Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alaux

Amogus.pk3 V2.1 [Jan 30th, '22] (Enemy Replacement Mod)

8 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Oh, God!

Yes, i can't believe it.
THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING!!!

Thanks guys, for this!
Gonna play the heck out of it ;)

Now, I know what you’re all thinking:

“Jfc, not this shit again”

But hear me out; I played this mod a tiny bit this evening w/ DAKKA and Rapidfire 2, like for the first 5 maps (some here may call it a… Sussy Dakka 😁). As show in the picture above, it looks ridiculous, but I can vouch that it’s a genuinely fun mod to play. The enemies are replaced w/ more hard hitting, aggressive crewmates that are out for blood. Their projectiles are faster, their behaviors are wild and more unpredictable, but it was an absolute joy to play these past 3 hours. It looks low effort, but it’s really not with all the care put into this mod to make it fun and also doubling as silly w/ its humour.

Now I know some of you hate amogus, you can take this mod as some weird catharsis to take out your frustration on how annoying the memes got. But take my word for it, this is some good fun to play on your journey of dooming.

2 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Yes, i can't believe it.
THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING!!!

Thanks guys, for this!
Gonna play the heck out of it ;)

Heh, Glad you liked it. We were afraid it wouldnt go far. :P

In all seriousness, nice work. There's nothing wrong with making a mod based on a popular franchise, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You could create a Amogus FNaF Fortnite mod and it will still be appreciated by the people here. A good mod is a good mod!

played a tiny tiny bit of the mod. the cyberdemon (the troll amogus) i think needs a buff. i know this mod is satire but i think an improvement on the cyberdemon gameplay would be good. it takes him too long to fire his trollface which gives you too much time to start strafing around so that his trollface will miss. i say make it so the troll faces fires quicker and i think this would improve the gameplay of the mod a bit

57 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

played a tiny tiny bit of the mod. the cyberdemon (the troll amogus) i think needs a buff. i know this mod is satire but i think an improvement on the cyberdemon gameplay would be good. it takes him too long to fire his trollface which gives you too much time to start strafing around so that his trollface will miss. i say make it so the troll faces fires quicker and i think this would improve the gameplay of the mod a bit

A thought that has been lingering in our heads from the beginning. I'll get on it. Thanks!

The mod has been updated to V1.1

The download link in the OP has been updated to host the file in a different Drive account. Download the new version from said link.

You may now check the version number displayed in the bottom-left corner of the TITLEPIC to verify that you've acquired the latest version.

Changes:

Spoiler

- Added a spawn fog effect for Dark Blue Baby.
- Doubled the duration for Grey Imposter's pre-attack (aiming) frame; from 6 to 12 tics.
- Increased scale for White Imposter's Susguy frames.
- Added an Archvile attack for White Imposter.
- Added extra particles for White Imposter's revival animation.
- Buffed Red Imposter's attack.

The mod has been updated, again, to V1.2 - Refer to the download link in the OP to acquire the latest version.

A fairly small update; the only changes being that the Green, Blue and Dark Blue Imposter's projectiles have been updated with improved graphics, at @Korp's demand.

23 minutes ago, Zeal said:

The mod Crashes with Smooth Weapons for some reason. It works with other weapon mods, though. Is there any specific reason for that?

I performed some quick testing myself, on GZDoom 4.7.0 with the following parameters:

gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file perk_enhanced.pk3 Amogus.pk3

and

gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file Amogus.pk3 perk_enhanced.pk3

I did not get any crashes. Then again, as I said, it was a very quick test through Doom 2's MAP01.

Could you please specify the source port that you're using, and the conditions that trigger the crash? Does it abort at startup?

14 hours ago, Alaux said:

I performed some quick testing myself, on GZDoom 4.7.0 with the following parameters:

gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file perk_enhanced.pk3 Amogus.pk3

and

gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file Amogus.pk3 perk_enhanced.pk3

I did not get any crashes. Then again, as I said, it was a very quick test through Doom 2's MAP01.

Could you please specify the source port that you're using, and the conditions that trigger the crash? Does it abort at startup?

I ran many tests with my mods and i came to the coclusion that, for some reason, Smooth Weapons only crashes when using WadSmoosh in conjuction with Amogus.pk3. It outputed this error:

Log.png.3366024187a47e05f720d395b8b42889.png

52 minutes ago, Zeal said:

I ran many tests with my mods and i came to the coclusion that, for some reason, Smooth Weapons only crashes when using WadSmoosh in conjuction with Amogus.pk3.

At first glance, it seems like "Doom Full" is messing with the ZScript event handler for Smooth Weapons; possibly also for Amogus.pk3 (there is an event handler in it too), but since it already has to bomb out due to Smooth Weapons breaking, GZ doesn't even try to load our mod, hence not showing any errors.

I would perform more testing, but WadSmoosh seems a bit shady and the truth is I'm afraid of running it, and I assume the IWAD output can't be freely distributed.

@Zeal: If you want, send me a PM and we can keep discussing this and try to find a solution; I'd rather not flood this thread and chances are I'd have to ask many questions.

This, right here, is Going Down MAP26.

Loved it.

One suggestion: Commander Keen as a Fortegreen crewmate.

Also for some reason the archvile explosion doesn't stay at where the fire is, maybe a bug or intentional

On 11/23/2021 at 4:35 PM, Vladguy said:

Also for some reason the archvile explosion doesn't stay at where the fire is, maybe a bug or intentional

Have you confirmed this? Perhaps you're assuming that the blast doesn't track the fire because the damage is less than usual, which is expected: the White Imposter's AV attack was intentionally coded to be slightly weaker.

After much longer than should've been necessary...

The mod has been updated to V2.0 - Refer to the download link in the OP to acquire the latest version.

As demanded by some, all Imposters now have Pain animations and can fight each other! However, a new difficulty setting has been implemented to maintain the Amogus V1.X gameplay, i.e. no Pain animations nor infighting, for those who want the challenge.

On top of that, a new foe to face: the WhatsApp Imposter, sometimes spawning in place of the Brown Imposter (the common Pinky replacement).

The rest of changes, not as relevant:

Spoiler

- Tweaked the Cyan Imposter's attack.
- Tweaked the Mass value for some Imposters.
- Tweaked the Speed and FastSpeed values for most projectiles.
- Tweaked some projectile effects.
- Changed the Red Imposter's death animation.
- Purple Imposter now screams "AMOGUS" when performing melee.
- Replaced tabs with spaces throughout the code.

Holy shit, this is amazing 10/10. Also they feel really satisfying to hit.

Edited by NikkoDikko

The mod has been updated to V2.1 - Refer to the download link in the OP to acquire the latest version.

This update features, for the most part, "balancing" and a few fixes. Oh, and we've heard your requests regarding Romero's head...

Detailed changelog:

Spoiler

- Tweaked the White, Cyan and Red Imposters' attack.
- Gave BOSS and BOSSDEATH flags to Cyan and Red Imposters, and 
  MISSILEMORE just to the latter.
- Reduced the Red Imposter's Pain Chance, replaced its melee 
  attack with the missile attack.
- The Ramm Imposter now calls A_BossDeath upon death.
- Replaced Revenant and Red Imposter SFX with high quality ones.
- Replaced White Imposter's "Aim" SFX.
- Added unique "See" SFX for bosses (White, Cyan, Red and Ramm 
  Imposters).
- Replaced BossBrain (Romero's head).

Edited by Alaux : Mod updated to 2.0 again? That's not right