Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazygecko

Quake Remastered

On 10/15/2021 at 1:49 PM, dustarma said:

I don't know what version Quake Ex

Pretty sure vanilla demos will do. I believe you can record them with QuakeSpasm, although I haven't bothered to try.

I’m most of the way through Dissolution of Eternity, and the “alternate fire” modes for the weapons really makes the lack of models for the expansion weapons painfully obvious. Does anyone know of a mod that updates the expansion weapons with the same/similar upgraded models for the base weapons?

9 hours ago, Faceman2000 said:

I’m most of the way through Dissolution of Eternity, and the “alternate fire” modes for the weapons really makes the lack of models for the expansion weapons painfully obvious. Does anyone know of a mod that updates the expansion weapons with the same/similar upgraded models for the base weapons?

Here:

I also made one for SoA's proximity mine launcher:

I'm not sure if it's my PC or something the recent update did, but I'm now seeing these texture filtering artifacts on the GUI whenever I have texture smoothing enabled while using the Vulkan API. The GUI normally doesn't get filtered from what I remembered even with texture smoothing was enabled in-game, then again I mainly use the DirectX 11 API with this game.

Quake_remastered_Vulkan_Filtering_Artifacts.png.c453713b6c3456a740290538b04ccd92.png

4 hours ago, AmethystViper said:

I'm not sure if it's my PC or something the recent update did, but I'm now seeing these texture filtering artifacts on the GUI whenever I have texture smoothing enabled while using the Vulkan API. The GUI normally doesn't get filtered from what I remembered even with texture smoothing was enabled in-game, then again I mainly use the DirectX 11 API with this game.

This was an issue since launch with the Vulkan even without texture filtering.

A temporary solution that worked for me was by restarting the renderer by going into Display>Open Video Settings...>"Apply Settings". However you'll need to do this every time you launch it.

Edited by Wavy

4 hours ago, AmethystViper said:

then again I mainly use the DirectX 11 API with this game.

Just an FYI, we don't support DX11 for this title. This will needed to be verified in Vulkan.

3 minutes ago, Wavy said:

This was an issue since launch even without texture filtering.

Are you running DX11 or Vulkan?

1 minute ago, Edward850 said:

Are you running DX11 or Vulkan?

Oh. I'm running Vulkan.

29 minutes ago, Wavy said:

Oh. I'm running Vulkan.

Well that's rather unusual then. We don't seem to be able to reproduce this issue. How sure are you that you're running Vulkan? The window title will tell you what API is in use.

6 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Well that's rather unusual then. We don't seem to be able to reproduce this issue. How sure are you that you're running Vulkan? The window title will tell you what API is in use.

Well:

eh..PNG.4fc049ae07fee1c1d67790cf8a15e7a0.PNG

The window title just said "Quake- Version Date: Sep 24th 2021" and nothing else.

8 minutes ago, Wavy said:

The window title just said "Quake- Version Date: Sep 24th 2021" and nothing else.

The window title absolutely says more than that:

image.png.08cb2fa9621d8a39705256d7af62c990.png

Need to know what it says in the brackets after the date.

1 minute ago, Edward850 said:

The window title absolutely says more than that:

image.png.08cb2fa9621d8a39705256d7af62c990.png

Not for me for some reason:

eeeh.PNG.e87733e2b084f424202c67048a49e9e1.PNG

That's quite odd and may be indicative of other problems unrelated to us. However, the console itself may gleem some insight. Take a screenshot of what you see before "Running game session":

image.png.72379d14847b41439697d27dde27c760.png

29 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

That's quite odd and may be indicative of other problems unrelated to us. However, the console itself may gleem some insight. Take a screenshot of what you see before "Running game session":

Here:

eeeeeeeeeh.PNG.6f3d1f9bce3020b70897621aed09cdba.PNG

Huh, odd. Well it is vulkan, but oddly somehow you are using an entirely different presentation mode, as well as the window title not being updated at all. I'm really not sure what's going on there. And I still can't reproduce your issue at all. I think something might be interfering with the application.

3 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Huh, odd. Well it is vulkan, but oddly somehow you are using an entirely different presentation mode, as well as the window title not being updated at all. I'm really not sure what's going on there.

Could the presentation mode be due to me running on a laptop (an Acer Nitro 5 specifically)?

I don't know much about Vulkan, so excuse me if this is a silly question.

1 hour ago, Edward850 said:

Huh, odd. Well it is vulkan, but oddly somehow you are using an entirely different presentation mode, as well as the window title not being updated at all. I'm really not sure what's going on there. And I still can't reproduce your issue at all. I think something might be interfering with the application.

For what it's worth, the Vulkan doesn't show up in my Steam version either if I don't start it in Windowed mode. If I start in fullscreen and switch to Windowed, it just says Quake- Version Date: Sep 24 2021. However if I switch to windowed view and restart the game, it does say Quake- Version Date: Sep 24 2021 (Vulkan). But if I switch to fullscreen, and go back to windowed mode, it just says Quake- Version Date: Sep 24 2021, no brackets after that. The console still indicates Vulkan, but there's nothing in the window pane to indicate that.

