Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

58 minutes ago, BrassKnight said:

...I want to be like those concept artist that I adore but practicing feels like a complete grind all the time. I know it's gonna make me better in the long run but I don't even know what I'm doing, it's just so exhausting. I can't even draw what I like because I'm not confident in my skills at all

I know it's easier said than done, but you shouldn't not work on things you enjoy because you haven't reached your end goals yet. Having a cycle of doing personal works, taking breaks, studying/practicing subjects, then looking at your backlog with a critical eye to find what areas you should be focusing on is a good way to do things from my personal experience (though different people learn differently). Seeking guidance from internet study sources and drawing from reference a lot are also essential.

There will be always be new things to learn, so just grinding exercises before doing anything so you reach the level of the artists you admire is a hopeless task, you should take things at your own pace and find ways to create things you enjoy along the way, and don't be afraid of making mistakes or disliking old pieces, that's just how progress goes. Whether you want to publish your works along the way somewhere or keep them private is also up to personal choice, though knowing how to handle and learn from critique is also a valuable skill.

Edit (random fact about myself): I draw

Edited by Mayomancer

For some reason, there's this smell that's been stuck with my nose for the past few weeks. It smells a bit like paint and cigarettes, I don't know why but it could be the new paint job that our house just got.

I'm the first Taffer ever to flare elevator to the top of the skybox above Angelwatch in the Thief: TMA level 'Life of the Party' and I have video to prove it.

My usual casual wear for almost any occasion are a collared shirt, cargo shorts/shorts, and sandals. Over the last few years my style has turned into some sort of dad-style, even though I'm only 21. It just works. Over the last few years I've gotten this "I don't give a shit I'm just going to do what I want" outlook on a lot of things, and I think the clothes I wear are pretty reminiscent of that.

I'm really not much of an anime fan despite my profile pictures; I understand the whole 'hurr durr anime pfp weeb' bullshit, but for christ's sake, I'm not a fan unless it's certain shows, and that's mainly since it's an over saturated genre with no quality control what so ever.

Watching Happy Tree Friends at a young age does wonders to desensitize you to blood and gore. I should know, I did so myself!

...Got in huge trouble for it, and traumatized myself for a bit in the process, but it was worth it! ...Maybe.

4 hours ago, kinker31 said:

Watching Happy Tree Friends at a young age does wonders to desensitize you to blood and gore. I should know, I did so myself!

...Got in huge trouble for it, and traumatized myself for a bit in the process, but it was worth it! ...Maybe.

My dad showed my happy tree friends when I was around 7 or 8. Our favorite character is Flippy. 

He also introduced me to Johnny the homicidal maniac and the bands type o negative and Switchblade symphony. 

I love my dad..

You rock @90's Doomer!!!

I collect rocks. I also have an education in geology, which I never did much with.

On 10/6/2021 at 12:12 AM, kinker31 said:

I watched Barefoot Gen in my childhood, and it was terrible experience

15 hours ago, BrassKnight said:

I spend way too much time and effort editing the About Me section of my Doomworld profile.

I'd say it payed off! Very impressive. Makes me want to spend the time to make mine nicer. And when I finally release something, I'll add links to it.