Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

RAY MOHAWK 2: Ray Wreaks Havoc! [20 Vanilla Maps - v4 on idgames!]

Fun mapset! I like the super-OP weapons, the pistol especially. it's finally not useless! one thing i noticed in map 6: in the house across from the blue key, if you fall off the tallest crate and into the corner, you're stuck there. a chair blocks you in.

Man, this is really fun! The new weapons are a blast to use, and the levels are just fun to explore and admire the details. Don't really have much else to say other than I can't wait to finish it!

A thing I noticed in some recent playthroughs of my map: the linedef that triggers the moving pillars in the last big room is sometimes skipped. The linedef is located next to the switch that requires the yellow key, I believe. @Doomkid could I ask you to add some extra lines in the map performing the same action, just to be safe? They could be placed in a much earlier location that the player has to pass.

Huge HOM in MAP20 with the cute outdoor area. Are you supposed to be able to get in there at all, btw?

Spoiler

DOOM03.png.08862e70b3bb7a85e2b77dc1b1f4b6b8.png

Started playing this tonight and it is a lot of fun; love how beefy the weapons are along with the weapon sounds.   Feels right.   

On 11/6/2021 at 1:31 PM, DrJordo said:

Fun mapset! I like the super-OP weapons, the pistol especially. it's finally not useless! one thing i noticed in map 6: in the house across from the blue key, if you fall off the tallest crate and into the corner, you're stuck there. a chair blocks you in.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:42 PM, UberGewei said:

Found something in MAP10, player starts 2, 3, 4 seem to be outside of the map?

On 11/7/2021 at 1:38 AM, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

A thing I noticed in some recent playthroughs of my map: the linedef that triggers the moving pillars in the last big room is sometimes skipped. The linedef is located next to the switch that requires the yellow key, I believe. @Doomkid could I ask you to add some extra lines in the map performing the same action, just to be safe? They could be placed in a much earlier location that the player has to pass.

On 11/7/2021 at 2:53 AM, maxmanium said:

Found another VPO on MAP18. Right in this area at some specific angle:

Hide contents

DOOM02.png.66abb659ac875705cba382b19ebf174d.png

On 11/7/2021 at 4:16 AM, maxmanium said:

Huge HOM in MAP20 with the cute outdoor area. Are you supposed to be able to get in there at all, btw?

Hide contents

DOOM03.png.08862e70b3bb7a85e2b77dc1b1f4b6b8.png

On 11/7/2021 at 12:15 PM, DFF said:

@Doomkid ,@UberGewei pointed out that I forgot to put multiplayer spawns in map10, any chance you could add those?

Gonna get ALL of these fixed. I’m going out of town for about a week, which unfortunately means a bit of a delay for the fixed version, but it’s coming!

Caught a glitch on Map 9, immediately after you take the teleporter, v 1.0 release so don't know if it's been fixed or not

6Sf4Imi.pngFB8mmBN.png

Finally got Mr Ray Mohawk to the exit! Last 5 maps were frantic, difficulty spike is great

but the arsenal given is perfect for the final levels, specially the knife+berserker, memorable weapons for sure.

Excellent wad full of great maps for sure. Couldnt find the way to acces the bonus maps though.

3 hours ago, Soulless said:

Finally got Mr Ray Mohawk to the exit! Last 5 maps were frantic, difficulty spike is great

but the arsenal given is perfect for the final levels, specially the knife+berserker, memorable weapons for sure.

Excellent wad full of great maps for sure. Couldnt find the way to acces the bonus maps though.

The bonus maps are in a separate wad file. You can load it together with Ray Mohawk 2 itself, and then just idclev21 or idclev22 :). Let me know what you think of my map ;)

2 hours ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

just idclev21 or idclev22 :). Let me know what you think of my map ;) 

Looks like map21 is just a credit placeholder, but I did play your map, really cool bonus, It feels like

an alternative ending, the bathroom secret scheme was pretty cool (had to backtrack once I figured it out).

The only problem I had is one Imp that somehow was stuck  inside a wall, I missed that kill for 100% haha.

That imp its on the way to the red keycard, on the bottom left side of the map.

