Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gore

How fast did you finish E1M1?

It's a well known fact that Doomkid holds the current world record with his 0:06.

6 minutes ago, dmslr said:

It's a well known fact that Doomkid holds the current world record with his 0:06.

That's what she said!

In all honesty, I have never even tried to speedrun any of the Ultimate DOOM maps because I love most of them.

Entryway is a different story. D_RUNNIN makes me evacuate the map quicker than a pothead's bowels after a night of Taco Bell binging.

-32 seconds

Spoiler

Sorry, I couldn't help myself from posting this here =p

4 hours ago, dmslr said:

Man, everyone else was just gonna IGNORE me, too.. I am the current glitchless WR holder indeed:

However, some expert level exploits have extremely reduced the exit ensemble. I have a playlist of god-tier E1M1 speedruns here, and one of the stand-out runs would have to be CRT's:

It's super rare to see DOOM gameplay on this level.

Took me a while the first time all the way back in 1994.

I first "played" doom with a friend (looking over their shoulder and sometimes taking the controls), and when he loaned me his shareware disks I brought it home.  Playing by myself I was so disoriented by the first person perspective that I couldn't find the way out of the first room.  I could go up the stairs and see out the window, but I didn't know how where the door was.

For a few minutes, I thought "I'm Too Young To Die" was meant to be taken literally, in that the first skill was just meant to be a way to show off the engine without running into monsters.  This was further reinforced when I restarted the game as HNTR and of course at that point you're at the good angle to see that the hallway on the right actually goes somewhere (though it's still not the most obvious thing at 320x200).

But then, knowing where the hallway was, I double-checked on ITYTD and then felt very foolish as the hallway was there too.

Oh you kids and your memes. I decided to give it an earnest try.

The traditional route is probably quicker given 4shock's record, but I thought I'd try something a little different. 

5 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Oh you kids and your memes. I decided to give it an earnest try.

Hey! My 100% totally legit -32 second run WAS earnest! Don't you undermine my "capabilities"!

---

Well, I decided to give it an actual try and got 11.46 seconds for UV Speed on complevel 3. Here's the demo: E1M1_UV-Speed.zip

9 minutes ago, Wavy said:

Hey! My 100% totally legit -32 second run WAS earnest! Don't you undermine my "capabilities"!

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and contempt, a flood of accusations born from the poison of envy and smite of disrespect.

13 seconds

I'm not good at speedrunning but I'm fine with that

Spoiler

I used Turbo Mode lmao

Jokes aside, here's me completing the map in 10 seconds

I don't think I'll be able to achieve a 9 though

17 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Please put volume warnings on shit like this. My ears are still ringing a minute later, zero laughs were had :/

Fine, I'll post it.

This was over a year ago and I'm pretty sure I could do better now, but it's not worth it. I remember mindlessly grinding this for over an hour to get this time, and doing that again to improve by a fraction of a second doesn't sound very appealing. The amount of skill and grinding needed to get 8 seconds is ludicrous. Basically, this map sucks to run.