Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrbnBased

Delta Touch on Android

@beloko as of now, the provided solutions (specifically vid_vsync 0) seem to have gotten rid of the lag problem I was facing with gzdoom and lzdoom. Hell I went so far as to clearing all my cell phones cache data, giving it restart to see if the frame rate trouble I was having was gone or not and it is solved. Unfortunately can't say the same for zandronum (both 3.0 and 3.1) as those vsync commands didn't work for it. In fact I always felt that zandronum always ran a bit too slow for the most parts I used it. Any solution for that? 

By the way, thanks for your help apologies if all of this caused you any inconvenience. 😁😁😁

Glad that fixed it for Gzdoom, not sure why that is happening. Possible Zandronum has the same issue but the vsync command isn't working, need to check.

Getting quite alot of freezes with gz 4.6 dev. Game will be playing fine and then freezes up and after a moment or two crashes back to the app main menu where you choose which game to load. This is playing sigil. Trying to use vulkan but I'm not sure it's working cos each time I load the game after restarting Opel GL is selected. I'm running at my device native resolution 1440x3168 with the resolution bar thingy at 50% and scaling factor at 0.50 so I can actually read the menu text. My phone has a Snapdragon 865 (OnePlus 8 pro)

(In Android 10) Setting 'Multisample' from 'Options / Display Options / OpenGL Renderer' to 2x or higher "should" fix the fps drops for LzDoom or GzDoom where i'm playing some IWADs, in Hexen's first level, when facing the "default" spawn point (the one with 2 enemies and a door with 2 glass in it) the fps drops and freezing for 5 secs and such, although when i'm facing backwards or somewhere besides the castle, the fps drops is gone.

i don't know if Android 11 will share the same issue, but on my phone (which is Samsung A10s updated to Android 11), the problem is gone and i can turn off the 'Multisample' settings now. Maybe there's something to do with the updated 'OpenGL ES' in Android 10 and 11?...

Edited by Proxmin

On 8/19/2021 at 11:01 AM, HTiD said:

Getting quite alot of freezes with gz 4.6 dev. Game will be playing fine and then freezes up and after a moment or two crashes back to the app main menu where you choose which game to load. This is playing sigil. Trying to use vulkan but I'm not sure it's working cos each time I load the game after restarting Opel GL is selected. I'm running at my device native resolution 1440x3168 with the resolution bar thingy at 50% and scaling factor at 0.50 so I can actually read the menu text. My phone has a Snapdragon 865 (OnePlus 8 pro)

Vulcan is not enabled in the app, I found it much slower than Opengl on mobile. Which GLES version are you running, 3.2 or 3.0? 

18 hours ago, beloko said:

Vulcan is not enabled in the app, I found it much slower than Opengl on mobile. Which GLES version are you running, 3.2 or 3.0? 

18 hours ago, beloko said:

3.0 seems much better, I hadn't noticed the option of that one before

Hey beloko, just had a quick question, what does mapped gl buffers do for gzdev 4.6 {gles 3.0}? What does it effect and what are its advantages and disadvantages? 

11 hours ago, ali said:

Hey beloko, just had a quick question, what does mapped gl buffers do for gzdev 4.6 {gles 3.0}? What does it effect and what are its advantages and disadvantages? 

It changes the way some of the render data is handled. It might change performance up or down but will look the same.

Are thre any plans on updating PRBoom+ up to DSDADoom? I'd really like those MBF21 and rewind features without the performance impact of GZD, and I'm sure many would appreciate them as well.

Hi, @beloko.  Delta Touch is an awesome app!  Any chance of us getting some sort of server browser for playing multiplayer on Zandronum?  I know we have the in-game browser, but this feature only works when you have all the WADS loaded.  I'm not sure if you've joined Zandronum games, but the servers are constantly changing WADS, which makes joining games extremely difficult.  I used the favorites in Delta Touch, but the same issue applies: the wads always changing, not to mention the server IP itself changes often.  It would be awesome to have some way for Delta Touch to automatically download the needed WADS (like Doomseeker) and launch the games after.  

Edited by bfready

On 9/2/2021 at 4:57 AM, Sinael said:

Are thre any plans on updating PRBoom+ up to DSDADoom? I'd really like those MBF21 and rewind features without the performance impact of GZD, and I'm sure many would appreciate them as well.

I could have a look.. Does that port purely add these new features? Will people who are not interested in the demo stuff be negatively affected do you think, or it will behave the same?