1 hour ago, Master O said:

When's the sequel "Ray Mohawk Forever" coming out, @Doomkid?

:D

Probably already in development, but will only release "When it's Done (TM)"

Spoiler

after 3D-Realms Doomkid goes bankrupt after working on it for a decade and then some other company member picks it up and rushes it out of the door.

Finished a few days ago, pretty solid wad! The new weapons were a definite highlight, and it might be hard adjusting to life without them in whatever I play next. Honestly feel that they're an improvement over the base doom arsenal - the increased firepower really improves the pace of things, and overall I found them to be more balanced (not sure if this was intentional but I loved how the flamethrowers incredible damage output was counterbalanced by the major visibility hit all the giant flames spammed across the screen caused). Also it was incredibly satisfyingly being able to (somewhat) easily take down archviles with only a pistol.

Strongest map overall was easily Noiser's map16 - I just loved the map's constantly escalating battles, port-themed details, and unforgettable ship explosion. 2 other favorites were map06 and and map09, both of which were fun-filled adventures that best captured the tone the wad's (relatively) relaxed first half (also loved to see how much Moustachio has improved as a mapper since the interception 1 days). Also really enjoyed map17's looping layout (especially how the big multi-cyberdemon fight at the end reused a warped room from earlier) but I guess the more abstract visual style made it seem a bit out of place to me.

Spoiler

Separately what's up with that cyberdemon fight near the bfg in map14? Was I supposed to kill them or just run to the teleporter out of the area? Either way it seemed like a bizarrely out of place difficulty spike (even taking into account the wad's last few maps) unless I missed an invulnerability or something. Also wasn't really fan of the extended narrow zig-zag walkway before them...

...but overall enjoyed my experience, looking forward to checking out Ray Mohawk 1 (and the Rudy series too while I'm at it)

20 hours ago, Processingcontrol said:

Strongest map overall was easily Noiser's map16 - I just loved the map's constantly escalating battles, port-themed details, and unforgettable ship explosion.

Thank you very much, i'm flattered! :-3
The ship section was me trying to keep a Duke Nukem vibe. I'm glad you enjoyed

Btw, the dehacked work that Doomkid did is fantastic and experimenting with the new arsenal was a huge pleasure. It's incredible how much you can do on enemy count while keeping the momentum rolling. You can even use large enemies like Cybies and Masterminds without dragging down the combat. I loved it.

Edited by Noiser

On 11/9/2021 at 3:30 AM, Krawa said:

Yeah, was fun to play the maps on ZDS.

Good job to all the mappers!

Screenshots: https://monkey.zdaemon.org/images/ZDS/zds-740_screenshots.gif

So happy you guys played this on ZDS! Thanks Krawa!!

On 11/9/2021 at 10:45 AM, Sena said:

Caught a glitch on Map 9, immediately after you take the teleporter, v 1.0 release so don't know if it's been fixed or not

6Sf4Imi.pngFB8mmBN.png

Great catch. Added to the "to be fixed" pile.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:27 AM, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

@Scypek2 @fuGue_tv had a broken monster closet and HOMs in two locations. VOD over here.

Another good catch.. Peccatum, is there any chance you remember exactly where the HOMs were, or maybe a timecode in the video that shows the bugs in question? that would be extremely helpful!

On 11/16/2021 at 12:40 AM, Soulless said:

On 11/16/2021 at 5:55 AM, Soulless said:

Looks like map21 is just a credit placeholder, but I did play your map, really cool bonus, It feels like

an alternative ending, the bathroom secret scheme was pretty cool (had to backtrack once I figured it out).

The only problem I had is one Imp that somehow was stuck  inside a wall, I missed that kill for 100% haha.

That imp its on the way to the red keycard, on the bottom left side of the map.

So glad you enjoyed it! If you do want to play the Map21 bonus map, be sure to load the bonus maps after you load the initial wad (so, -file mohawks2.wad mo2bonus.wad in other words.) Thanks a lot for the positive remarks!!

On 11/17/2021 at 1:56 AM, Master O said:

When's the sequel "Ray Mohawk Forever" coming out, @Doomkid?

