Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Senor Cacodemon

I didn't really like Doom 3

Doom 3 for the og Xbox was my first full play of a Doom game and I found it quite enjoyable with it's sort of Half Life start up.
Though the door/corner imps got old fast as well as what seemed like pure rng for the shotguns range.
But the start of Delta Labs and any given Hell segment was peak.

8 hours ago, famicommander said:

Not liking Doom 3 means all your senses are working correctly. It's an awful excuse for a video game, and not just "a bad Doom game" like some people claim. It was impressive when it came out from an audiovisual perspective, but that's it. It sucks as a shooter, it sucks as a horror game, the story sucks, the level design sucks. 

4 hours ago, famicommander said:

1. Nuh-Uh!

2. My dad could totally beat up your dad!

We get it. You hate DOOM 3 so much that you just had to bump the 5000th thread about someone not liking DOOM 3 just when it was ready to die. At least you contributed via a legitimate hot take and an uproarious sense of humor.

Things I like about DOOM 3:

-Stuff that everyone else already talked about in every DOOM 3 thread

Things I dislike about DOOM 3:

-Stuff everyone else already talked about in every DOOM 3 thread

-Threads about DOOM 3

I feel like Doom has some potential for horror/tactical stuff as there is for more action/speed oriented stuff or even areas like arcade, platforming or melee.

What "Doom is" feels more like what "Doom could be" because the series' own premise was executed with a weird premise, which is why everyone has their own take on what Doom is or could be and even led to a very creative fanbase.

I think D3 could have been a spin-off but also had some flaws such as an enemy roster lacking on true varied gameplay roles.

And later releases like BFG edition did the sort of damage i think more people should complain about.

8 hours ago, famicommander said:

My dad could totally beat up your dad!

Wtf dude? Is it a bad thing liking Doom 3? I love Doom 3 myself, why would you like your dad to beat my dad for liking this game?

10 hours ago, famicommander said:

1. Nuh-Uh!

2. My dad could totally beat up your dad

Dude!!! Like what is wrong with you? A couple days ago, you were ridiculing someone for liking the SNES Doom port and now this. Can you learn to not be so rude for once. Saying "I'm sorry for whatever happened to you that made you this way" or "My dad could totally beat up your dad!" don't make you look cool or funny.

Now, I don't like Doom 3 much myself, but if people like it, so be it. Everyone has their preference.

2 hours ago, Teo Slayer said:

Wtf dude? Is it a bad thing liking Doom 3? I love Doom 3 myself, why would you like your dad to beat my dad for liking this game?

I would have thought from the tone of my posts that people would get I was kidding. Of course my dad isn't going to fight anyone over a video game. Lighten up.

For me, most of the issues that I had with OG Doom 3 have long been fixed with mods.  The only thing that I would dearly love in the game is a proper melee attack like the one in Halo.  Getting cornered by a baddie just makes me want to smash them in the face with the butt of my gun.

Other than that, I think Doom 3 is a great compliment to the other Doom games and I don't consider it a black sheep in the slightest.  It's just a slightly different take on the Doom universe.  I mean, D3 is obviously a really big influence on Doom 2016 and everyone and their dog loves that game!

Still, I am nostalgia-biased.  I followed the development and release build up from the beginning and I bought it upon release.  I just couldn't believe that my exceedingly average PC of the time could run the game as well as it did.  Playing late at night with headphones on was an experience that will always stick with me.  I had never been so immersed in a PC game... and, to be honest, I'm not I've been so immersed since.