Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Widosm

Worst looking texture

7 hours ago, Teo Slayer said:

I remember seeing this texture in some wads. I can't remember in which but I've seen that texture a couple of times

I used it in Zone 400 MAP25 and it also sees occasional usage in the upcoming ADO sequel.

11 hours ago, BetelgeuseSupergiant said:

Fluids flow textures. Why blood is so thick?

BFALL1, BFALL2, BFALL3, BFALL4 ..... In fact I use all (1 to 4), not just 1 like everyone else does. This varies the animation, works well by varying ROCKRED1, 2, 3.

7 hours ago, Okej5722 said:

All of the skin textures.

I actually like the skin textures, it allows E4M1 pastiches!

Personally I find Wolfenstein- and IoS face textures next to useless (although I’ve seen some good uses of Wolfenstein stuff in some wads such as Going Down). There are some flats I find very hard to use anywhere. I sometimes the flat-colored brown brick, and I always back out of it. I’ve rarely even noticed in the OG Doom levels (I think E3M4 has one small room where you can just barely see it without mouselook).

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Kyka said:

nQssTtq.jpg

I like to think of myself as something of a problem solver.

Is this SFW?

1 hour ago, lokbustam257 said:

is this BROWN texture megawad lol?

Heh, you're closer to the truth than you might've thought: somehow BROWN144 became the building block of this mapset during construction. XP

2 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Screenshot_Doom_20210610_225510.png?widt

Oops.

You do realise that Doom has a brown liquid texture to replace that not-very-brown nukage? 

On an unrelated note, I like the vibe of the screenie. It really reminds me of a map that was originally made for tnt: Revilution, but is currently sitting in the tnt2 project.

I’m working on a map that’s predominantly skin and blood and flesh and bone and it makes me very angy how non-vertically-tiling the otherwise brilliant skin and snake textures are. At risk of derailing the thread I’d love it if someone shared a texture pack or…just a texture with properly tiling skin

The Wolfenstein textures of Doom 2. They're only good for Wolfenstein-style levels, as they're in a completely different art style from Doom 2.

5 hours ago, Stupid Bunny said:

I’m working on a map that’s predominantly skin and blood and flesh and bone and it makes me very angy how non-vertically-tiling the otherwise brilliant skin and snake textures are. At risk of derailing the thread I’d love it if someone shared a texture pack or…just a texture with properly tiling skin

NkMWvEi.png  uIRIlnA.png

I had a grand vision of making all of the original non tiling Doom textures into tiling ones. IN the end I did do quite a few, most of which would end up in the original Revilution texture pack. In terms of skin ones, these are the only two that I could find that I did. Making organic textures tile is harder than making, say, lift textures tiling. You are welcome to use them if they are helpful to you.

If you like, send me a list of the textures you want to tile, I will play with a couple, see if I can do something helpful with them. Can't promise I will do all of them but I will see if I can get any good ones. It used to really annoy me as well, that whole non tiling thing. It's almost as if they had to work using far more primitive image software, on far less powerful computers or something. :)

Edited by Kyka

57 minutes ago, Stupid Bunny said:

Go to the "post your Doom texture" thread, ad use the search function to search for "skin" in "This Topic" only. Should give you some interesting results, such as this one perhaps:

It's hard to take a pick as every texture could be used in unique ways that fit, like using a subsection of the texture with proper texture offsets for other things.

But as a whole, I always found the shawn metallic texture too ugly (although it gives the sense of a spaceship silver hull or something at some levels). I realized there is also a red colored version of it which maybe I haven't ever used. Meanwhile, some texture suffer from elements that make them ugly when tiled, like that metallic UAC with the stone bar. I found more flats weird that I definitely haven't used, like the dark one with the diagonal stripes (it's the stripes that break it, it's ok to have a dark version of it without stripes) or the ceiling one I have in screenshot which I guess shouldn't be used in a big area, but don't even know where it's used, maybe tops of doomcute computers? I don't think I ever used those two flats. And maybe never used the red shawn but the others I did.

doom_ugly.jpg.cae9c7540a490766113f47bd137fd2b3.jpg

I don't like BIGDOOR7, simply because the skulls not being centred and the rightmost wood plank not matching colours with the others puts me off from using it. Very petty, I know!

Dem 1-4 aren't shaded properly and it's so jarring to look at. The original texture looked so good, i dont know why they used such a weird looking non shaded version for the flats