Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amaster

It Lurks

1. thats creepy...

2. exuse my naiveness: is it image manipulations or you managed to paint whole picture?

3. cool and fun...

Mwahahaha, neato. I wouldn't want to be the guy whose eyes we're looking through in this pic, unless of course I was armed with something decent.

Neat tunnel, but for me it looks like the "lurker" is a computer terminal on the wall with red eyes.

The eyes sits on a kinda black square you can just make out.

Little Faith said:

The eyes sits on a kinda black square you can just make out.

Heh, the eyes are actually done using a black plane with two "eye" shapes cut out of it (boolean compound object, if anyone wants to know). I didnt realize it was noticeable.

2. exuse my naiveness: is it image manipulations or you managed to paint whole picture?

Neither. It was done in 3D Studio Max.

Ooh, that's quite creepy.

Actually that would be a good scene for a fanfic (or Doom ]|[ )... you're crawling through a vent with just a pistol and a torch, then your torch fizzles out. Then you hear a deep breathing, and two eyes appear...

o_O

TheBlackKnight said:

Actually that would be a good scene for a fanfic (or Doom ]|[ )... you're crawling through a vent with just a pistol and a torch, then your torch fizzles out. Then you hear a deep breathing, and two eyes appear...

Right, because every respectable UAC moon base would have a hefty supply of torches handy.

Darkstalker said:

I don't really like it, sorry. The walls are plain and under detailled. Only the grid and the eyes are ok IMO.

What do you think would improve it? I didnt want to add much to the walls since I didnt want to clutter up the the scene, but still have a claustrophobic feeling.

Assmaster said:

What do you think would improve it? I didnt want to add much to the walls since I didnt want to clutter up the the scene, but still have a claustrophobic feeling.

Do something with the edges. It's hard to see the wall from the floor.

Maybe it's just my monitor, but the image could do to be a little darker. It seems fairly well lit for the most part, with the creature on the edge of the darkness. Perhaps if the darkness were creeping up on you as much as the creature was, ya know? That kind of lack of boundary could make the image more powerful. But then again, what do I know, eh?

Lüt said:

Right, because every respectable UAC moon base would have a hefty supply of torches handy.

That's quite possible. Whenever they need to maintain the airvents, they need some light to see what they're doing, and torch lights are useful for providing light.

Oh, I forgot that they're called 'flashlights' in American English ;-)

Assmaster said:

I dunno, maybe pipes on the right wall. One of them is broken so smoke is coming out of it, blocking us to see the monster. Instead of 90 degree ceiling/wall you could've make them a bit lower near the end or make a slope. Adding some lights on the floor but with berely enought power to produce enough lightning to see the monster. Having some kind of grid floor above the actual floor to walk above the floor grid ( I think RTC-3057 had that, except the hole). I mean it's kinda stupid to have a big hole in the floor. Also I don't get the point of the big motherboard-like texture on the left wall. I think you room is too empty, but still that's just my opinion.

make the light from the floor holeas illuminate the some, that will give more moood to it

dsm said:

That's quite possible. Whenever they need to maintain the airvents, they need some light to see what they're doing, and torch lights are useful for providing light.

Oh, I forgot that they're called 'flashlights' in American English ;-)

Huh? "Fizzling" is something a torch does when it gets wet.

Anyway, the battery running low on the lite-amp goggles would be frustrating indeed.

Actually, now that I think about it, that flashlight/mirror scene from The Relic comes to mind. That really freaked me out when I first saw it :P

1. the answear: i see...

2. tourch'n'flashlight discussion: hmm, i guess in the future they (doom space marines) could use the atropine injection (or something, i dont really sure of that chem) to see in the darkness:

- it would be quet original compare to other games...

- it much cooler to hang around with big black eyes, you'll look really psycho and mysterious...

- its more practicle: your hands are free, and you dont have to wear the night vision set and battaries for flashlights...

3. what do you think bout that???

wasted said:

hmm, i guess in the future they (doom space marines) could use the atropine injection (or something, i dont really sure of that chem) to see in the darkness:

3. what do you think bout that???

Wouldn't they be blinded when the lights come on? Although I suppose their helmet's visor could be darkened to compensate.
Anyway, it's an interesting idea...

They have light ampflication (sp?) visors - that would do.