Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chipper35

You know what's funny....?!

Somebody should be able to make a TC of All Hell Breaks Loose that doesn't cause a nervous breakdown just getting it to load!! The install instructions made me CRAZY!!

At one moment, its referencing the directory: allhell/dhe/patches and the next moment its referencing allhell/dehacked/patches.............which is it?!

Honestly: I don't care..........   Life is TOO SHORT...................

On 12/19/2020 at 6:10 PM, Chipper35 said:

Somebody should be able to make a TC of All Hell Breaks Loose that doesn't cause a nervous breakdown just getting it to load!! The install instructions made me CRAZY!!

At one moment, its referencing the directory: allhell/dhe/patches and the next moment its referencing allhell/dehacked/patches.............which is it?!

Can you not just drop the .ZIP file onto a GZDoom shortcut? That seems to work fine for me:

Screenshot_Doom_20201221_123203.jpg.39aff2a4a536493f27ec6ffc0def718f.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20201221_123437.jpg.5e9785d46b3610a825b6b0ce9145e52d.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20201221_123356.jpg.7ab23f1200a8edd131e9be53f02e9746.jpg

On 12/21/2020 at 6:42 AM, smeghammer said:

Can you not just drop the .ZIP file onto a GZDoom shortcut? That seems to work fine for me:

Well...........I should give that method a go!!

On 12/19/2020 at 12:10 PM, Chipper35 said:

Slade3 makes this easier. I couldn't for the life of me figure out the All Hell install process. So I just took all the lumps and combined them into one wad. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Sidenote, why are there so many old wads that separate lumps / patches into like 2 or more wads? It's such a pain.

1 hour ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Sidenote, why are there so many old wads that separate lumps / patches into like 2 or more wads? It's such a pain.

USB Storage drivers are things of nowdays.
Same with 1gb of internet speed or more.

In the good old days, we geezers, shared our files and wads on floppy disks.
And they only had a storage capacity of 1.44 MB if i remember right.
Thats why lots of old mapsets had the music, graphics and maps separated, so they were easy to store on multiple floppy disks.
It was a pain in the ass, but the experience just made you feel like a total hacker, downloading unknown data from around the world and sharing it with the masses.

Look at this film if you want to know how different things were in the 90's, and at the same time, how we dreamed the future would be.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackers_(film)

Nothing more different than reality itself in the end

1 hour ago, P41R47 said:

USB Storage drivers are things of nowdays.
Same with 1gb of internet speed or more.

In the good old days, we geezers, shared our files and wads on floppy disks.
And they only had a storage capacity of 1.44 MB if i remember right.
Thats why lots of old mapsets had the music, graphics and maps separated, so they were easy to store on multiple floppy disks.
It was a pain in the ass, but the experience just made you feel like a total hacker, downloading unknown data from around the world and sharing it with the masses.

Look at this film if you want to know how different things were in the 90's, and at the same time, how we dreamed the future would be.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackers_(film)

Nothing more different than reality itself in the end

I knew it would be something obvious like that! I don't know why I hadn't thought of that. I had no experience with computers back then, so that never crossed my mind.

Thanks for the clarification.

When a chaingunner corners a cacodemon. Oh, poor tomato!

So if you love pasta, the chaingunners in Plutonia are a staple to this tomato demolition, destroying those poor unsuspecting Cacodemons. Blinkin' tomatoes!