Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Telemassacre

I google translated "Big Fucking Gun 9000" into every language and made the according acronym. This is what happened.

1 hour ago, Telemassacre said:

Portugese - GMDA9000

Not sure if I guessed right, but this one is off. At least in PT-BR. The word should be something like GAF9000 (on a literal translation) or AGDP9000 (on a loose translation). I prefer the last one btw, it's more accurate.

EDIT: oohh there's also AFG9000, yea this is the best one I guess

Edited by Noiser

I believe a more accurate way of abbreviating the Japanese name would likely be ビファガ9000, or "BiFaGa9000". Each individual character in Japanese does not represent a letter, but instead one or more syllables - for instance, the name Raijin is composed of four syllables in Japanese (ra - i  - ji - n), and translating the name Smith into Japanese results in it being broken up into three syllables (su - mi - su).

Because of this, Japanese doesn't really employ letter-based abbreviations like we do. Instead, they will often chop off the first couple syllables of every word in the thing's name, then use those to make a shorter name. For instance, Monster Hunter will become MonHun, Mario Kart will become MariKa, etc. Taking the first syllable of every word in the katakana approximation of Big Fucking Gun will give you Bi as in Biggu, Fa as in Fakkingu, and Ga as in Gan. Hence, BiFaGa9000.

Take that with a grain of salt, though. My Japanese knowledge is extrapolated from wiki-editing and machine-translated interviews/articles. Works well for trivia like this, but the moment you ask me to construct an actual sentence, I'm completely in the dark.

10 minutes ago, BetelgeuseSupergiant said:

In Russian, you can say "Большое Финишное Глушило 9000" :D

Тоже вариант, но только для тех, кому кино понравилось

funny info... "SEJ BFG9000" is danish for "awesome BFG9000"

I thought PUTA meant (Whore) or (Bitch)

Big Fing whore 9000/Big Fing Bitch 9000 ....Naaah that don't sound right.

Not saying they don't exist ...My ex was one!

As your local hungarian I'd say it's a bit off. First of all "nagy kibaszott" just sounds unnatural like red big balloon. The order should be "kibaszott nagy". Second "pisztoly" means pistol which is... well just not convey the power. "Lőfegyver" would be firearm, but that's just too long so if it was dependent on me, I'd go with "fegyver" which just means weapon so not specifically for a gun, but that's the most natural imo. So "Kibaszott Nagy Fegyver" or KNF9000. Feel free to chime in.

21 minutes ago, Berzerker said:

In this case, it can also be "Arma Jodidamente Grande" (Which is another translation of Big Fucking Gun), I think it makes a bit more of sense, but "Gran Puta Arma" is good too.

20 minutes ago, ax34 said:

Тоже вариант, но только для тех, кому кино понравилось

Фильм мне хоть и не понравился, но при этом, такой вариант я считаю неплохим :)

3 hours ago, Telemassacre said:

German - GVP9000

Eh, more GVW9000 (Große Verfickte Waffe). That acronym you listed would mean Big Fucking Pistol (Große Verfickte Pistole).  Though it's a bit odd as gun can either mean pistol or weapon in German.

"Gran P**a Arma 9000" XDD

also can be translated to "Gran Jodida Arma (GJA9000) o Gran Arma Jodida (GAJ9000)", and google also translates it to "gran arma de mierda" but i see this translation less accurate, because its like "Big Shitty Gun".

I like the Southern Sotho one (SSSS9000).

EDIT: And the Latin one for hopefully obvious reasons.

Edited by MFG38

Dutch - GN9000? What about Grote Neukende Wapen Negenduizend, or proper pronounciation: Groot Neukend Wapen Negenduizend.

Which honestly sounds like either a massive sex toy, or an apparatus in use with black men exclusively.

2 hours ago, Telemassacre said:
  Hide contents

Malay - SSB9000

I decided to look at it myself and I got a chuckle. Replace "senapang" with "senjata" and it'll work as well.

image.png.2bb4c82e72d73342fcc86a684f4f69f0.png

Hide contents

Portugese - GMDA9000

My father is Portuguese (and me too, same for my mother too) and he says mother fucker in a way that's like "moddafucka" so like it reminded me of:

Grande motherfucker da arma9000

30 minutes ago, Berzerker said:

Big Fing whore 9000/Big Fing Bitch 9000 ....Naaah that don't sound right.

Not saying they don't exist ...My ex was one!

Yep, but gran puta arma would be something that spanish speakers would do more.

We use puta more in a way as english/german ones do with fuck/ficken.

So it is the Big Bitchy Gun^^

1 hour ago, Noiser said:

AGDP9000

Arma Grande Da Porra? Makes sense I guess. Now that I stop to think about it, translating the F is actually pretty hard.

1 hour ago, Berzerker said:

Yes, but in Spanish (and Portuguese) it can be used to emphasize something, like "puta delicioso" -> "fucking delicious"

Just now, Albertoni said:

"puta delicioso" -> "fucking delicious" 

That would be the literal translation, but in Spanish it doesn't sound quite right. It can be like I said here

Spoiler

"Arma Jodidamente Grande"

"Jodidamente delicioso" -> "Fucking delicious"

Now, it may change depending on the country

59 minutes ago, thiccyosh said:

Eh, more GVW9000 (Große Verfickte Waffe). That acronym you listed would mean Big Fucking Pistol (Große Verfickte Pistole).  Though it's a bit odd as gun can either mean pistol or weapon in German.

Would also be possible to make Große verfickte Knarre, as Knarre has a multi purpose similiar to Gun.

大9000

I like this one, it looks like a headless stick man. "9000 decapitated zombies" seems appropriate for the weapon.