Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Player T

I'm at it again but really I need help with this.

Alright then, but the last thing I need to figure out is how would I keep sprites in one frame for a certain amount of time or completely frozen? 

What I did once was this, it's a part of a longer script, so I just took out the part important for you.. It starts with actor(tag 4) dormant:

Thing_Activate(4);                 <--- at this point the actor is activated
    SetActorState(4, "Missile");    <--- at the same time the actor switches to this state
    SetActorAngle(4, 0.75);         <--- and turns to this angle
    Delay(95);                            <--- this is a delay of about 2.5 seconds where the actor does something
    Thing_Deactivate(4);             <--- after that the actor is deactivated again, freezing in whatever position it was

EDIT: a video of the scene I used the above for, so you can see it...

Edited by Rifleman

Oaky, I played around with it for a little bit, and I was able to get it working, but I couldn't figure out how to keep the actor on one specific sprite. 

I'm trying to get the Marine to aim his gun and nothing else. when I tested the map he would shoot and walk around for a second before deactivating. Here are some screenshots  

SLADE 10_26_2021 11_52_30 AM.png

Script Editor 10_26_2021 11_52_46 AM.png

That's because you kept the 95 tics delay from my example for some reason. So, if the Missile state starts with the desired sprite, just deactivate it right there. And if not, then I guess you could just have the delay just long enough to stop it at a later sprite. Alternatively, you could add a new state to the actor, with the sprites you like. Check the links I posted earlier about actor control, you can do a lot of stuff with those - like stop the actor or turn it in the direction you want...

Thank you, I got it to work by giving changing the tick number to anything below 9. And FINALLY, we are done! I've learned how to do Doom animation, so I guess I should tell you what I've been working on. You'll have to give me a little bit of time so I can write a document for you. But other than that, thank you. 

EDIT: Do you care about Spoilers? If you do, I won't include any spoilers in the document. 

You can even omit the delay completely, since the frame you want is first in the state.

And what a journey it was, glad I could help you learn it. From now on it's about practice and experimentation :) I don't mind spoilers, so if you wanna show what you've made, go ahead.