoom-features all that much. So far I haven't had problems with texture alignment (which was the main point of UDMF for me). Scripting would be nice and thing tags, and "Actor enters sector"-sort of things, but all in all, have missed UDMF far less than I anticipated.

I also had another restraint at first, that the map should fit into 1500x1500 grid. Ditched that, too, but the first portion of the map has been designed with that in mind. The newer portions have been me trying to learn the ropes of crafting a bit more modern style of map. I've been trying to catch on with modern PWADs, and as a result, some of the areas have been while playing and looking at the early levels of Valiant, which I've enjoyed so far. (I also snatched the music from Valiant's MAP02 for this one. I seem to really dig StewBoy's tracks).

This'll probably never be released, unless it fits into some CP, or if turns out really good, or if I happen to make a few more decent Boom-maps. But first we're gonna see if I even manage to finish this one. Hopes are high, as I think this is already past the early draft stage, when a map can be discarded without blinking an eye.

Here's a project that I've been working on lately

ABANDONED OUTPOST

It's one of very few projects that uses Freedoom assets as base.
I encourage you to try it out :)

nearly finished map13 for The Magenta Spire, this one is deep underground themed

doom15.png

doom16.png

doom17.png

doom19.png