Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da_maniaC

Slaughterwads - Anything we've missed?

Fractured worlds

Haste

Enigmatic (Shameless self promotion) Will be easier than almost everything on the list.

Lightpath

Everything by Ribbiks although they are more puzzle oriented in some cases.

Also, have you really gone through every Timothy Brown map? If so, that’s fairly impressive.

Hi, thanks for the recopilation... ;-) !!

My first map is a slaughterwad, and although there are certain areas with many enemies it is not the typical small map with all the enemies together like NUTS2 this is a very large map (with only 5000 enemies :-D ) !

It is prepared to play in coop i've played it last week with 2 friends.

If you want to give it a try, here it is.

https://hakros.itch.io/hakros-complex

Edited by hakros

18 hours ago, Jacek Bourne said:

Fractured worlds

Haste

Enigmatic (Shameless self promotion) Will be easier than almost everything on the list.

Lightpath

Also, have you really gone through every Timothy Brown map? If so, that’s fairly impressive.

15 hours ago, hakros said:

[... Hakros Complex...]

Thanks! I will check out new additions and add them to the OP.

Is there a listing of all those Timothy Brown maps? Doesnt really ring a bell for me (sorry).

7 hours ago, Da_maniaC said:

Thanks! I will check out new additions and add them to the OP.

Is there a listing of all those Timothy Brown maps? Doesnt really ring a bell for me (sorry).

Well, don't expect my map to be so cool as the other maps, but I think it may be enjoyable... ;-) !

Down The Drain may count as slaughter-ish for some players.
The maps are really good, even for being under vanilla limitations.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:51 PM, hakros said:

Hi, thanks for the recopilation... ;-) !!

Hakros Complex

https://hakros.itch.io/hakros-complex

This map could be quite a puzzle at times, but it definitely gets slaughterish the more you progress. I must admit i got a little bit lost at times..did not like the 'labyrinth' that much (but then again, i'm really not one for complicated puzzles). Playthrough with a weapons mod, took me around 2h:45m.

I liked some of the ways that areas were connected, the way the different areas were announced and the hub/mainframe was also cool. 😊

For a single map it gives you good value! 😋

On 10/28/2021 at 9:59 PM, P41R47 said:

Down The Drain may count as slaughter-ish for some players.
The maps are really good, even for being under vanilla limitations.

I played about 4 maps of this wad and skipped through almost all of the others to check out if this would get 'slaughterish'. 
But to stay in Vanilla terms, this megawad isnt even close to other Boom compatible wads like Hell Revealed or so.

Thanks for the input though, but in my honest opinion this could not even pass for 'slaughter-lite'. 😊

Edited by Da_maniaC

1 hour ago, Da_maniaC said:

Boom compatible wads like Hell Revealed

both Hell Revealed are vanilla compatible.

Not Boom.

Yep, thats why i say it may count as slaugter-ish for some players.
As it was made by the same mapper of Toilest of the Gods, and since much of the gameplay in there is found also on this vanilla mapset, well, i thought it would be appropiate to call this slaughter, too.
I was corrected twice by now about it nature, but i can't still find much difference.
:/

2 hours ago, Da_maniaC said:

This map could be quite a puzzle at times, but it definitely gets slaughterish the more you progress. I must admit i got a little bit lost at times..did not like the 'labyrinth that much (but then again, im really not one for complicated puzzles. Playthrough with a weapons mod, took me around 2h:45m.

I liked some of the ways that areas were connected, the way the different areas were announced and the hub/mainframe was also cool. 😊

For a single map it gives you good value! 😋

Hi again, thanks so much for playing it. I'm glad you liked it :-D !!

11 hours ago, P41R47 said:

both Hell Revealed are vanilla compatible.

Not Boom.

Yep, thats why i say it may count as slaugter-ish for some players.
As it was made by the same mapper of Toilest of the Gods, and since much of the gameplay in there is found also on this vanilla mapset, well, i thought it would be appropiate to call this slaughter, too.
I was corrected twice by now about it nature, but i can't still find much difference.
:/

Thats what i meant to say. My bad.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:41 PM, Jacek Bourne said:

Fractured worlds

Haste

Lightpath

Checking out these at the moment (sorry it took a while hehe).
The first 2 are definitely micro/puzzle slaughter (dare i say 'hard' maps instead of 'slaughter').

