Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

web site

it's the fourth quarter at school and we're making (another) website, this time utilizing a lot of stuff we haven't learned, like flash and stuff. well, i want to feature some DooM stuff on my site but in order to do this i have to go home, put the frames on a floppy disk and bring them back here. are there any sites that feature all the frames and texture tiles that i can right-click/save, or is that illegal? if so, sorry i asked.

edit: why do i always feel like i'm gonna get banned?

Little Faith said:

Do it yourself with Wintex.

This is undoubtly one of the things that is very easy to do with wintex.

i do. i have many frames and sounds ripped at home. the problem is, i'm not on that computer, i'm on the one at school. i'm just being my usual lazy ass self and trying to find an easy way out of this situation.

You won't find sites that have uploaded all the individual frames and textures because (1) why? (2) it's very illegal.

Assuming that all the files you have aren't very big, you could just wait until you get home. Then put all the files into a zip file, and email it to your school computer's email address. It should be there the next day.

Or if that doesn't work, you could use an FTP to load all the files to the site from home. Then tomorrow, and download those files from the site to the school computer. I do it this way all the time to transfer text files of my map and thing behavior ideas from work to home.

Ichor said:

Assuming that all the files you have aren't very big, you could just wait until you get home. Then put all the files into a zip file, and email it to your school computer's email address. It should be there the next day.

Or if that doesn't work, you could use an FTP to load all the files to the site from home. Then tomorrow, and download those files from the site to the school computer. I do it this way all the time to transfer text files of my map and thing behavior ideas from work to home.

I believe there are also some sites that offer a "My Briefcase" type thing. But I always use FTP, since they have IE Downloads blocked. I have to use the Window's FTP, but that's not too much of a problem.