Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

This is Woof! 14.3.0 (Mar 15, 2024)

I believe automap marking is flawed: as far as I've tested on 7.0.0, marks will only be placed at the player's position if Rotate Mode is enabled. It seems like the player's position stops being tracked upon disabling Rotate Mode, since it will then place marks at the player's last position with the feature enabled.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:39 AM, rfomin said:

Thanks for the report, it will be fixed in the next version.

sorry to bring this again, but if one use Freedoom2.wad as an IWAD and loads a pwad that doesn't has any embeded dehacked patch inside and load and external deh patch with the -deh command, the strings are still the ones embeded on Freedoom2.wad.

example of this is alien vendetta.

9 hours ago, P41R47 said:

sorry to bring this again, but if one use Freedoom2.wad as an IWAD and loads a pwad that doesn't has any embeded dehacked patch inside and load and external deh patch with the -deh command, the strings are still the ones embeded on Freedoom2.wad.

example of this is alien vendetta.

We need to change the load order for DEHACKED lumps inside IWADs. For now, you can put AV.DEH to autoload/av.wad folder.

9 hours ago, Alaux said:

I believe automap marking is flawed: as far as I've tested on 7.0.0, marks will only be placed at the player's position if Rotate Mode is enabled. It seems like the player's position stops being tracked upon disabling Rotate Mode, since it will then place marks at the player's last position with the feature enabled.

Never used marks, so not sure how it suppose to work, but I will try to fix it :)

I know that Woof has UMAPINFO support, but besides SIGIL - can anyone name me a wad that uses UMAPINFO? I wanna test some things out.

11 minutes ago, Ar_e_en said:

I know that Woof has UMAPINFO support, but besides SIGIL - can anyone name me a wad that uses UMAPINFO? I wanna test some things out.

Fork in the Road uses most of the UMAPINFO features:

A last question: Is it possible to add the flashing in the automap for key based switch like Crispy Doom?

Hey, I have a problem to play the beta release of Ray Mohawk 2:

DOOM 2: Hell on Earth v2.03
Built on Sep 27 2021
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
V_Init: allocate screens.
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
 adding doom2.wad
 adding mohawk2p.wad

Loading DEH file (WAD)
M_Init: Init miscellaneous info.
R_Init: Init DOOM refresh daemon - [ .......                          ]
R_GenerateLookup: Column 63 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 62 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 61 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 60 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 59 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 58 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 57 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 56 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 55 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 54 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 53 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 52 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 51 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 50 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 49 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 48 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 47 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 46 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 45 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 44 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 43 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 42 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 41 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 40 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 39 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 38 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 37 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 36 is without a patch in texture PS15A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 63 is without a patch in texture PS18A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 62 is without a patch in texture PS18A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 63 is without a patch in texture PS20A0
R_GenerateLookup: Column 62 is without a patch in texture PS20A0[1]    79209 segmentation fault  woof -file mohawk2p.wad

The wad run even on chocolate-doom. Why does this happen on woof?

Another problem, unrelated, is that I have not gotten opl emulation to work on macOS (big sur, intel)

20 minutes ago, toxic.rat said:

R_GenerateLookup: Column 63 is without a patch in texture PS15A0

Those error messages are accurate. PS15A0, PS18A0, and PS20A0 are all defined as 64x64 textures, but they're made from patches (with the same names) that are 36x35 for the former and  62x36 for the latter two.

As for why it doesn't happen on Choco, I believe this is because it's not a fatal error at initialization in vanilla:

for (x=0 ; x<texture->width ; x++)
    {
	if (!patchcount[x])
	{
	    printf ("R_GenerateLookup: column without a patch (%s)\n",
		    texture->name);
	    return;
	}
	// I_Error ("R_GenerateLookup: column without a patch");

See how the call to I_Error() is commented out and instead there's a simple printf()? It's possible this was reset to an abort error at some point in Boom or MBF or even Woof. But it's definitely a problem in the wad itself. The issue with such textures (that have columns without a patch) is that the renderer can crash on them if they need to render one of said patchless columns.

46 minutes ago, toxic.rat said:

Another problem, unrelated, is that I have not gotten opl emulation to work on macOS (big sur, intel)

Does OPL emulation work in Choco/Crispy?

32 minutes ago, rfomin said:

Does OPL emulation work in Choco/Crispy?

Yes, work in both. I dunno if it matters, but both choco/crispy and woof were compiled on my pc, but OPL emulation only works on the first.

Binding screenshot to Print Screen key segfaults on game exit.

