Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Major Arlene

New around here? Introduce Yourself!

Yeah I did make a post before, wanna make this more detailed.

It all started 1 year ago, I got a kind of trauma and I was sensible to pretty much everything. I decided to defeat that by starting to play FPSes and so I started playing ones my father did.

(Such as, doom, Duke, etc)

But then, I started really liking doom, so I started playing it more.

Hi, I'm not exactly new here. I was here way back in 2017 or 2018 maybe? I had an account and I got banned for a year for some stupid stuff. Anyways, Hi, I'm Mirai. Some of you might recognize me but I was mostly a lurker here. I first played Doom in 2006 maybe on a relative's PC and re-discovered it back in 2017. Been into the whole mods and maps thing since then. I'm a Bangladeshi with an interest in Audio, keyboards and of course, games. I dropped Doom altogether in  2019-2020 due to exams and College admissions going on. I'm kind of free nowadays with the Covid and stuff like that and I've picked up Doom again and I'm really enjoying it so far. I hope to know you all better and I promise, no more stupid shit like last time.

By the way, if you like headphones and keyboards, please do message me. ^_^

Hello everyone,

Just made an account,

Won't be too active here as i'm more active in duke4 due to longevity, familiarity, and enjoyment.

Ctrlc Ctrlv

I'm Balls Of Steel Forever...
Name: Balls Of Steel Forever

Occupation/Grade in School/Year of College: Can't remember

Vehicle: One that works.

Favorite Video Game(s):
Twisted Metal Black
Duke Nukem 3D
Fez
Hotline Miami 1 and 2

Balls of Steel

Pac Man Championship Edition DX+

Favorite Movie:
Birdman

Favorite Author:
Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Favorite Book:
Crime and Punishment

Favorite Musical Genre:
There are only two types of music, good and bad.
I listen to good music.

Favorite Musical Artist:
Good musical artists

Favorite Song:
Good songs

Favorite TV Shows(s):
MacGyver
Stargate Sg-1

Favorite Animal:
Human

Favorite Colour:
Black

Am interested in Doom 1, 2, 3 mods, like the games and part of what i've glimpsed of the community.

Polish_20211001_165848322.png

On 10/1/2021 at 8:01 PM, Balls of Steel Forever said:

Favorite Video Game(s):
Duke Nukem 3D

Favorite Movie:
Birdman

Pretty excellent credentials.

Hello, everyone.

I have the level author name "Reviver" and can also online be found as CasualExplorer.

I hope to get along well with everyone I encounter within the Doomworld forums.  I'll do my part and try to be at least reasonably polite whenever I can.

Unprofessionally modding game files, and in certain instances, creating new game data files, is one of my various hobbies.  Currently, I mod Doom 2: Hell on Earth files.

Doing so is a pleasure words can't describe, especially when I have performed the final compilation and final testing for a wad, whether I decide to share it with others or not.  I strive, in either instance, to improve in level editing skill, even if it's just by a small amount evidenced in the final version.

I now conclude with my introduction, but add this as well: If you have questions unanswered from this small exchange of words, then feel free to contact me.

Yeah so, mostly new here even tho I've been registered for a while, and while I know how forums works, I've never used one so apologies if this post seems dumb as hell (cuz it probably will be :) ) 
Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself - My name-name is Chris (i go by spwnSH4Rk moreso than pwnsh4rk) -  Im a 30 year old goon havin a good time on the internet. I've only recently discovered playing classic doom, with an emphasis on multiplayer (about 4-5 months in now).I help out at USDQC's doom2 events (tho i may as well be the average event enjoyer), organize Wadazine Flag Fest with the help of some super cool dudes, moderate for John Romero's discord server, dabble in a little UDB mapping, and am a general part of the ZDaemon community team.
Now that I'm here, I hope to see more of you around the community - feel free to chat me up - always down to ramble on about mapping and multiplayer events.
Thanks for readin' (if you made it through) ;)

This isn't the first time I've made a Doomworld account. Since I was banned from the time when I was just a kid, I've made a good lot of them, some for me trying to return back to conversation and contributing here, some made for ill-fated raids on the forums. For the longest while I've been in a constant state of bitching about and usually fighting with the Doom community. Whether it's over this, or over that, I just usually found myself fighting with you guys for no reason. It happened on this forum, in Discord servers, YouTube comments, whatever.

And honestly, I'm sorry for that. After a while I've learned to appreciate the effort that's gone into improving the Doom engine, creating new content for it, documenting all of it, and making sure people have access to it. I've come to truly respect and - as said before - appreciate everyone here. Maybe it's because I've gotten older, grown a bit, gone through some shit here and there. Maybe it's because I picked up new hobbies and learned a bit about life. Can't really be sure about that, but just know that I apologize for whatever trouble I've caused you guys.

I'm not planning to post again, I just wanted to say I'm sorry.

Hello everyone!

