Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hawk of The Crystals

How Do Ya Like Your Coffee?

I drink mine black. The milk and sugar in latte-based drinks is a bit much for me. 

Unfortunately a lot of people don't realize that coffee can (and should) be enjoyable on its own. We've been conditioned into thinking that stale and badly brewed coffee is just what coffee is supposed to taste like, and the insufferable pretentiousness of coffee culture turns people away from finding out how delicious coffee can really be.

I prefer a light roast for the bigger caffeine kick it gives over dark and medium roasts. That said, I can't take it black. I need sweetener and creamer. My current chemicals of choice are three (3) packs of Equal Plus (includes vitamin B12 and more caffeine) and a scoop of Coffee*Mate creamer.

If I'm buying *$$$ coffee, I'll go for a cappuccino and apply the same chemical treatment. Either that, or I'll go for a frappuccino and eat the calories for once.

Used to be a generous cream and sugar kinda guy, but in recent years I took an interest in cutting back the calories in stuff and switched to no cream and just a hint of sweetener, ended up developing a taste for that as well. I still maintain the heresy of going decaf a lot of the time though, just due to too much caffeine messing me up instead of helping.

Black. Dark roast. (Light roast is good too, I really don't have a strong preference.) Preferably from a French Press, if available.

Sometimes I'll add some cream. Almost never sugar, though.

I don't like drinking coffee but love the smell of many. I guess it can be like an aroma relaxation? Anyway I recently bought some Misha Coffee for my family, they all love coffee.

It is the most expensive and exotic coffee in the world. The price of Misha coffee is $ 1,400.00 per kilo, and it is processed in the highlands of the Peruvian Amazon in South America, by the coatis (Nasua nasua).

Spoiler

RvGh6YE.jpg

I take my coffee with half and half, or whole milk, or black. But when possible, with cinnamon added. Spice coffee from Dune. 

4 minutes ago, Sergeant G said:

But when possible, with cinnamon added.

Ooh, that sounds really good actually. Have never tried that!

5 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Ooh, that sounds really good actually. Have never tried that!

This stuff has the cinnamon already infused.

20211114_174019.jpg

I like my coffee non-existent. Cannot stand the stuff. I find the smell revolting. The closest I ever came to actually drinking one was a chocolate kind of one and it was only because a cute German girl was insisting I try it.

black and strong, as i need time to wake up and huge amounts of caffeine to notice anything. 

i might experiment with milk, cream and whatever, but mostly just the natural taste of coffee.

I've always preferred it strong and black, and I usually have two cups in the morning. However lately I've been putting a smallish amount of heavy whipping cream in the first cup, just because it adds some protein and vitamins, along with all the fat.

It doesn't taste as good as black coffee, but the added nutrients help. Particularly if I don't really have time for breakfast.

First cup should be strong and black.  Second cup might be too.  Subsequent cups may get cream splashed in them because too much black coffee in a day gets old.  Sugar or sweet creamer in coffee = ew never ever

Actually I've been mostly on decaf for the last several months, I find the placebo effect comes into play nicely here (though yes I'm aware decaf coffee does contain some quantity of caffeine)

11 hours ago, Sergeant G said:

Spice coffee from Dune. 

I will have this if I'm looking to extend life and expand consciousness first thing in the morning, that spice addiction hits hard tho

19 hours ago, BrassKnight said:

I like coffee creamy and a bit sweet with some sugar, I've brewed them a few times too. I also like to buy this sachet of coffee sometimes:

131d01269c376d6635addbfebb7ca56e

It's sweet but not too sugary and it's has nice creamy touch to it, pretty cheap and tastes good. I don't like black coffee, a bit too bitter for my tongue.

Wait, they also sell Kopiko outside Indonesia?

Ice coffee all the way, baby. I've been drinking it that way since I was seven years old. Sometimes, if I'm out at a cafe, I'll have either a latte or a cappucino, but ice is the main way I have it all the time.

47 minutes ago, lokbustam257 said:

Wait, they also sell Kopiko outside Indonesia?

Yeah, we have it here in the Philippines. From what I know, it's sold all over Southeast Asia.

Mint-Chocolate flavoured coffee grounds, oat milk and agave syrup. Instant coffee if I make ice coffee. Salmiakkikossu is nice in ice coffee for some flavour.

relevant SMBC

Black, but the weaker/lighter the roast the better. If it's particularly strong coffee i'll put hot water in it

Once or twice a year i'll put a hazelnut creamer in it. Or do an "office mocha" putting a packet of Swiss Miss into a cup

Any way. I love it all.

If I have to drink something like Foldgers, though, I'd prefer it not black. Cheap black coffee tastes awful

To quote one geek comic of the 00s (the name of which I can't remember anymore), I like my coffee cerenkov blue.

But seriously, being a finn, I do drink a lot of coffee, perhaps too much. When I'm home or buying from some coffee shop, I usually have filtered coffee with milk. At my workplace I take my coffee black, because I don't think the milk in the coffee machine is real, but some sort of substitute.

Never ever do I take my coffee with sugar, despite being a sugar addict.

I usually just have it just black and not super hot. Hate when places make their coffee hot enough to give you a 3rd degree burn.

If i'm having it along with some food i add some sugar sometimes, or get a latte with no sugar. The only thing i really hate in my coffee is cinnamon i think.

Black and usually cold because I always leave it on my desk for like half an hour before I remember that I made coffee.

A dark roast, as hot as possible without burning my mouth,  with not too much sugar and cream. I will say that they don't really improve low-quality coffee at all, which is why I have a few sips black before putting any in. I only put enough cream in to change the color to a dark brown because I don't really like lots of cream. Maybe some sugarm but again, that doesn't really help bad coffee like Folgers.