Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

haruko haruhara megathread (favorite CDs)

Just now, Yandere_Doomer said:

will it be chaotic and Laggy like the last one?

nope it was a made by a guy who knew how to code and made things right we should start with alpha and delta becuase thats a beginners invasion mappack through both armageddon and alpha and delta are lag free :)

Just now, Yandere_Doomer said:

thats good.

because Mediocre internet and a low end pc pair like....

like...

they dont pair

well we can start tomorrow or now if you like?

8 hours ago, Yandere_Doomer said:

it probably eats up a lot of Bandwidth and gets the forum cluttered when he posts so much..

I really doubt that, haruko may post a lot, but he doesn't post as many messages and threads as there are added on Doomworld every day by others.

1 hour ago, inkoalawetrust said:

I really doubt that, haruko may post a lot, but he doesn't post as many messages and threads as there are added on Doomworld every day by others.

true

Hey guys has anyone played extreme survival by fiendzy I love the mod but it was made for veterans who are really good at doom according to doomfiend  aka fiendzy but unfortunately I can't have alpha 1 or other alphas I only have alpha 2 and alpha 8 and alpha 9

my site is a bit different then my main haruko's doom site this time i thought to make a wad hosting site using bitbucket as a base so each file you send me will go to bitbucket repo and i will put your files up on my wadhost site now you might be wondering are you ripping off wadhost fathax? well i just don't have good names in mind so this has to do i did not use the word fathax through but read the sites information that tells you whats allowed i will eventually have rules in the future what people can host if a moderator does not like what is hosted there but anyway i only have it plain white because wadhost fathax has a blank page with buttons and text before when the site was a thing its dead sadly but i'm here to bring a new era and make wadhost a at least a better place for new mods and old mods now here is the link to the website.

btw its still in the work in progress so i will get to adding more files soon.

this is now ChaosUnleashed Wadhost was just ripping off the guy who made the website still things are the same skulltag/zandronum/zdoom/gzdoom or wads with zdoom features are only allowed.

https://sites.google.com/view/wadhost/home?authuser=0

Edited by haruko haruhara

1 hour ago, Major Arlene said:

you may want to add a search function, or at least separate pages by starting letter. and punctuation. please.

I will try to fix my spelling but I don't know how to make a search bar in Google sites I may need help with that

i don't have a job or money to make a website like a wad uploading site this wadhosting site you would have to give me your wad and i will upload it for you sorry but i don't know how to do jss or css code

Why are you trying to build something as complicated as a wad hosting site when you by you own admission lack the skills to do that really effectively?

May I make a suggestion - make an index site, not a hosting site. People are more than capable of uploading files to the various file sharing sites about the place. It's not hard. So you uploading them isn't really going to benefit you or them. But if you made a site of curated links to mods, organised by type, perhaps with your own thoughts on the mod if you have played it, then you have a site which won't be redundant, arguably more useful to people, and easier for you to maintain?

1 minute ago, Murdoch said:

Why are you trying to build something as complicated as a wad hosting site when you by you own admission lack the skills to do that really effectively?

May I make a suggestion - make an index site, not a hosting site. People are more than capable of uploading files to the various file sharing sites about the place. It's not hard. So you uploading them isn't really going to benefit you or them. But if you made a site of curated links to mods, organised by type, perhaps with your own thoughts on the mod if you have played it, then you have a site which won't be redundant, arguably more useful to people, and easier for you to maintain?

man i regret not going to wadhost fathax i just wish someone would have made an archive on the archive.org but it did it with best ever.org but not wadhost so i want to remake the site using google sites i don't know how to make a index site i don't know code and i don't want to learn it not right now tho please don't take this as a insult or offense!

Just now, Some1NamedNate said:

There's already a site called wadhosting.com.

well thats part of wad archive or i think so mine is a index site made using google sites it thanks for reminding me through nate!

Just now, maxmanium said:

I mean, we already have /idgames... unless this is for some other purpose I'm not aware of.

This is for skulltag and stuff that doesn't exist anymore or some gzdoom and zandronum or stuff that is not on the idgames yet but I forgot to mention this but I made this for fun.

You can link to my maps here, or to the individual downloads (they are all just pointing at my Github site anyway).

If you want to link to your own WADs, or to WADs that others give you, I suggest you use a github account (its free). Add the WAD files there, and make links from your site to any WAD you put there.

I assume you can edit the source HTML of your site? Just add a link like so:

<a href="https://github.com/harukoharuhara/wads/name-of-wad.wad" title="download map">Map Name Here</a>

[I'm guessing that's actually your github site?]

You will obviously need to create a directory structure to upload the files into... Github is nice - you can drag and drop to upload.

Spoiler

(or if you are more tech savvy, you could use git CLI client)

I strongly suggest that you look at learning some basic HTML - It's really worth it and you can then do some basic stuff to make the site more interesting.

Don't forget, you can also host a website directly from your github site as well - https://pages.github.com/. This is how I manage my smeghammer site.

I am sure many people here can assist you with coding stuff if you ask.

Also, I just tried half a dozen or so of your download links - they re all protected by a bitbucket login. Many people will not want to arbitrarily provide a Google or whatever login just to download a WAD. I strongly suggest that if you want to offer a WAD hosting service, you do not put a login wall in front of the files. - Github public files will not prompt for a login.

Edited by smeghammer

Actually, this doesn't work at all.

-First, I had to sign with my google account.

-Next, I had to create another account.

-After that, it asked me some questions.

-Then, I had to go back to your website.

-Click on the link again

-Sign back in

-"You do not have access"

20211028_162124.jpg

20211028_162416.jpg

20211028_161248.jpg

20211028_161930.jpg

8 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

-"You do not have access"

@haruko haruhara, are the files uploaded to a private account by any chance?

As I said above, we can probably help you do this if you want some assistance with how this all works...

guys thank you for the notice i did not know this i'm so new to bitbucket becuase everyone starts somewhere and make mistakes is there anyway i can make my repo on bitbucket not private by any chance?

Go to the repository and click Settings, then Repository (under 'Permissions'). Check Enable (under 'Public Access') to allow users without a Bitbucket account to clone and browse the repository.