I play classic Doom and I love it.

I also make wads but I havent finished any.

Hey whats up. My name is Hypnotik. but alot of doomers call me Hypno or Hyp for short. I seen the title and was curious. I've made a few wads but nothing spectacular. I didn't hear anything terrible about them so maybe I'm alright? I'm laidback. always trying to frag. always down for coop on demon slaying. Doom's addicting enough... but when you add friends?? better yet! It's awesome theres a place where we can all come together and express our passion for Doom. Almost like a family. It might not be a functional one, but it works. The love is there.

9 minutes ago, Hypnotik said:

Hey whats up. My name is Hypnotik. but alot of doomers call me Hypno or Hyp for short. I seen the title and was curious. I've made a few wads but nothing spectacular. I didn't hear anything terrible about them so maybe I'm alright? I'm laidback. always trying to frag. always down for coop on demon slaying. Doom's addicting enough... but when you add friends?? better yet! It's awesome theres a place where we can all come together and express our passion for Doom. Almost like a family. It might not be a functional one, but it works. The love is there.

if my internet was better id hit ya up for some co-op doomseeker! i have tons of wads..

what the hell, ill try it anyway

24 minutes ago, Yandere_Doomer said:

if my internet was better id hit ya up for some co-op doomseeker! i have tons of wads..

what the hell, ill try it anyway

If I had time I'd jump in too. Which port do you use?

On 10/22/2021 at 7:45 PM, Yandere_Doomer said:

i use Zandronum for Multiplayer.

Dang it, I use Odamex and ZDaemon

49 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

Dang it, I use Odamex and ZDaemon

i tried Odamex and it was really tricky, its like i have to use a console or something to start it.

i have ZDaemon but the map wizard acts up a lot. the only one that truly works for me is Doomseeker.

Hello, Dear Community! After lurking like a pig for years, it was finally time to register.

I discovered the Doom mods very late. I thought I knew everything about mods (Unreal, Half-Life, Deus Ex, Thief, etc) but the sheer quality/quantity of mods dedicated to Doom is just staggering.

No lie, years later and I’m still discovering quality wads on a weekly basis! Quite frankly, I’ve never experienced anything of this magnitude in any gaming community. Which leads to a question: "Is one lifetime enough to enjoy all these quality wads?" ^^

Anyways, I'm just glad to finally be part of this thriving Community, CrocMagnum out. 

Hello, I am Senor Cacodemon, Its pretty hard to play doom without hands y'know.

I like doom, also team fortress 2 if you know what that is.

In public they call me a floating meatball with a mexican hat so that kind of sucks.

Hi everyone, my name is TheMalayDoomer! I'm from Malaysia, and I don't know if there is any other Malaysian in the Doom community though... :/

Anyways, I have been into the world Doom ever since I saw a few videos by Karl Jobst about Doom's speedrunning and also decino's gameplay and analysis videos about 8 months ago. And I also created this Doomworld account around the same time (under my main online handle, now I changed it to my Doom handle), but I guess now is the time to introduce myself, huh

The thing I like the most about Doom and it's modding scene are it's music from the many talented musicians! Eris Falling, James Paddock, Stuart Rynn and Myrgharok to name a few... Many of the levels made for this game are fun to play (and watch) as well!

And I'm a fan of the SC-55, Arachno, Gravis Ultrasound and Nintendo soundfonts, as well as the OPL Synth sometimes...

The source ports I usually use are PRBoom+ (for vanilla-based gameplay) and GZDoom (for more modern-ish gameplay, like with mouselook and stuff like that), but I also downloaded a ton of source ports, even stuff like Vavoom and 3DGE, maybe because I want to test them out myself... :P

I'm excited to see more new stuff from this thriving community, and I wish this community will stay thriving and never falls down!

Anyways, thats it for my introduction. See you guys next time!

Edited by TheMalayDoomer

Howdy, my name is Dasha W. Frost and I am a total newcomer to the Doomworld forums. I'm hoping to befriend nice awesome Doom lovers (and gamers in general), have a lot of nice conversations about Doom and other video games, and to share my mods with you!

I am very new to Doom modding; to be fair, I've been modding for only about a month or so, LOL, but it's been pretty fun. And since I'm obsessed with becoming a videogame developer someday, learning the basics of how classics like Doom work is hopefully gonna help me on my creative journey. As usual, I have multiple ideas, and I hope you'll enjoy my works!

Also, I am primarily an artist. I draw approximately 75% of my time. I'm hoping to put my drawing skills into a bigger Doom mod someday.

I also like learning languages, listening to music, birdwatching, and pumpkin pie.

Thank you for your attention! See you soon!