Some day, some time..... but not soon!! :P

On 11/17/2021 at 8:03 AM, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

When is the Ray Mohawk / Rowdy Rudy Crossover coming out @Doomkid ?
*voice over*
This summer, get ready for: Ray vs Rudy: Rowdy Mohawk 3!!!  *explosion sounds*

Oh, it'll happen, mark my words :)

On 11/17/2021 at 3:16 PM, Processingcontrol said:

Finished a few days ago, pretty solid wad! The new weapons were a definite highlight, and it might be hard adjusting to life without them in whatever I play next. Honestly feel that they're an improvement over the base doom arsenal - the increased firepower really improves the pace of things, and overall I found them to be more balanced (not sure if this was intentional but I loved how the flamethrowers incredible damage output was counterbalanced by the major visibility hit all the giant flames spammed across the screen caused). Also it was incredibly satisfyingly being able to (somewhat) easily take down archviles with only a pistol.

Strongest map overall was easily Noiser's map16 - I just loved the map's constantly escalating battles, port-themed details, and unforgettable ship explosion. 2 other favorites were map06 and and map09, both of which were fun-filled adventures that best captured the tone the wad's (relatively) relaxed first half (also loved to see how much Moustachio has improved as a mapper since the interception 1 days). Also really enjoyed map17's looping layout (especially how the big multi-cyberdemon fight at the end reused a warped room from earlier) but I guess the more abstract visual style made it seem a bit out of place to me.

Reveal hidden contents

...but overall enjoyed my experience, looking forward to checking out Ray Mohawk 1 (and the Rudy series too while I'm at it)

I love slightly longer reviews like this. Thanks a lot for the remarks Processingcontrol, stuff like this makes me want to keep on starting community projects. There's always so much talented mapping tossed at me whenever I do!

On 11/18/2021 at 9:26 AM, Noiser said:

Btw, the dehacked work that Doomkid did is fantastic and experimenting with the new arsenal was a huge pleasure. It's incredible how much you can do on enemy count while keeping the momentum rolling. You can even use large enemies like Cybies and Masterminds without dragging down the combat. I loved it.

This means a lot coming from you, Noiser - thanks a lot, and I agree with Processing that your map was seriously brimming with creativity!

I'll be getting the last dozen or so bugs fixed within the week. Makes me glad to see largely positive reception since release!!

15 hours ago, Senor Cacodemon said:

Does this wad have any coop or deathmatch support?

Indeed this wad has co-op support! It was not specifically designed for it but almost all maps are fully co-op compatible, and some even have a few co-op only surprises ;). The next version that will be out soon will probably have fixed any last co-op breaking bugs.

I am not sure about deathmatch.

Hey there all mappers of this project! @Doomkid and I will be doing a co-op playthrough and would like to invite as many of you to join as possible. Doomkid will host the server, and streamer @DGA will stream it live on Twitch (you are of course welcome to stream yourself as well if you would like to).

The stream will start at 8 PM UTC on Thursday the 25th: in about 2.5 days. Any mappers that would like to join: please send me or Doomkid a DM for the server info and passwords. We'll also have a discord voice channel just for all of us so we can talk about the map set together.

@MidnightMage @Cheesewheel @SilverMiner @UberGewei @Walter confetti @Egg Boy @Moustachio @DFF @Hitboi @Gokuma @sluggard @NeedHealth @Noiser @Aurelius @rd. @RonnieJamesDiner @Scypek2 @Philnemba

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

What port do you want to use? I'm not sure if i can participate...

I think Zandronum would be the easiest choice for this streaming session.

Also, I'll have the server up and ready of course, but I might be a tad late to the session - 7 AM is pretty bright and early :)

On 11/22/2021 at 1:15 PM, Senor Cacodemon said:

Does this wad have any coop or deathmatch support?

I don't think it would work super well in DM, though (I think) each map has player starts for DM at the very least. Re-using these assets for a DM wad is a pretty good idea, really..

On 11/23/2021 at 6:07 AM, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

The stream will start at 8 PM UTC on Thursday the 25th

Hey, that's my B-Day 8D 

I will try my best to be there. Not sure if I will play it but I can text as always. Gibe me cake

Edited by Noiser

I may or may not be able to participate the coop session depending on how long I'll be out with family tomorrow.