13 hours ago, bfready said:

Hi, @beloko.  Delta Touch is an awesome app!  Any chance of us getting some sort of server browser for playing multiplayer on Zandronum?  I know we have the in-game browser, but this feature only works when you have all the WADS loaded.  I'm not sure if you've joined Zandronum games, but the servers are constantly changing WADS, which makes joining games extremely difficult.  I used the favorites in Delta Touch, but the same issue applies: the wads always changing, not to mention the server IP itself changes often.  It would be awesome to have some way for Delta Touch to automatically download the needed WADS (like Doomseeker) and launch the games after.  

Yes I've been meaning to add this but haven't had time. I started one here: https://github.com/emileb/ZandronumBrowser

It reads and displays the servers from the master server but needs a load of work to get the UI up and interfaced to the app. I'll try and make some time to take a look again.

8 hours ago, beloko said:

Yes I've been meaning to add this but haven't had time. I started one here: https://github.com/emileb/ZandronumBrowser

It reads and displays the servers from the master server but needs a load of work to get the UI up and interfaced to the app. I'll try and make some time to take a look again.

Hi, Beloko.  Appreciate the response.  That's great to hear!  

On 9/6/2021 at 12:28 PM, beloko said:

I could have a look.. Does that port purely add these new features? Will people who are not interested in the demo stuff be negatively affected do you think, or it will behave the same?

It's a direct continuation fork of PRBoom+, so to people who are not interested in the new features it would be completely identical in all regards.

However MBF21 and DeHExtra it supports greately expand what can be done within DeHackEd format, stuff like ability to add much more new actors and frames, new actor flags, new codepointers and ability to alter more of the previously hardcoded things and so on. 

There are new mods and maps in the work that use them.

New update runs really well with gz 4.7. I don't really use the others to comment about those. I was just playing a bit of Doom 2, Brutal with texture packs and stuff added, heavy action scenes in The Crusher & Dead Simple and my phone handled it like a boss with no lags etc. I was really into it with the combat shotgun shooting stuff till it gibbed and exploded corpses and stuff like a semi truck going into a pallet of tomato ketchup. Glorious 

@Beloko

Hi there, I'm a long time user of Delta Touch and I love it, but I need help to fix a problem.

Some time ago my phone got the Android 11 update and the app works perfectly as always, save for Doom3. For some reason, Doom 3 now takes literally 4 minutes to load a savegame, when before my phone update it was about 2-3 seconds. I have no power saving features enabled whatsoever and changing graphic settings had no effect. What could be causing this?

19 hours ago, Z.Franz said:

@Beloko

Hi there, I'm a long time user of Delta Touch and I love it, but I need help to fix a problem.

Some time ago my phone got the Android 11 update and the app works perfectly as always, save for Doom3. For some reason, Doom 3 now takes literally 4 minutes to load a savegame, when before my phone update it was about 2-3 seconds. I have no power saving features enabled whatsoever and changing graphic settings had no effect. What could be causing this?

It is due to Google stupid 'Scoped Storage' enforcement on Android 11. All access to files outside of the apps data storage location go through a shit load of code and IPC calls which has made opening files, or accessing the file system insanely slow (can be over 100ms to list a directory).

Go to the apps 'Files' settings and enable 'Scoped storage' mode at the top right, then select your old "/OpenTouch/Delta" folder using the instructions shown in the app. I have put is LOTS of caching of the filesystem and cache and reuse file descriptors so it brings the speed back up, it won't as fast as before but will be a lot quicker than it is now.

Edited by beloko

There's something that I'm kind of confused with. After successfully loading DOOM 3 onto Delta-Touch on my phone, I...encountered a major problem: I couldn't find any button that would access the Console. I'm not sure if I need a keyboard to access the Console, but is there a way to access it without any keyboards??

Edited by IRON_BLADE

10 hours ago, IRON_BLADE said:

There's something that I'm kind of confused with. After successfully loading DOOM 3 onto Delta-Touch on my phone, I...encountered a major problem: I couldn't find any button that would access the Console. I'm not sure if I need a keyboard to access the Console, but is there a way to access it without any keyboards??

There are two ways to show the console:

1. Add the console button to touch screen buttons at the top, it is hidden my default. See the built-in tutorial about enabling hidden buttons (Press the green help icon to see tutorials)

2. Bring up the keyboard and hold down the 'Q' button (This is like pressing the tilde key on a keyboard)

Wondering if anyone had success with running Doom CE with Delta Touch. I dropped IWAD and IPK3 files into Delta directory, and can see them and even run them, but if I add try to load any of the Base pk3's GZDoom would just quit after showing black screen for a few seconds. Tried both GLES 3.0 and 3.2 with user shaders on and off, but that has not made any difference...

