Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahkan

So, how old are you ?

18 hours ago, HLRaven said:

17, getting closer and closer to the 18th Mark, kinda hyped! ..but also a tiny bit anxious, which I am guessing is normal that age, right?

I'm rootin' for you, bud!

There isn't a whole lot about being 18, not right away at least anyway. :p

So yeah, don't sweat :D

Mental age: Depressed forty-eight year old stuck in a dead end job with no hope for anything.

Physical and social age: seventeen.

Gonna be 37 tomorrow. I ain't getting any younger; I'm even starting to show a bald spot!

I didn't have time yet to read all 30 pages but I can say most of you wouldn't be born for several decades after me. I remember when there were no computers, black and white TV's, only AM radio, no cell phones and the ones we had only came with rotors (Rotary phones). Yeah, try to figure one of them out (?). Calculators were thousands of dollars, no gaming consoles, we hadn't to went t the moon, there was no such thing as the internet or social media.

I could go on

I'm 60 years old and still into gaming

Never let age keep you from something you love.....Game on!

Or as gamespy use to say before you started a session..."Let's get it on with the killing"

7th prime number which coincidentially my birthday is also the 7th multipler of two

Alright I give up with the riddles 17

Turned 36 a few months ago. I'm very young but I'm starting to feel old. It's getting harder and harder to take care of my body and I feel like I'm watching it fall apart faster than I can fix it.

On 9/23/2021 at 6:35 PM, Koko Ricky said:

I'm very young but I'm starting to feel old.

“I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.”

9 hours ago, Gangstalker said:

I'm one of those troublemakin' youngsters all you 30 years old talk about here :)

Git outta mah Doom forums and Fortnite dance your way back to Roblox where you belong, ya pesky fetus!

There's way more teens on these boards than I realize...

Question: Is it weird being on a forum that existed before you were born?

I remember when the first web browser came out! Those were the days. We had to literally recreate Doom from hand gestures. Dark times.

I'm 25, besides putting on a little bit of weight this last year, I still feel like I'm 18.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:43 AM, GratefulName said:

I'm currently 13 but i'm hoping my mapping skills get better at... idk 20?

If you mapped just a little bit everyday (like 10 minutes) from this day forward, you'd probably be in the top 5 mappers ever.  You can basically shift mountains at your age provided you keep the habit.

On 9/23/2021 at 6:35 PM, Koko Ricky said:

Turned 36 a few months ago. I'm very young but I'm starting to feel old. It's getting harder and harder to take care of my body and I feel like I'm watching it fall apart faster than I can fix it.

Huh, you're the same age as my sister.  While there's an 11 age difference between us, she still looks about the same age I do.  Taking care of your health goes a long ways.

Ah, well, I was born in 2003, but I didn't grow up with Fortnite. I grew up with UT99, not even UT2004 funnily enough.

So yeah, I suppose culturally, it's more about your upbringing and childhood, than just the number that is the year you were born. Zeitgeists are less about people's ages and more about culture. :p

Plus I'm from Brazil, so maybe that makes a difference too, I dunno!

12 minutes ago, DoomGater said:

Which day? We want to send  some birthday frags...:-)

October 6. Born 1n 1977... yeah baby! and you know what? i have a year and a half working in the videogames industry for the first time. I'm feeling on fire!

On 9/30/2021 at 4:12 PM, Gustavo6046 said:

Plus I'm from Brazil, so maybe that makes a difference too, I dunno!

I would say yes, definitely. As a fellow millennial (heh), I remember how big the SNES and Genesis were here in Brazil while the rest of the world moved to the Nintendo 64 and Playstation (which we also did eventually). The same happened one generation before - the Atari was big here even after the "crash" on the US. Of course, that was an economical trait: The newer stuff was too expensive for us (especially on the late nineties) so we always kept some oldies for longer.

At the end I think that moved us a bit more to the retro culture than an american of the same age, for example. Being on a different country definitely changes how generations are perceived as well.

Edited by Noiser

On 9/30/2021 at 7:09 AM, princetontiger said:

There's way more teens on these boards than I realize...

Question: Is it weird being on a forum that existed before you were born?

I remember when the first web browser came out! Those were the days. We had to literally recreate Doom from hand gestures. Dark times.

A little? I guess it is a little weird but I don't mind it all too much, I find places like this to have more "community" and such then places like Reddit or Twitter.

Only got back into Doom last year and I am blown away by the amazing mapping, modding and speedrun community. Feel very grateful that so many talented people put so much effort into things for everyone else to share.

Intrigued to see all the younger people playing. Would love to hear more from them on how they got into Doom if it was not through a parent, what their peers think of it, and views on how it feels compared to more modern games.

On 10/2/2021 at 1:03 PM, Balls of Steel Forever said:

Quite old.

23 in this life.

Jeez 23? Ancient. Hopefully you have been scoping out retirement homes and walkers cause you will need them soon at your age.