• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RetroAkaMe

Doomguy gets Fried Chicken nuggets

It's a joke wad and it's pretty small.

Made for GZDoom and LZDoom.

(tested with LZDoom)

Doomguy wants to get fried chicken, so he goes to the nearest restaurant, maintained by demons.

Screenshots:

Screenshot_2021-10-12-21-19-01-22_e6009d95a270125ca6c92f670edc6cea.jpg.767175736d2e2d7954c2ca3fe13f4b8d.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-12-21-18-43-10_e6009d95a270125ca6c92f670edc6cea.jpg.bee6dd8676009b57a7f84866050da979.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-12-21-18-32-31_e6009d95a270125ca6c92f670edc6cea.jpg.c3e76dbd82e406c93cd1e99f5c2d9cf6.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-12-21-18-26-01_e6009d95a270125ca6c92f670edc6cea.jpg.28072e603f2c9139895d251336fac4fa.jpg

Download it here:

FriedChicken.wad

Edit: I didn't make the chicken and the pork, those are from realm667

Edit 2: I might change some stuff

Edit 3: this was made around September, so I decided to upload it

Edited by RetroAkaMe

WARNING LOUD AUDIO AT 3:55 Silly idea loved the chickens!

Edited by Dubbag

2 hours ago, sluggard said:

wait, are those delta touch screenshots? did you make this on your phone or what

Nah I made it in the PC but I tested it in the phone

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

KFC has better texture alignment. Placing some chickens and pigs in a hideous map full of visual problems and braindead gameplay isn't the funniest thing in the world.

i liked it...

1 hour ago, Dubbag said:

i liked it...

It isn't nearly as dire as some recent "jokewads", but it could be a lot better with some basic level of polish. Visuals usually end up being an important factor in jokewads, and this one here seems to be another victim of the "it's just a joke so who cares if it looks like crap" mentality. Even The Sky May Be, with its garish and hideous visuals, was graphically unique and surreal on purpose, not by accident or lack of effort. Combat here is barely serviceable (it doesn't exist), and improving the gameplay overall would be a good starting point.

I do think the premise itself is charming, and I would love to see the foundation here expand into something with a little more TLC put into it. As is, playing this (to me) was like going through someone's beginner experiment with some farm animals thrown in. The texture alignment in particular is a good example of how this map could have been better with just a little more effort.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

5 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

It isn't nearly as dire as some recent "jokewads", but it could be a lot better with some basic level of polish. Visuals usually end up being an important factor in jokewads, and this one here seems to be another victim of the "it's just a joke so who cares if it looks like crap" mentality. Even The Sky May Be, with its garish and hideous visuals, was graphically unique and surreal on purpose, not by accident or lack of effort. Combat here is barely serviceable, and improving the gameplay overall would be a good starting point.

I do think the premise itself is charming, and I would love to see the foundation here expand into something with a little more TLC put into it. As is, playing this (to me) was like going through someone's beginner experiment with some farm animals thrown in. The texture alignment in particular is a good example of how this map could have been better with just a little more effort.

I'm adding more decoration in later updates also I just took of what I thought was a restaurant when it's more of a simple kitchen

But you must be fair, it's hard to make detailed stuff in doom.

i guess im just a simple man, I see chicken nuggets and i click!

11 minutes ago, RetroAkaMe said:

At least I'm adding actual nuggets in a later update!

you better, did you see my video ending? lol

25 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

i guess im just a simple man, I see chicken nuggets and i click!

Me too lol 

I'm actually very happy I played because now I discovered I can add little chickens to my future maps and I'm totally going to do it

31 minutes ago, RetroAkaMe said:

But you must be fair, it's hard to make detailed stuff in doom.

Not everything needs to be ultra-detailed and contain sector art toilets and pizzas. But it's always important to at least make an effort in polishing what you have. Texture alignment is not the same thing as detail, but it's oftentimes even more important. Especially for tiny maps like this that lack variety in terms of textures used. 

what you should do is add one chicken to the end of an epic map as a boss and give it like 5000 HP and make it do insta-kill damage and have it chase you and if you get touched you gib.

Death Message- Player was chocked by a chicken.

Just now, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Not everything needs to be ultra-detailed and contain sector art toilets and pizzas. But it's always important to at least polish what you have. Texture alignment is not the same thing as detail, but it's oftentimes even more important. Especially for tiny maps like this that lack variety  in terms of textures used. 

Did you mean that switch at the exit?

I-uh had difficulties...

Just now, Dubbag said:

what you should do is add one chicken to the end of an epic map as a boss and give it like 5000 HP and make it do insta-kill damage and have it chase you and when you get touched you die.

WITH CHICKEN NUGGET PROJECTILES AWESOME IDEA IM TAKING IT

1 minute ago, Dubbag said:

what you should do is add one chicken to the end of an epic map as a boss and give it like 5000 HP and make it do insta-kill damage and have it chase you and if you get touched you gib.

Player was chocked by a chicken.

Problem is, I'm not the best at Decorate or ZScript, the best I can do is an improved cyberdemon but chicken

4 minutes ago, RetroAkaMe said:

Problem is, I'm not the best at Decorate or ZScript, the best I can do is an improved cyberdemon but chicken

haha still works

cf6fb6d3-5ec9-4f52-8671-d9cd6531cf99_scr

9 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

haha still works

cf6fb6d3-5ec9-4f52-8671-d9cd6531cf99_scr

Chicken arise! Arise chicken! Arise!

3 minutes ago, Smoothandz said:

Chicken arise! Arise chicken! Arise!

I am-sofa king- we todd ed

19 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

I am-sofa king- we todd ed

billy-witch-doctor.gif

Ohohohohho, you say funny thing.

I like to make fun of bad jokewads, and you aren't an exception.

How did you frick up a jokewad? In the first seconds you get greeted by a rude chaingunner in a small room you cannot escape, why?  You get a ssg right from the start and can beat this level in just five seconds if you let me out of the damn starting-pen. There is nothing fun nor funny about this wad in any way imaginable. And punching chicken and pigs isn't very fun either.

And to make this better than that, there is a texture missing if you look behind you. And it's all single textured, it looks like you made this map in 10 minutes. Sad, just sad.

0.5 out of 5 gold nuggets. Only 0.5 because it's technically beatable. At least give two damns about your jokewad.

Or just keep your wads to yourself that you don't want to release like you said. I (and other DW-users) beg you.