On 11/29/2021 at 7:34 PM, ludicrous_peridot said:

Wondering if anyone had success with running Doom CE with Delta Touch. I dropped IWAD and IPK3 files into Delta directory, and can see them and even run them, but if I add try to load any of the Base pk3's GZDoom would just quit after showing black screen for a few seconds. Tried both GLES 3.0 and 3.2 with user shaders on and off, but that has not made any difference...

I don't have an Android phone so I've never tried it, but in theory it should work. The mod relies heavily on autoloading so all you should need to run is the IPK3. If you can run something similar to this command it should be good:

gzdoom.exe -iwad doom64.ce.ipk3

The rest of pk3s and doom64.iwad should be in a location that delta touch is able to find files from. In gzdoom it would be a directory configured in [IWADSearch.Directories] and [FileSearch.Directories] inside gzdoom.ini. If delta touch doesn't have something like that, you can always place them in the same directory as where gzdoom.pk3 (or similar) is.

If you still get a black screen after that, maybe there's a way to capture the logs, that would give some insights.

I've checked the logs and the only error I can see is Unknown cvar gl_render_precise. The log ends with +TITLEMAP Main Menu. I only see gray screen for a moment then GZDoom quits.

I launch with -iwad DOOM64.CE.ipk3 and moved the files over so that the following autoload: DOOM64.IWAD, DOOM64.CE.ipk3, DOOM64.CE.Base.pk3, DOOM64.CE.Maps.LostLevels.pk3.

I wonder if @beloko could help. As DoomCE now has a forum thread on Doomworld, linking that for reference: 

On 12/11/2021 at 8:38 PM, ludicrous_peridot said:

I've checked the logs and the only error I can see is Unknown cvar gl_render_precise. The log ends with +TITLEMAP Main Menu. I only see gray screen for a moment then GZDoom quits.

I launch with -iwad DOOM64.CE.ipk3 and moved the files over so that the following autoload: DOOM64.IWAD, DOOM64.CE.ipk3, DOOM64.CE.Base.pk3, DOOM64.CE.Maps.LostLevels.pk3.

I wonder if @beloko could help. As DoomCE now has a forum thread on Doomworld, linking that for reference: 

OK I got it working, I bought Doom 64 and ran the doom64-install.bat file to generate the files.

Then copy DOOM64.CE.ipk3 and DOOM64.IWAD to the 'Delta' folder

Then copy the other PK3 files to 'Delta/mods/D64/'

Then select the PK3 in the correct order ( I got the order from running on the PC and looking at the console. Should be like this:

image.png.e8f6da063aeb990bc19f8fc9abbee692.png

image.png.1a1e843d60981bd2f678ea991043fc28.png

Then select the IPK3 file to launch, should look something like this:

image.png.fee30dec1fb14055fa7f0f3377cc67b5.png

image.png.4b695f9443e2ac12a586ef9283191635.png

Is there a good quick and easy way to start a two player co-op game within gzdoom or even Zandronum if need be? I'm having a lot of issues, likely because I'm trying to host from Delta Touch and join with a Mac. Zandronum is kind of iffy on Mac, it might be my ineptitude, but I don't think that it works properly. If there's a way to host from GZDoom within Delta, and have GZDoom on Mac join. Can't seem to get it to work, I want to get my girlfriend in to Doom basically. 

Delta Touch is seriously incredible by the way. I switched to Android after using IOS since the second iPhone just for Quad, Raze and especially Delta. Its insane being able to run these source ports with mods on a mobile device. On a snapdragon 865, I can run most mods at the highest resolution possible with zero issues. Only insanely taxing stuff like wolfenstein BOA can't run and even then, it's probably possible with tweaking. Side note, anyone ever try running Delta through Dex? I dont have a way to test it, but I'm always curious of if it runs just as well full screen on a monitor with mouse and keys. 

3 hours ago, beloko said:

OK I got it working

Thanks @beloko. I've exactly that minus the .Addon pk3-s (which should be optional, and are not required to run the mod on PC) and got the same result. Could it be that my phone is just too old for this mod? I am not getting issues like this with Doom 64 Retribution.

49 minutes ago, ludicrous_peridot said:

Thanks @beloko. I've exactly that minus the .Addon pk3-s (which should be optional, and are not required to run the mod on PC) and got the same result. Could it be that my phone is just too old for this mod? I am not getting issues like this with Doom 64 Retribution.

What device do you have? It might be running out of RAM, but the textures don't look that huge.

How does it fail when you try and run it?