Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Senor Cacodemon

Chocolate Doom Widescreen?

Heyall Senor Cacodemon here, I was just wondering if their was any way of making Chocolate Doom (Fullscreen) 1920 x 1080 Widescreen. If it is not possible then that sucks but I guess its worth trying out. And no I'm not playing crispy doom. (Though I love crispy doom)

Maybe this is out of the scope of the project, and I believe Chocolate Doom had some options for scaling the screen (but without the correct aspect) before the version 3.0.0.

I know it's been answered already, but just in case anyone stumbles on this thread in the future: The whole point of Chocolate Doom is to replicate Doom 1.9 as faithfully as possible on modern hardware, so that means stuff like sticking to the original resolution (or scales of that resolution), all the vanilla limitations (and bugs), etc.

If you're looking for something that has 16:9 resolutions, modern effects, or even raises limits, Chocolate Doom is not your port of choice.

Or..  just search the doomwiki.  That's what it is there for right?  So for anyone new or who doesn't know, there is a list of source ports there that detail what they are for and what they provide.

Edited by Gibbon

12 hours ago, Gibbon said:

Or..  just search the doomwiki.  That's what it is there for right?  So for anyone new or who doesn't know, there is a list of source ports there that detail what they are for and what they provide.

Pretty much this. Fantastic website with a lot of info on ports (and everything else). Definitely check there, op.

Is there any reason you're wanting to use Chocolate Doom specifically? If you're looking to emulate v1.9 game logic dsda-doom can do that just fine at 1920x1080.

2 hours ago, maxmanium said:

If you're looking to emulate v1.9 game logic dsda-doom can do that just fine at 1920x1080.

Or at 320x200 and low resolution widescreen.