Hello fellow kids! I'm what you would call a filthy zoomer that happened to grow up with Doom and Heretic. I like to write and make pixel art. Started recently to have an interest to mapping after listening to the interviews from In The Keep podcast and Bridgeburner's 'Burning Bridges' of cool people from this community and my sheer enjoyment of all the custom content that has been made throughout the years. Hope we will get along really well!

while i ain't """"""""NEW"""""""" i still wanna talk about who i am

hi im babyherc, im the king of pepegas and love doom and tf2, i've been a doomer for at least 2/3 years now. and just ended playing doom eternal. peronsally favorite mods include: Twitch HQ 2. freelism Gold, Abort.m

Hey all, BrassKnight here. I've been in Doomworld for about 4 years although it's technically 5 because I lurked here for a while. I got into Doom when I was around 14-15 years old during dinner when my dad mentioned the game, I started with the shareware version of Doom 1 and would discover source ports later on and moved to Doom 2. I started mapping 4 years ago out of pure boredom and would eventually release my first map in 2018, I'd made more ever since and I'm actually making a new map pack right now but I don't have any intention of showing anything about it yet because it's not even halfway done so stay tuned.

Besides Doom, I draw stuff too and I've recently got back into it after months of burnout. I just started this February so I'm still a beginner. Another hobby I have is Profile editing, I've spent so much time messing with the About Me page of my profile that to this point, I'm probably the one person in this forums who spent so much effort for something like that. You can check it out if you want.

Everyone's doing it so I might as well join in the fun.

I'm TenenteZashu, but you can call me Tenente or simply Zashu. While my interest in Doom was seldom at first, only ever playing it when I would go over my uncle's place, I really got into the game in late 2018, when I finally got myself an Xbox One and Doom 4. Now I am in the process of creating my own 32-level campaing, Doomed-Out plus a smaller Doom 1 side project named "Daemonis Planetum" which will release whenever I will complete it.

My interests outside of Doom are Warhammer 40k, music (mostly metal) and wood working, not even kidding.

Only now did I come across this thread, and I've been on the forum for a couple of months already. So, what the heck, why not drop something on this thread as well.

So, I'm Rhhe82 (yeah, misspelled my tag at registration), Finnish guy and as one could guess 39 years old, and I've been playing Doom since early 1994, when I was 11 years old. I've also mapped ever since, although I stopped before the turn of the century, and didn't really return to it until this august. I've only played Xbox ports in recent years, only briefly tried out ZDoom somewhere around 2005. I'm not a Doomgod, I use saves and UV is a bit too much for me on the contemporary wads. My favourite IWAD is Plutonia. I haven't played that much PWADs, but my current favourite would be Going Down or Eviternity.

I studied maths at university, and I work in insurance business. Don't hold it against me. I'm also wanna-be writer, attending to a writing school, which not show on this forum at all, as english is not my primary language. It's probably no use listing my native favourite authors, but international favourites include David Foster Wallace, Thomas Bernhard and Michel Houellebecq (I read surprisingly little amount of non-Finnish literature, it seems).

I like my music metal, and my metal black. My favourite TV shows are MacGyver (the 80s one), X-Files, Deep Space Nine, Babylon 5. Old stuff, it suddenly looks like I'm living in the past.

Hi, new *somewhat* to both classic doom and the forum. the name's Cael Thunderwing,just an average person (i've never stood out that much) of 36 years. i've kept most of my old classic Systems (both PC's and consoles) over the years. I'm mmm... guess you could say at times struggling to adapt to new things/systems (PS4 and Xbox One) as i've generally preferred my older Consoles. (PS2 n older.)  and only in the last year got into VR. (as i own a Quest 2)

When i still had my old 486 from the 90's, i did briefly get Doom 1 but never did get past E2 (its been so long i dont recall why, if it was lost interest or something else.) and getting back into everything wasn't sparked again till i encountered a world in VRChat "VRCDoom" which was Doom 1 with the Shareware levels fully re-implemented.(albeit with limitations with what you get in VRC/VRC's Udon.) was rather fun playing thru classic doom in VR. (im aware of DoomVFR) and having a roommate that's into just about every game since the beginning, only helps spark interest when you watch the guy play it often!

why hello there 
i joined here in april and its also the same time i started making doom maps 
they arent the best maps imo but i can say that i have improved a lot after mapping for months 
i was also thinking about making my first ever project here in sometime 
i do have a lot of ideas for it and i think people will find it interesting 

Edited by bigsmoke1919

Hello everyone, Joined in 2011, I'm a new doom modder but I'm trying to start as slow and simple as possible.
Hoping once I get enough skill in making wads to make bigger projects.

I'm 30 and have no knowledge of coding and little knowledge about computers. I know slightly more than the average redneck my age seeing that I built my own gaming PC. 

That said, I'm here to ask questions and expand my knowledge on one of the greatest games of all times. 

What are some good tutorials on installing mods and playing doom multiplayer? 

yea, I'm a retarded noob....... with an addiction for gibs.

I hope to make new friends and learn some new skills on gaming by signing up here. 

Hope to game with ya'll soon!