Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guardian

Demons in Nuclear Plant?

First off, if I'm posting this in the wrong Forum I do apologize.

Anyway, I'm writing a rather odd, short tale concerning DOOM, and I can't remember whether there were any Demons/Pinkies in the second level of the first Episode, Nuclear Plant. I vaguely remember maybe there being one or two maybe on the Ultra-Violence mode, but I'd like to be as accurate as possible. And yeah, if I could find my DOOM hintbook (yeah, we should still have it after all these years . . .), I wouldn't be asking. So please don't hurwt me. *ducks bricks and other thrown objects if needed*

Thanks very much for your help.

Not in the PC version, the first one is in E1M3. But in the PSX version at least there is one just passed the red door in Ultra Violence IIRC.

dude, why didn't u just jump on there and play it, it'd have taken alot less time lol... actually in e1m2, in the secret passages that the backpack and chainsaw are in, there's a pinky in there somewhere, i think around where u grab the backpack

The_Aeromaster said:

dude, why didn't u just jump on there and play it, it'd have taken alot less time lol... actually in e1m2, in the secret passages that the backpack and chainsaw are in, there's a pinky in there somewhere, i think around where u grab the backpack

The backpack is near the start, and there are no Hellspawn in it. The chainsaw is on the high lift Dee-Lee and is lowered with the switch to the left of it. There are no Demons/Spectres in E1M2, only Former Humans, Former Sargents, Imps, Barrels, and other Doomers. :D

Try read "5years of doom", doomworld have here. The author say himself, there is no demons in e1m2. :)
I dunno what the reason for that was, maybe to not make it too hard from start.

Here's a complete list of all things in E1M2 - No Demon!

[1] Player 1 Start: 1x
[2] Player 2 Start: 1x
[3] Player 3 Start: 1x
[4] Player 4 Start: 1x
[8] Backpack: 2x
[9] Sergeant: 8x
[10] Guts and Bones: 9x
[11] DEATHMATCH Start: 10x
[12] Guts and Bones #2: 3x
[13] Red Keycard: 1x
[15] Dead Player: 8x
[24] Pool Of Blood: 5x
[48] Technical Column: 2x
[2001] Shotgun: 1x
[2002] Chaingun: 1x
[2003] Rocket Launcher: 1x
[2005] Chainsaw: 1x
[2007] Ammo Clip: 12x
[2008] Shells: 13x
[2011] Stim Pack: 6x
[2012] MediKit: 11x
[2013] Supercharge: 1x
[2014] Health Bonus: 21x
[2015] Armor Bonus: 20x
[2018] Armor: 3x
[2019] MegaArmor: 1x
[2028] Lamp: 1x
[2035] Barrel: 24x
[2046] Box of Rockets: 4x
[2048] Box of Ammo: 14x
[2049] Box of Shells: 3x
[3001] Imp: 18x
[3004] Trooper: 54x

Imp said:

You sir, have to much free time.

To even think I might have done this manually... ;-) :-D

Graf Zahl said:

To even think I might have done this manually... ;-) :-D

Did you use that new program that was in /newstuff last week? I haven't even unzipped that yet.. o_O

pritch said:

Did you use that new program that was in /newstuff last week? I haven't even unzipped that yet.. o_O

No, something I wrote myself some time ago.

Little Faith said:

I found it more odd that E2M2 seems completely devoid of former human type monsters.

And I thought it was just me! Very odd that such a place wouldn't even have dead marines in it o_O

"dude, why didn't u just jump on there and play it . . ." --
Aeromaster

I would have tried that as well, but unfortunately the versions of the game I have here at my home are far too obsolete to run properly on the computers I have here. As for the Windows versions I've seen released, we never saw fit to pruchase them. *shrugs* And it looks like the hintbook I referred to earlier has disappeared into Limbo -- or maybe Dis, dunno.

Guardian said:

"dude, why didn't u just jump on there and play it . . ." --
Aeromaster

I would have tried that as well, but unfortunately the versions of the game I have here at my home are far too obsolete to run properly on the computers I have here. As for the Windows versions I've seen released, we never saw fit to pruchase them. *shrugs* And it looks like the hintbook I referred to earlier has disappeared into Limbo -- or maybe Dis, dunno.

Good Lord above man if you have an old copy of the wad you can get an update patch and a source port and you're away! And you can quote people by pressing Quote as well! :)

pritch said:

GIVE ME A LINK! I WANT THAT PROGRAM!

pritch: Really now? This is definitely something worth investigating further! Many thanks!

I wonder what my dad would think if he were able to play regular DOOM on one of his speedy machines again . . . Heh-heh.

Raziel said:

GIVE ME A LINK! I WANT THAT PROGRAM!

just go back to the week before lasts newstuff on the old news thing. Be prepared, ws.exe is pretty much a DOS-only program.

Guardian: http://zdoom.notgod.com/lars - get latest .cab and start smiling.

I emailed you the program, go nuts.

EDIT: Or, at least I would be if Hotmail wasn't a FUCKING RETARD. Hold on...

pritch said:

I emailed you the program, go nuts.

EDIT: Or, at least I would be if Hotmail wasn't a FUCKING RETARD. Hold on...

E-mailed it to me yet?