Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raziel

Favorite Doom 64 Enemy redesign?

Mine would have to be the Pain Elemental. That ruled.

The shotgun marine was stupid though. All it was was a darker colored pistol marine. no different looking sprites like the PC version. Made it hard to tell if it was a shotgun or pistol marine. That's the worst redesign.

The Arachnotron - the only one that didn't turn out shittier than the PC one.

I like the D64 pinkie the best, closely followed by the cacodemon. The SGguy/skinny cyber/arach./mancubus/rat-faced demon (end boss) were bad IMO.

Don't have a clue, never played it. Is it available on the PC yet? Someone (I think it was BBG) told me ages ago that it would be soon.

The Demon, no doubt about it. That thing looks absolutely badass in Doom64.

All of them. Just wish that the Shotgun Guy looked a little more different than the Zombieman.

Hmm...Teh Imp. It atleast looked more demonic and alien than the old one, and the new Cyberdemon. The old one wasy too short and stalky.

I thought the pain elemental was cool because it had two mouths and could spit out two lost souls at once. PC version could only spit out one.

I thought the 64 enemies were better then all the PC's with the exception of the shut gun guy and the mancubus. You can't tell who's the zombie or the shut gun guy and I hate that cause I always give attention to the enemy the posses the biggest threat when playing. The mancubus is so large that it's actually easier to dodge his fireballs in the 64 version. I thought all the rest looked top notch although I could have gone for the spider mastermind....

Raziel said:

I thought the pain elemental was cool because it had two mouths and could spit out two lost souls at once. PC version could only spit out one.

That would be the one reason to hate it even more - an already piss annoying enemy becomes twice the nuisance. But oh well, luckily, we're all different.

I really think the Demon and Arachnotron looked way better than the pc versions.

the pain elemental looks alright but could of been made better.

I choose the pc shotguy and trooper over the d64 versions.

the pc Imp looks too cartoonish and the d64 imp looks to dumb. but I go for the pc Imp

the cyberdemon in pc doom looks more wicked rather than the toonish d64 cyberdemon. but imo both looks really cool.

the best redesign was definately the pinky demon, that fucker was badass in D64
i also would like to point out that the D64 cyberdemon was alot more dangerous than the pc cyberdemon, although the pc cybie looked more impressive when u first saw it

The pinky and the cacodemon was by far better than any other version (considering that all other versions used the original pc monsters) I believe that I've actually had dreams about the first pink demon you encounter in Doom 64

Joe Doom said:

I believe that I've actually had dreams about the first pink demon you encounter in Doom 64

rofl