Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Senor Cacodemon

Worst way to die in any doom game

2 hours ago, MFG38 said:

Is that by chance a BTSX3 map? c;

Unfortunately not, it's just the last BTSX2 level.

Worse way to die? How about running out of ammo, low health and have to punch pinkies with a fist in a pit of darkness.

suicide by rocket near the end of a no-save run?

Edited by Mayomancer : typo as pointed out by BMFG

When one of these bipedal maggots kills you! = Zombieman / Former Human / Former Soldier.

Once a marine, always a marine. Except in this case. These guys may look like your old buddies, but now they're nothing more than pistol-toting, bi-pedal maggots. Waste em!

Edited by pcorf

7 hours ago, Wavy said:

It's not a bug. It's actually hardcoded to have a 2.3% of penetrating through a radsuit.

Whoever at id Software thought that was a totally good idea will be getting a very strongly worded email.

Probably the same person who thought RNG damage in an FPS game was a good idea ;)

1 hour ago, xdarkmasterx said:

Probably the same person who thought RNG damage in an FPS game was a good idea ;)

Hehe. I don't have too much of an issue with RNG damage in Doom. Issue I have is that the range of damage that some things can produce is simply way too high, like with Revenant fireballs going from causing a dint to turning whatever it touches into a mince meat shower.

Falling into an inescapable pit late into a run. The cheaper the death, the less I could have done about it, the worse it feels dying to it. Sure there's being chipped by a lone zombieman, but like big ups to that zombieman they deserve it, nothing is more like aggravating than falling into an inescapable pit. Lost a good Doom 2 run on absolutely great pace to it on The Chasm, was so incredibly unsatisfied I stopped playing for almost 2 months (well not really, stopped playing for the day but next day so happened my only pair of cheap earphones gave out and didn't get new ones till now, but I'm staying mad about it).

6 hours ago, BaileyTW said:

Sure there's being chipped by a lone zombieman, but like big ups to that zombieman they deserve it

Ever played 1Monster? I was pretty embarrassed dying to a group of them. Since the maps are only allowed to have 1 type of monster, the map throws a bunch at one time. And there's only a few stimpacks around. 

I just feel incredibly silly dying to the easiest monster in the game. I was bushwhacked by popguns :(

Having low health, and while being too focused fighting, a stray fireball hits a barrel that I didn't notice it was behind me...

Opening a door only to get scratched to death by an imp right next to soulsphere....

or my personal favorite: facerocketing yourself into an escapable damaging pit and dieing only because of that

Well I thought I had cleared an area so went to grab a coffee and left it unpaused.  Apparently I left a zombieman who proceeded to take pot shots at poor doom guy.  Never stood a chance..

Face-rocket at lost soul

or

Get finished off by single regular zombie in slaughter map

The only type of death that ever irks my shorts is mistiming the Archvile blast when ducking back out to shoot. Everything else is fair game, but that type of Archvile death is purely player error and utterly infuriating.  

Getting mauled by Imps, Barons or whatever that are a hundred feet below you at the foot of a cliff when playing in PrBoom-plus or GLBoom-plus, and you didn't even know they were there.

Any death from a damaging floor or a crusher makes me mad as well.

Here's another one that gets me:

I'm playing a particularly tough map, and I've decided to make a save at 100 kills, as I hate having to redo sections. It's been surprisingly plain sailing, when. with 97 or 98 kills, I come to a sinisterly lit room with a key in the middle and large amounts of plasma and rockets scattered around. Do I do the sensible thing and save before picking up the key? No - I go ahead and get annihilated by twenty Revenants and Barons who hem me in within a couple of seconds.

This seems to happen to me quite a lot!