Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

2 hours ago, Spawn said:

Variability is good - but only when it has some logic behind it. Having differently looking ammo for the same weapon is illogical. Besides, it's military stuff, as we know, and they love their standards.

Well, I hope, the following reason will sound logical:

The opened ammo/rocket boxes are the ones that were left by previous marines.

A franken that I made a long time ago, I tried to emulate an angel, but I don't know if it really fit very well

Altar base.png

[WIP] I've never worked on sprites before, so these two are my first.

Spoiler

Slight_Improvement.png.06e93cfa67c53cc0aab14e0c598d5131.png

And in-game

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20211010_211154.png.bf19eb0c1901d4899fda7958412297ad.png

Still working on the shading for these two and the functionality of the chain-gun, but after that I plan to do a "re-vamp" of all the classic Doom weapon sprites once I get the hang of it.

Edited by Robo_Cola

7 hours ago, Robo_Cola said:

[WIP] I've never worked on sprites before, so these two are my first.

Hide contents

Shotgun_Chaingun.png.1c89ac56d5e2e4e4a99ae6829a22d456.png

And in-game

Hide contents

Screenshot_Doom_20211009_004816.png.c9a749a261d126273406a848ec7e7e39.png

Still working on the shading for these two and the functionality of the chain-gun, but after that I plan to do a "re-vamp" of all the classic Doom weapon sprites once I get the hang of it.

These are looking good, but try to keep them in Doom palette.

On 4/9/2021 at 1:36 AM, XLightningStormL said:

obcnfK1.png

Love this sprite!  Do you by chance have the hand sprites separate?  I'm working on a pistol too and your hand sprites are very accurate to proper handgun technique.

8 hours ago, Grieferus said:

These are looking good, but try to keep them in Doom palette.

Yes of course, converting them to regular Doom palette in Slade actually makes them look a bit better, what I posted is the raw PNGs.  But again, I'm still working on them to post on here.

2 minutes ago, TommyGalano5 said:

Ocean Astronaut

Screenshot_20211011-044245.png

Screenshot_20211010-204208.png

You did that on mobile? Holy cow

An odd statue discovered in the strangest of places. It's certainly been here awhile judging by the moss and lichen growing on it. Perfectly sculpted without a single flaw or crack, it almost appears lifelike.

Forgotton maiden smol.jpg

Forgotton maiden big.jpg

On 10/9/2021 at 8:38 AM, TommyGalano5 said:

Baratus was so mad at his janky game that he now wields a BOOMSTICK (not stolen from Doomguy) to tell thedevs to fix the DAMN puzzles

20211009_192002.gif

Not only for the fact my Hexen themed freedoom guy sprite sheets have a boomstick like Baratus has

3 hours ago, TommyGalano5 said:

"Do not be afraid I have a message for you, Mortal"

Untitled176_20211017102937.png

OMG an Ophanim! Would you belive me I was JUST thinking about angels in classic Doom and I though an Ophanim or Seraphim would make great monsters in a heaven like level? Really cool sprite, would be creepier if it had the typical eyes across the wheels' edges. Not complaining though!

6 hours ago, ElFrostyzoid said:

Really cool sprite, would be creepier if it had the typical eyes across the wheels' edges. Not complaining though!

Would this suffice?

And this is still W.I.P as this will be accurate (sort of) to the Biblical text albeit with some creative freedom, and sadly I won't work on it's rotations

Screenshot_20211017-191121.png

3 hours ago, TommyGalano5 said:

Would this suffice?

And this is still W.I.P as this will be accurate (sort of) to the Biblical text albeit with some creative freedom, and sadly I won't work on it's rotations

Screenshot_20211017-191121.png

Probably. A subjective thought from me here would be that yellow eyes are often associated with demons, instead choosing a more human colour like brown, green or blue perhaps would be more thematically appropriate although how should I know?

Also sad but understandable, I can see working on rotations for this one would be a nightmare with the rings and wings and even eyes on top of that. Kinda hard.

Doom eternal mancubus 

FATTB1-1.png.004cf2d27a1ad5b44cba8ab2af8944cd.png

I will also create a cyber mancubus and a revenant, an regular mancubus and a revenant with a marauder, there will be a topic with their skins like slayer,mancubus will have weak points.

Edited by Wad overdose

On 10/21/2021 at 9:18 PM, Ganbare-Lucifer said:

unknown.png

Frankenstein_Monster.gif

More of the Frankenstein Monster...

That's a great frankensprite...well, literally! The animation feels out of synch, though -- the left hand should be all the way forward when the right foot plants on the ground, and vice versa.

So in another topic that @RetroRoy created, he's working on some 3D models using Sculptris, so I took a stab at it and made a few Sphere's.

After sculpting them, I brought them in paint shop and touched them up, colored them and what not.

I suppose they can be looked at or even used as hi-res sprites if wanted:

mrinvuln2.png.e99a642ea91a11fb043c0e9787cb3121.pngmrsoulsphere02.png.53505c8b2df980e64e239a83506895a6.pngmrinvisiblity4.png.8463dce8b4592320b5682cc0521036b6.pngmrzerker01.png.b5d5fd635f11f3be984182e666b833b5.png

They don't animate or anything, in fact they don't even have an alpha channel. but if they get used, a float/bob would probably be good enough.

~ I have yet to make a Megasphere.

Edit: 

mr_megasphere2.png.f9283ef42b75f0520ac6624a12fed011.png

Made a Megasphere :P

Edited by Mr.Rocket

Haha, yeah I wasn't sure what I was making there. It kind of looks like a Mr.Potato head or something.

I figured it could be used as a Berserk replacement maybe, although in Zandronum it would be too easily mistaken as a Doomsphere, yeah.