$ git bisect bad
564fe3857547528074eecc20a109ee990ed55d78 is the first bad commit

Edited by Catoptromancy

Amazing port, love everything about it and how rapidly it progresses and adapts all the bleeding edge features. Just two things I'd like to see:

a) 'Secret is revealed' message behavior independent from other messages, just so they appear when messages are off but 'secret message' option is on.

b) Gibbing option for SSG/chainsaw. Nugget Doom has it, but would love to see it in the main branch.

Thank you for all the work!

20 hours ago, lisiczka said:

a) 'Secret is revealed' message behavior independent from other messages, just so they appear when messages are off but 'secret message' option is on.

b) Gibbing option for SSG/chainsaw. Nugget Doom has it, but would love to see it in the main branch.

a) I think we can do it

b) The gibbing option has been removed from Crispy Doom due to demo incompatibility. So not sure if this is feasible.

7 hours ago, rfomin said:

b) The gibbing option has been removed from Crispy Doom due to demo incompatibility. So not sure if this is feasible.

Couldn't such a thing just be forcefully disabled during demo play? After all, it's pretty much granted that it'll cause incompatibilities, and not all play involves demo recording anyways.

On 10/15/2021 at 8:52 PM, rfomin said:

a) I think we can do it

Appreciate it. As for demo incompatibilities, that's understandable, but unfortunate nevertheless. Sort of wish source ports could move on from supporting demo recording/playback and leave it to ports mainly developed and used for speedrunning, like dsda, prboom, and whatnot.

Also, forgot to ask, if option to disable infinite height can be expected too?

On 10/14/2021 at 11:49 PM, lisiczka said:

Sure, we can uncouple the "secret revealed" message from the other messages.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:49 PM, lisiczka said:

What is Nugget Doom?

Whatever, once you've gone the long and painful way of restoring 99.9% demo compatibility for three different complevels, you are unlikely to introduce new features which put this effort ad absurdum. So, sorry, but we are not going to add any demo breaking features, even if they can be disabled at runtime. This applies to both fancy gibbs for non-gibbing weapons and infinite heights - which no other port that I know of has ever gotten completely bug-free (Crispy included).

14 minutes ago, fabian said:

Whatever, once you've gone the long and painful way of restoring 99.9% demo compatibility for three different complevels, you are unlikely to introduce new features which put this effort ad absurdum. So, sorry, but we are not going to add any demo breaking features, even if they can be disabled at runtime. This applies to both fancy gibbs for non-gibbing weapons and infinite heights - which no other port that I know of has ever gotten completely bug-free (Crispy included).

Ok, thanks. I'm new to this and pretty much clueless what breaks demo compatibility and what doesn't. I wouldn't like all my efforts go to waste either.

4 hours ago, lisiczka said:

Ok, thanks. I'm new to this and pretty much clueless what breaks demo compatibility and what doesn't. I wouldn't like all my efforts go to waste either.

6 hours ago, fabian said:

This video is pure gold, thanks!

Don't thank me, thank decino :)
Awesome port btw, very good stuff

Greetings. I just downloaded this port to see if this WAD runs in it as someone asked in the release thread and for the most part it went smoothly. However, there's a part in MAP09 where the player must hide from a purple marine shooting at them with a rapid fire BetaSkullAttack dealing 1-8 damage. I noticed it didn't seem to work at all in Woof while it works as intended in DSDA-Doom. I made sure the default complevel was set to MBF21 as well. Is this an oversight?

10 minutes ago, Xyzzy01 said:

Is this an oversight?

Probably. I can't figure out this map, can you please PM me how to get to this purple marine?

BetaSkullAttack wasn't exported to BEX in MBF. Thanks for the report, it will be fixed in the next release.

Thank you for working on this port, I see it still has the compat options menu where I can turn things on or off; I was missing that when trying to play my older WADs that needed it in DSDA-Doom!

7 hours ago, rfomin said:

BetaSkullAttack wasn't exported to BEX in MBF. Thanks for the report, it will be fixed in the next release.

So BetaSkullAttack only ever worked with .deh files?

10 hours ago, Xyzzy01 said:

Thank you for working on this port, I see it still has the compat options menu where I can turn things on or off; I was missing that when trying to play my older WADs that needed it in DSDA-Doom!

If you have a list of wads and the adjustments you needed to make, I would appreciate it. I'd like to make these automatically load with the wads so users don't need to think about it.

Oh, that'd be really cool! It was only a couple WADs now that I think about it:

Spoiler

Confinement.wad 

MAP31: In addition to needing to be run in -cl11 in a -cl9 mapset, it also needs ghost monsters turned on for one encounter... It was my first boom-format map so I'm willing to give my early 2018 self some slack, maybe.

conf256b.wad 

MAP07: Needs the lost soul limit turned on.

MAP12: Needs ghost monsters turned on. Both maps have text screens before them mentioning as much.