• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazygecko

GTA The Trilogy/Definitive Edition

3 hours ago, Cacodemon345 said:

DOUBLE INSANE STUNT BONUS $840

Rotation: 4718°

$5.61 per rotation? They didn't even take the time to adjust for inflation and increased cost of living!

6 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

DOUBLE INSANE STUNT BONUS $840

Rotation: 4718°

$5.61 per rotation? They didn't even take the time to adjust for inflation and increased cost of living!

It's set in like 1991, why would they?

At this point I'm wondering if all these weird physics mishaps are the results of the physics being tied to FPS, which you know, should not be something any sensible game developer do in 2021?

It was understandable to do that back then because the framerate was locked to a certain value and therefore nothing bad or wildly unpredictable could happen, but allowing players to play at uncapped FPS feel like it'd be a recipe for disaster for these games.

And by that I mean everyone should play at uncapped FPS. 

Just now, Dark Pulse said:

It's set in like 1991, why would they?

Oh. I thought since they added a helicopter that can go underwater upside down that they moved the plot to 2089 or something.

8 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Oh. I thought since they added a helicopter that can go underwater upside down that they moved the plot to 2089 or something.

Not enough three-breasted prostitutes for that, sorry.

10 minutes ago, PsychEyeball said:

At this point I'm wondering if all these weird physics mishaps are the results of the physics being tied to FPS, which you know, should not be something any sensible game developer do in 2021?

It was understandable to do that back then because the framerate was locked to a certain value and therefore nothing bad or wildly unpredictable could happen, but allowing players to play at uncapped FPS feel like it'd be a recipe for disaster for these games.

And by that I mean everyone should play at uncapped FPS. 

It's definitely an FPS problem, the games physics work fine at 30fps, but they get all weird above that.

These vehicle bugs remind me of some demos I've recorded in Stunts where the car hits a barrier and then goes flying straight up into the air 5000 feet, Blues Brothers style, before very slowly dropping to the ground.  The difference being that Stunts was made in 1990.  And that Stunts is awesome.

This sounds even worst than all the remakes no one asked that get pumped through the Hollywood machine every single year.

5 hours ago, Eddie 2077 said:

It's definitely an FPS problem, the games physics work fine at 30fps, but they get all weird above that.

Should be fine on switch then right? :D

12 minutes ago, Antroid said:

Should be fine on switch then right? :D

I have no clue how well it would perform on Switch, but I suppose it would be if the games were locked to 30fps on there.

8 minutes ago, Eddie 2077 said:

I have no clue how well it would perform on Switch, but I suppose it would be if the games were locked to 30fps on there.

I'm pretty sure that was the joke.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:18 AM, lazygecko said:

https://imgur.com/Um05OXQ

How this even manages to happen is completely beyond me.

not trying to defend this crap of course, but (especially with fixed point, floating point should be more stable I'm confused here) continually doing multiplications to an orientation matrix can slightly distort it, and since the orientation matrix controls both the object's orientation and scale, it's understandable why it starts distorting.

Now, let's start asking the questions... Descent had this problem (made worse by the use of fixed point arithmetic), but before any public release occurred, the devs implemented a simple solution which recomputes the matrix on a moving object to ensure it's not distorted. Pretty easy to do, strictly speaking a little expensive but nothing unmanageable. I'm told this bug existed in the original, so I'm surprised it existed back then, but in the process of being ported to UE4, apparently had absolutely no changes made to it to improve it. Honestly, I'm not even sure why the effects are so pronounced, it feels like it should be so much more subtle. Maybe I'm missing something.

17 hours ago, SaladBadger said:

not trying to defend this crap of course, but (especially with fixed point, floating point should be more stable I'm confused here) continually doing multiplications to an orientation matrix can slightly distort it, and since the orientation matrix controls both the object's orientation and scale, it's understandable why it starts distorting.

Now, let's start asking the questions... Descent had this problem (made worse by the use of fixed point arithmetic), but before any public release occurred, the devs implemented a simple solution which recomputes the matrix on a moving object to ensure it's not distorted. Pretty easy to do, strictly speaking a little expensive but nothing unmanageable. I'm told this bug existed in the original, so I'm surprised it existed back then, but in the process of being ported to UE4, apparently had absolutely no changes made to it to improve it. Honestly, I'm not even sure why the effects are so pronounced, it feels like it should be so much more subtle. Maybe I'm missing something.

To be fair, it's part of a longer glitch, and that's actually part of why it's wigging out like that.

To begin, you have to find a taxi. Finding a taxi will allow you to enter a taxi mission, which in turn allows you to pick up the passenger you’ll need later. Once you’ve entered the taxi, hold R3 (the button in your right thumbstick), and exit the vehicle while still holding R3. If you get into a vehicle while still holding R3, you can start using any vehicle as a taxi.

Once you begin your taxi mission, pick up a passenger and take them to the car crusher in Harwood. Park your car with the driver’s side door facing the crusher and then exit the vehicle. With a passenger inside, you won’t be allowed to exit through their door, so instead you just teleport out. The car crusher will then attempt to grab the not-taxi, passenger in tow, at which point you should enter the vehicle. Once the game realizes that you’re in the car, the crusher will drop the car and the glitch will be active.