Urban Slaughter (2010): I like this one for it's simplicity. You're thrown in a relatively small city map where you must fight several waves of monsters. You can even call Marine reinforcements with a radio. Most of you ammo comes from your fellow dead Marines. Urban Slaughter has a few custom weapons and works in Coop too: 

Edited by CrocMagnum : It's Urban Slaughter not Urban Assault (Apology).

17 hours ago, Da_maniaC said:

Checking out these at the moment (sorry it took a while hehe).
The first 2 are definitely micro/puzzle slaughter (dare i say 'hard' maps instead of 'slaughter').

Slaughter is a subjective term in doom so there is no real definition. There are different types of slaughtermaps however and that would certainly be a category of them.

I made a umapinfo example test wad (to test my implementation on for ReBOOM).  I guess it can be defined as a 'slaughter' map..  not a very good one though :D

Just a heads-up that Fractured Worlds is getting full multiplayer support for final release, so might want to hold off before playing it if you haven't already :)

On 11/13/2021 at 8:07 PM, BetelgeuseSupergiant said:

It seems like this is the only one that was not named here from those that i know

No its in there... 😉 (more on the bottom of the list)

On 11/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, CrocMagnum said:

Urban Slaughter (2010): I like this one for it's simplicity. You're thrown in a relatively small city map where you must fight several waves of monsters. You can even call Marine reinforcements with a radio. Most of you ammo comes from your fellow dead Marines. Urban Slaughter has a few custom weapons and works in Coop too: 

Download link isnt working for me, for some reason...

Alpha-Major

I made this map as a spiritual successor to Dimensions Map03, so if you liked Dimensions Map03 you may wanna see a bigger and golder version of it. Was made for single player, don't think coop is possible.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:27 PM, KineticBeverage said:

Alpha-Major

I made this map as a spiritual successor to Dimensions Map03, so if you liked Dimensions Map03 you may wanna see a bigger and golder version of it. Was made for single player, don't think coop is possible.

Cool, will check it out!

Fruit Salad (6 Maps): great introduction to the slaughter genre. Direct link: 

https://www.doomworld.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=45031 

Phmlspd: https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/Phmlspd  

SlaughterMAX: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/smax  

Slaughter Until Death (by The Innocent Crew): https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/s-u/sudtic  

Stardate 20X6: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/stardate  

The Evil Unleashed (also by The Innocent Crew): https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/s-u/teutic

Edited by CrocMagnum

28 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

These are not slaughter.

Noted. I've edited my post. 

To my defense before posting this I skimmed through my wad collection and took some notes. Those 2 wads were in my slaughter folder for some reason. I wrongly put "Slaughter Until Death" there probably because it has the word "Slaughter" in it.^^ For Evil Unleashed probably because it was made by the same authors who did Slaughter Until Death. 

My mistake anyway, apology. ^^

Damn you beat Sunder playing co-op with someone? How do you guys remain cordial through attempt #396556. Like Romeo and Juliet would have broken up halfway through Sunder.

13 minutes ago, Kute said:

Damn you beat Sunder playing co-op with someone? How do you guys remain cordial through attempt #396556. Like Romeo and Juliet would have broken up halfway through Sunder.

I’m doing all the new maps with saves except for midsaves if you’d like to watch. It’s on my YouTube channel although only 15 is up right now. 
Arby’s has also done all of sunder with saves.

23 hours ago, Kute said:

To be fair, we just love the 'against all odds' feeling when there are ~5000 demons coming at you. Nothing beats that thrill... 😊

And having that said, a lot of the later levels in Sunder contain a lot of arenas where monsters just keep dripfeeding in (which is what i really hate personally). I just like it when its quiet for 1 second and all of a sudden 4 hallways (or monster closets) open up with hundreds of demons pouring in at once.

But to keep things "playable" and not take 4 hours to beat a single map we do use weapons mods usually.
There's just something about beating endless hordes of demons to unwind after a long week of hard work. 😈

And there's no other (multiplayer) game that even comes remotely close or pulls off having so much demons/actors on screen at the same time and still have a good gaming experience.

Edited by Da_maniaC