Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CBM

Booked - A GZDoom-compatible CP where we do things by a preselected map title

just a reminder...

link to rampart uploader for the booked tc: https://booked.teamouse.net/upload.php

if anybody is missing a pin for their map slot(s) then let me know and I will try to send you a PM with the pin(s)

finally...... i have a video of resurrecting lucifer... now youtube doesnt want long videos so I had to be quick (the map has a bit to many monsters and a few misaligned textures but is otherwise a fun slaughter map) :

currently working on map11, gonna have a lot of crucial choices, kinda goin for that going down office type area with hell areas mixed in.

4 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

I'm currently thinking about what I should do for "Bone Ward".

demon prison type level?

12 hours ago, egap98 said:

demon prison type level?

Biowar did something like that for its MAP13. I might base Bone Ward on that map.

It will even use the same music track as that map. Robot Hell will also use a Biowar track, that being the MAP02 theme.

13 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

Bone Ward is going smoothly. Besides Biowar MAP13 I'm also using E2M5: Command Center as an inspiration.

I can't wait to see what you come up with! :-)

Death Bear had to quit this project mainly due to not having enough time,

so I have taken over his slot.

If it becomes nessecery to extend the deadline then let me know.

I uploaded Map 21: Nordic Island to the Rampart interface! The map is finished, but I'm sure playtesting will reveal a lot of things that need further thought or work!

1 hour ago, evil_scientist said:

I uploaded Map 21: Nordic Island to the Rampart interface! The map is finished, but I'm sure playtesting will reveal a lot of things that need further thought or work!

cool! I will try it soon!

1 hour ago, evil_scientist said:

I'll definitely need to make it harder :) the monster count is pretty low right now.

I just tried it and I like it, I don't think it really needs more monsters though :)

I found the secret entrace but many other places I was puzzled as to how to continue. Maybe you could add more hints on the map? :D

31 minutes ago, CBM said:

I just tried it and I like it, I don't think it really needs more monsters though :)

I found the secret entrace but many other places I was puzzled as to how to continue. Maybe you could add more hints on the map? :D

Ok I'll think about it!

Can you name specific places where you got stuck?

I assume one might be the 

Spoiler

bookshelf switch?

43 minutes ago, evil_scientist said:

Ok I'll think about it!

Can you name specific places where you got stuck?

I assume one might be the 

Hide contents

bookshelf switch?

every place except the first door that had arrows on it :-)

Okay, so I finally made a start on my map. Rough idea is a temple with red fog that hurts the player and prevents progression in a select few areas (the "plague" part of the map title) - the objective would be to find and destroy a bunch of altars that, when destroyed, clear out parts of the fog and ultimately unlock the exit. Gonna have to experiment a tiny bit and see how I'm going to implement the concept, but hopefully I'll find some way of making it work. If you don't see my submission by the end of November the year, you can vacate my slot, but I'll see to it that I do end up delivering.

Edited by MFG38

36 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

Okay, so I finally made a start on my map. Rough idea is a temple with red fog that hurts the player and prevents progression in a select few areas (the "plague" part of the map title) - the objective would be to find and destroy a bunch of altars that, when destroyed, clear out parts of the fog and ultimately unlock the exit. Gonna have to experiment a tiny bit and see how I'm going to implement the concept, but hopefully I'll find some way of making it work. If you don't see my submission by the end of November, you can vacate my slot, but I'll see to it that I do end up delivering.

sounds good, but if you need more time then its not a problem since I have extended the deadline due to the vast amount of rampart map slots that are yet to recieve a map

47 minutes ago, RileyXY1 said:

Bone Ward is fully completed. I'm still working on Robot Hell ATM.

cool!

One of the centerpieces of Bone Ward is a massive room with a Cyberdemon and a crusher, and you can crush the Cyberdemon to death. There's also two Mancubi in a jail cell you can use to whittle down the Cyberdemon's health.

7 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

One of the centerpieces of Bone Ward is a massive room with a Cyberdemon and a crusher, and you can crush the Cyberdemon to death. There's also two Mancubi in a jail cell you can use to whittle down the Cyberdemon's health.

I look forward to playing it

UPDATE

only 12 maps have been submitted...

We are missing RAMPART map submissions from the following people:

@NeedHealth

MAP 02 - Spirit Mines [slot given to NeedHealth]

@plankguy_89

MAP 05 - Imp Barons [slot given to Plank_Guy_89]

MAP 19 - The Lost Lair [slot given to Plank_Guy_89]

@PBeGood4

MAP 07 - Romero's Church [slot given to pbegood4]

@Weird Sandwich

MAP 08 - UAC Platform of Motorphobia [slot given to Weird Sandwich]

@SynDoom

MAP 09 - Feared Space Pyramid [slot given to SynDoom]

@minichibisart

MAP 10 - Flesh Flayed [slot given to miniscibisart]

@MFG38

MAP 12 - Plague Alter [slot given to MFG38]

@ʞnifeworld

MAP 14 - Electrified Bleeding [slot given to ʞnifeworld]

I can't seem to get the system to highlight his username?

@Engired

MAP 20 - Every Haunting Of The Cyberdemon [slot given to Engired]

MAP 32 - The Question Of Hearing [slot given to Engired]

@RedBoule

MAP 22 - Space Caverns [slot given to RedBoule]

@Astro X

MAP 23 - Anubis Silos [slot given to Astro X]

@Bobby “lolmcswagger”

MAP 24 - The Wasted Imp [slot given to Bobby "lolmcswagger"]

@SilverMiner

MAP 25 - Dead City [slot given to SilverMiner and special dispensation to use DOOM or ZDOOM format]

@Bob is Zack

MAP 26 - Carmack's Powerplant [slot given to Bob is Zack]

@RileyXY1

MAP 28 - Robot Hell [slot given to RileyXY1]

@Shibainumaster

MAP 29 - Void of Cacodemons [slot given to shibainumaster]
MAP 30 - Secret UAC Operation [slot given to shibainumaster]

@lokbustam257

MAP 31 - The Unknown Volcano [slot given to lokbustam257]

I decided that I will close for new map submissions on december 20 2021... after that I will take whatever maps that are left and rearrange them to fit however many map slots that they can - after that, the rest of the time limit will be for map changes and fixes and whatnot

Edited by CBM

Hmm, I got plenty of time. This last section is giving me some trouble, still figuring out how I want to execute it but I'll make it work

1 minute ago, SynDoom said:

Hmm, I got plenty of time. This last section is giving me some trouble, still figuring out how I want to execute it but I'll make it work

sounds good, and I know you have a map since it was posted to this thread, it just needs to be posted to the rampart uploader as well... let me know if you need the pin code and I will send you a PM with it

I forgot to mention it, but I'm also creating a custom MIDI arrangement for it! It will be an arrangement of Burning Water, from Mega Man X7: 

18 minutes ago, PBeGood4 said:

Ive already started making my map (07), but it will still take a while

sounds good

MIDI is finished, will likely finish designing a few days into December!

2 hours ago, SynDoom said:

MIDI is finished, will likely finish designing a few days into December!

cool