Your car now phases through non-terrain objects, including buildings. It will also slowly increase in size, which can be sped up by quickly wiggling it as you drive. The car will keep growing until you reset it by falling through the world geometry.

There’s a third, much simpler part of this glitch. Once your car becomes a ghost, you can store it in your garage. Storing a ghost car in your garage will re-enable its object collision, but will disable collision damage. This makes the car effectively invincible, barring any shootouts.

10 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

To be fair, it's part of a longer glitch, and that's actually part of why it's wigging out like that.

I guess, after doing that kind of Stuff you find Mew under the Truck near the SS Anne and it gives you the Power to glitch out your Vehicles :P

14 hours ago, Azuris said:

I guess, after doing that kind of Stuff you find Mew under the Truck near the SS Anne and it gives you the Power to glitch out your Vehicles :P

Needs more surfing and the Old Man for that.

I have never bought or played GTA in my life. The concept doesn't interest me in the least. I tried download a version of GTA 5 when it was free on Epic, but got bored three minutes into various updates, loading of things and what not. Now I watch this video I can honestly say I kind of want to buy this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqL2n4LAkjU

9 hours ago, Murdoch said:

I have never bought or played GTA in my life. The concept doesn't interest me in the least. I tried download a version of GTA 5 when it was free on Epic, but got bored three minutes into various updates, loading of things and what not. Now I watch this video I can honestly say I kind of want to buy this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqL2n4LAkjU

Thats killing me haha

13 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Thats killing me haha

My favorites were the random crashes while people were having casual chats.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/393o373751k48k/a-note-from-the-rockstar-games-team-re-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-th

They’re gonna add back the OG versions of the trilogy now. My thoughts? They’re only doing it to save face the bunch of fucking cunts. They saw how hard the backlash was and what it did to their stocks and shares, so the only way to backpedal hard is to cave in. I’m glad I can own Vice City and III legit now, but it still doesn’t excuse these dickheads behavior against the modders of these beloved games.

Fuck Rockstar.

It also still doesn't excuse that they released such a shit product in the first place.  I mean I guess the perverse truth is that if the remaster had actually been good, they still may well have tried to George Lucas us out of being able to ever get the original, non-remastered versions again; only in that case they probably would've gotten away with it, because enough people would've said "Eh but the remaster is pretty good" and sucked it up.  However, we do not live in that reality and they've basically worked themselves into a corner of complete failure where backpedaling is the only option.

We want to provide an update regarding the unexpected technical issues 

Ok they are either bold faced liars or didn't bother to play it themselves before they released it.

i just heard this dumpsterfire is on xbox game pass and since i have gamepass im gonna download this game to see just how much of a shithole it really is

1 hour ago, The BMFG said:

i just heard this dumpsterfire is on xbox game pass and since i have gamepass im gonna download this game to see just how much of a shithole it really is

I'd argue to just watch some YouTube videos featuring gameplay of it and you'll see how awful it is.

Maybe they're going to remaster you next, Mr.Bellic.

2 hours ago, The BMFG said:

it was fucking horrible

the only good thing about it was the fact that they had soundgarden and alice in chains on the ingame radio

every time i hit a pole with my car it would sink into the ground like it was in fucking quicksand

every time i crashed my car into another car the car would suddenly magnetize to my car and fucking follow it everywhere it goes as close to it as it possibly can be

i exited my car and this one car kept circling around it like a shark

anyone who dared to stand a single pixel infront of the car circling mine would die instantly

ryder looks like the fucking huntchback of notre dome

cjs face in some cutscenes is so red he likes he just ate a fucking carolina reaper

the rain looks like cum

im pretty sure its just an looping gif put over the screen too

there's obvious typos

The relisting of the OG versions is a small win. Now all they need to do is drop the case against the re3 project.

They still aren't getting my money.

20 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

every time i crashed my car into another car the car would suddenly magnetize to my car and fucking follow it everywhere it goes as close to it as it possibly can be

i exited my car and this one car kept circling around it like a shark

I've never figured out if it's a bug or glitch or intended, but the older PC version has cars that'll do that. I think it may be intentional NPC behavior in San Andreas, considering how regularly it happens when I play it. Shooting at those cars a bit will get them off your tail, but they do get annoying.

1 minute ago, scalliano said:

The relisting of the OG versions is a small win. Now all they need to do is drop the case against the re3 project.

I hope they might put the OG versions back on Steam and wherever else they used to have them. I doubt they will add them back to anything that's not the Rockstar launcher, but who knows. They should absolutely drop the cases against mod authors, though.

5 minutes ago, Eddie 2077 said:

I've never figured out if it's a bug or glitch or intended, but the older PC version has cars that'll do that. I think it may be intentional NPC behavior in San Andreas, considering how regularly it happens when I play it. Shooting at those cars a bit will get them off your tail, but they do get annoying.

oh i see. i used to play san andreas all the time but now i can only remember such little about it. that probably happened to me alot when i used to play it