Can't say what it would be, but Wavy isn't alone. I don't have any graphical issues with it, just wanted to point out that the window pane doesn't seem to work as far as displaying the rendering mode when switching between windowed and fullscreen. I did notice Wavy was using an Nvidia GTX 1650 TI, and I'm using a GTX 1660 TI, so maybe it's an issue with the series. Again, I've had no issues with the graphics like Wavy has, but maybe the window pane just doesn't play nice with the 1600 series.

And I'm running it on a desktop PC, Windows 10. 

I have a feeling it might be related to which display mode the game was launched in. Here's the title bar on my end when I launched initially in exclusive fullscreen mode then switched to windowed mode:

Quake_x64_steam-2021_11_03_12-16-30.png.a3a5acbe56635b144a421ac40c697a80.png

Then here it is when I launch the game with just windowed mode:

Quake_x64_steam-2021_11_03_12-17-01.png.063aeef44095ee630bea5f3191563928.png

And here's another screenshot to prove it was running in Vulkan (even used the +r_rhirenderfamily "vulkan" parameter to ensure it was running in Vulkan):

Quake_x64_steam-2021_11_03_12-17-38.png.4f39589b47e10717353ff5928c74698c.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention this issue also happens when switch in and out of exclusive fullscreen with Vulkan.

Quake_x64_steam-2021_11_03_12-14-11.png.3441d905d28326e8bf93cb8e0e20800a.png

Edited by AmethystViper : Including another piece of info.

Just chiming in to say that I randomly get the blurry HUD bug too, even though texture filtering is off. It goes away on its own when the game is closed and started later. It seems somehow after enough time or a reboot since playing the game last, the issue may come back for one launch. I cannot consistently reproduce it either, it occurs randomly on game start.

On 11/4/2021 at 5:25 AM, AmethystViper said:

EDIT: Forgot to mention this issue also happens when switch in and out of exclusive fullscreen with Vulkan.

Quake_x64_steam-2021_11_03_12-14-11.png.3441d905d28326e8bf93cb8e0e20800a.png

That's 100% a driver error. We can't do anything once the device is reported lost.

A new major update is out on all platforms.

Long story short:

• Horde Mode, with four new maps by the MachineGames Crew!
  • New community add-on: An updated version of Honey by CZG! Also, you can play add-ons offline now
  • Crosshair customization
  • The usual array of bug fixes
  • Unlockable skins for Doom Eternal and Quake Champions if you log into Bethesda.net
  • also it's on epic game store now if that's a thing you want

4 minutes ago, Kinsie said:
  • The usual array of bug fixes

I just logged onto Steam, and Quake updated. I wonder what bugs got fixed this time.

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't read apparently lol.

2 minutes ago, hfc2x said:

I just logged onto Steam, and Quake updated. I wonder what bugs got fixed this time.

Some of the craziest hardest-to-debug shit we've ever seen happen in our games so far >_>

Question, can PC users add custom crosshairs? Like say if I want a T shape one would I be able to add it?

Oh freak yeah! Can’t wait to try this new update out!

Between Horde mode, Honey, DoPa, and DoMa, it seems MachineGames is working overtime providing the new custom content haha. DoMa blew me away so I’m excited to see what Honey’s like.

I've been eager to play this for a while now and got tired of waiting for the GOG update, so I purchased this on Steam when it was on sale a few days ago.

I'm very impressed by just how good this version looks. This is exactly how I would want an "Enhanced Edition" of Quake to look. The static lighting and shadows are fantastic, and I really like the enhanced models. I can't believe I'm saying this, but this actually looks slightly better than running Quake on Quakespasm. Can't yet comment on mod compatibility though.

Having Honey as a featured add-on is nice to see, as it's a fantastic mini-campaign with a brilliant ending that every Quake fan should play.

The multiplayer seems very well implemented as well. Jumping into games is effortless and fast. I can't help but wonder why nobody is bunny hopping though? I'd love to see CTF included here. That's really the only thing I can ask for at this point.

Excellent work, Night Dive. I'll check out the new episode later on tonight.

I'm looking forward to Honey and the new PvE mode! I do want to point that despite the new update mentioning that add-ons can be played offline, sadly the add-ons themselves still have to be "activated" first while connected to Bethesda.net before they can be played offline. Kind of annoying to do this first despite having them downloaded already but I guess it's a start. Also, is it just me or does the Quake 64 add-on not play the Aubrey Hodges soundtrack anymore?

3 minutes ago, AmethystViper said:

Also, is it just me or does the Quake 64 add-on not play the Aubrey Hodges soundtrack anymore?

Playing on Switch right now, and Q64 music does play for me. No idea on PC, though.