Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jazzmaster9

Rapidfire 2 - Another 6 Level Vanilla Mapset - Release v1.0 - NOW ON IDGAMES!

Rapidfire indeed! I'm envy, making one map per day requires a lot of skill and discipline (I know cause I barely finish any lol).

Congrats on another release!

Thank you for another precious mapset and Chocolate Doom compability. Already played through maps 1-4 and really loved them.

A terrific sequel, Jazzman! I thoroughly enjoyed it. No two maps felt the same, combat and traps were varied and interesting, the difficulty curve was pretty well-balanced and thought out, the music choices fit pretty well and your use of OTEX is sublime. 10/10 :^)

Edited by Biodegradable

Minor Fix uploaded:

- Fixed Cacodemon stuck in Monster Closet in Map 04.

14 hours ago, i suck at nicknames said:

heyo can you please provide an alternative link? dropbox never ever seems to work with me for some reason

Mediafire link up for both Rapidfire 1 and 2

I just finished playing through this on UV pistol start. Good series of maps with a nice difficulty progression, map05 took the most attempts as the Mancubus kept knocking me off the catwalks. Map06 seems unnecessary to me but I understand you wanted to include the credits screen on the episode transition text. Aside from a disappointing finale map I don't have any complaints.

7 hours ago, Denim Destroyer said:

I just finished playing through this on UV pistol start. Good series of maps with a nice difficulty progression, map05 took the most attempts as the Mancubus kept knocking me off the catwalks. Map06 seems unnecessary to me but I understand you wanted to include the credits screen on the episode transition text. Aside from a disappointing finale map I don't have any complaints.

The final map is actually a Vanilla homage to another map.

Spoiler

Duel by Aurelius From Micro Slaughter Community Project

An another great mapset by Jazzmaster9 completed. It was harder than the 1st one (for me) but I really enjoyed. Beautifully made maps, Map05 is (again) my favourite map and Map06 is hilarious (yeah, I like breaking skulls). I also enjoyed the ice map. Congrats for the 2nd time

Also, I should suggest you to make RapidFire 3 and here's why:

Each mapset of RF has 6 maps. There are 2 RF which makes it 66. Making a 3rd one adds one more 6 and makes it 666

Enjoying it so far, though for some reason loading onto MAP02 causes an error in vanilla: Z_CT at w_wad.c:510. Doesn't seem to happen in Chocolate though, just vanilla.

3 hours ago, OpenRift said:

Enjoying it so far, though for some reason loading onto MAP02 causes an error in vanilla: Z_CT at w_wad.c:510. Doesn't seem to happen in Chocolate though, just vanilla.

I looked into this error, and i think i know whats causing it. gonna upload a fix soon

Release candidate 2 for Rapidfire 2: True Colors is up.

Changes:

- Changed Enemy Encounter in Map04

- Broken D_STALKS midi fixed

- Minor Retexturing and Texture alignment

Ah I remember the days when I could make a level in a day.  Of course back then my levels weren't as detailed and the editors I used wouldn't let me make a level that was too big.  Anyway, once again, good stuff.  I'm on level 4 right now, and I like the look of it.  A problem I noticed is you have a few secrets that have nothing in them. 

9 minutes ago, Kor said:

Ah I remember the days when I could make a level in a day.  Of course back then my levels weren't as detailed and the editors I used wouldn't let me make a level that was too big.  Anyway, once again, good stuff.  I'm on level 4 right now, and I like the look of it.  A problem I noticed is you have a few secrets that have nothing in them. 

Thank you for catching them. Uploaded a hot fix for the mistagged secret items.

These maps are good. I admire your mapping ambition - fun maps made so quick. @Biodegradable joined in on commentary 

I liked the random map themes too - kept things fresh. Ice map was cool too I liked them all I think. Great times I'll def look for more maps from u 

Uploaded Release Candidate 3

Changes:

- Reworked Architecture on Map03 and Map04 to Meet Vanilla Seg limits and avoid Rendering glitches.

- Reworked the Switch that opens the exit room in Map06.

Uploaded Release Candidate 4:

- Reworked some Monster Encounters in Map 04.

Spoiler

- The Opening Room now has the Revenant's Ambush flag removed.

- Revenants in the Central Courtyard with the Hitscanner ambush can be alerted by Gunshots when the Barricade lowers.

- Added an Archvile in the Chaingunner Trap in the end.

- Minor detail Changes and retexturing in Map 01.

So this mapset is pretty legendary, the difficulty ramps up each level, and takes inspiration from a lot of the classics, while still calling back to RF1, true to Jazzmaster's original styles. 

I'm keen to finish (having only got up to the final two maps) and review it more detail, damn good fun!! :D 

If you want to check my playthrough though, here we go: https://youtu.be/dX95xeDnjss 

Edited by Hyacsho : I wanted to add my streamed footage.

Final Release of Rapidfire 2: True Colors v1.0 is out.

Thank you so much to people who tried it out and gave feedback.