Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tin Can

Another Generic Tech Base

I love it! Awesome music. I did rewind a bunch trying to make the first archvile infight then at the final fight too.

The first fight with the imps and former humans was very satisfying to mow down with the SSG.

There's a door (5:39 in the video) that only opens once, but I might have made a mistake somewhere.

Don't get yourself down, a 'proper map' is any map that works, is playable and is not a joke map.  This looks like it ticks all those boxes.

Nice stuff!

Good map

But I did fin one major but easy to fix issue : the switch to exit the yellow key room is single use only and the door will close down after some time, let's say a player (ie me) decided to check for secrets after using the switch.. well you end up stuck in the room forever.

Instead of 29 S1 Door open wait close, use 63 SR Door open wait close, making the action repeatable, or 103 S1 Door open stay making the door stay open.

On 10/31/2021 at 8:28 PM, DuckReconMajor said:

I love it! Awesome music. I did rewind a bunch trying to make the first archvile infight then at the final fight too.

The first fight with the imps and former humans was very satisfying to mow down with the SSG.

There's a door (5:39 in the video) that only opens once, but I might have made a mistake somewhere.

Oof! My bad. Sorry. I will fix it. But thank you for playing! ^_^

23 hours ago, Gibbon said:

Don't get yourself down, a 'proper map' is any map that works, is playable and is not a joke map.  This looks like it ticks all those boxes.

Nice stuff!

Thanks! ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

13 hours ago, Delisk said:

Good map

But I did fin one major but easy to fix issue : the switch to exit the yellow key room is single use only and the door will close down after some time, let's say a player (ie me) decided to check for secrets after using the switch.. well you end up stuck in the room forever.

Instead of 29 S1 Door open wait close, use 63 SR Door open wait close, making the action repeatable, or 103 S1 Door open stay making the door stay open.

Thank you! Will fix it in no time. ^_^

3 hours ago, Clippy said:

Sweet tough little map full of great fun surprises - ya got me a whole bunch of times - @Biodegradable joined in for the fun!

Thank you for playing. It means a lot. (◕ᴗ◕✿)

By the way, is there anyway I can replace the file on the archive or should i just re-upload it?  I have fixed the big issues with the map but I don't know how to update the file on the archive. Any help would be much appriciated!

Awesome map... until I got stuck in the yellow key room. ☹️

Beat it second try.... 😎

Edited by princetontiger

The visual detail is very nice, this looks like a lot of fun. I'll give it a go tomorrow, and I'd love to give you some feedback.

Already mentioned above but the switch for the exit door in the yellow key room is single use meaning you can get stuck in there. Otherwise it was a fun romp. I especially enjoyed the outside red key area.

I got what I expected:

A tight, short techbase, with some setpieces, an eye for minor details and a neat difficulty curve.

Bonus points for non-linear design.

Good enemy placement & loved the use of textures in the outside are. Like mentioned before the door locks. But overall great level.