Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Widosm

Favorite doom enemy?

Mine is probably the cacodemon. It's often added into maps to increase the difficulty, but they're really not a big threat. Their design is nice and they're not as bad as pain elementals. I also like the archviles because they force you to start prioritising targets, and I like the sound effects.

Me too, I really love Cacodemons, everything about them - they way they sound and look; they are dangerous, but not dickish. Cacodemon swarm doesn’t rub my nerves the wrong way like constant revenant screeching and archvile panting.

It's probably the Arch-vile for me as I think it has the most unique both artistic and gameplay designs in the game.

3 minutes ago, Briøche said:

It's probably the Arch-vile for me as I think it has the most unique both artistic and gameplay designs in the game.

There's an Arch-Vile fan among us

Baron Of Hell, not many around (in Hurt me plenty difficulty) but I tend to love these guys a lot, maybe it has to do that the Baron was originally hand made, maybe that is why Iam so intrested in him. Otherwise I would say the Imp and the Pinky.

Probably Chaingunner or Revenant. They made Doom II so much different, you see the chaingunners with their backs turned in MAP03 and you're like "What are those guys?" and the Revenant spooks the shit out of you (spooky skelly boi!)

Those two enemies made Plutonia one of the hardest maps of the 1990s too, made Casali's Punisher the first slaughter map, and added a lot of flavor to several WADs. 

The one that goes AAAAAAAA.

Yeah, the Revenant. They can be somewhat annoying but they're really fun to deal with.

Cacos probably. They just occupy a nice mid-tier niche that makes them usable in numerous situations. And it’s fun to make them fall out of the air!

Caco and the cyberdemon. I just think where the cyberdemon is positioned sometimes is... Interesting?

I also like the mastermind and the arachno

From a design perspective I like the archvile, no enemy serves it's purpose so effectively of keeping pressure on the player, some custom enemies get close but it never replaces the vile, the revanant as an enemy is another favorite because hes the funny skeleton enemy.

I always liked the Revenant and I like him more and more as time goes on. The homing missiles turns Doom into a very skillful and fast-paced game. Not only that, but the low HP and skinny collision also make him a versatile enemy for map designers. You can even put them on a tight room as Revenants doesn't shoot the player up-close. He's awesome.

Edited by Noiser

mancubus
looks tanky, feels tanky, is absolutely tanky
just putting one in a room works as a fight, matching them with other monsters will force you to play chess with the map
same goes for cacos although they don't roll out 6 projectiles so they work more as roadblocks instead of the friggin artillery battery that is the fat man