Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Widosm

What are you getting for the steam sale?

17 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

I'm currently planning to get the original The Binding of Isaac and Team Fortress Classic, they're both cheap af

Team Fortress is really fun, but not nearly as replayable or balanced as it's sequel. I have over 600 hours in TF2, but only about 10 in TFC. Not that it's a bad game, it is fun. Just don't expect super active servers. More people play Half Life and CS1.6 by far. If you ever want to play just message me.

Probably something like Terraria. Laptop's pretty crap, but that should run and have a lot of replayability.

I have to check my wishlist for that to see if there are titles available that are being discounted in such a way that I am comfortable with. I'm done paying 60+ bucks for a game, especially when its just released and plagued with bugs and other issues . . .

I decided to finally get Cyberpunk 2077. Played for a few hours, only one or two minor glitches so far and runs decent even on my comparatively ancient rig. Particularly impressed with how real the city felt when I got to street level after the intro. The sense of being surrounded by a lot of people was quite strong.

Ended up getting Greak: Memories of Azure. I had no expectations for it and literally only picked it up because it was a pretty metroidvania. I'm an hour in so far and I have been utterly blown away. On top of being stunningly gorgeous, it's dripping with a pensive atmosphere that I find captivating. Gameplay is no slouch either - combat is engaging and requires planning without being overly punishing, platforming is zippy and feels great, and the puzzles make you feel smart without being too difficult. Overall, I'm head over heels with this game.

Also picked up Rogue Legacy 2. I'm extremely fond of the first Rogue Legacy. It was the first "Roguelite" title to ever properly click with me. I loved its approach to progression and it had such addictive loop that made the game impossible to put down. Rogue Legacy 2 takes that formula and expands on it, adding both more "metroidvania unlocks" ala Dead Cells, but also adding more single run items that make each run feel unique and chaotic. It's utterly brilliant.