Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OniriA

It's new name is..

addtext-com-MTEw-Nj-E4-Mz-E1-ODA.jpg

Do you think it will herald the end of the world as prophesied by our ancient forefathers?

Discuss.

The only thing that will happen, is that we run out of letters in the Roman alphabet before we have to use the Cyrillic alphabet in order to attach a letter to each and every variation, nothing more . . .

Since the image took a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnng while to load on my compy, for whatever reason, I only had the thread title and a cryptic message to go on. So I interpreted it as people having come up with a new name for the article "it". I'm kind of disappointed it's just more covid stuff instead.

7 minutes ago, Apprentice said:

The only thing that will happen, is that we run out of letters in the Roman alphabet before we have to use the Cyrillic alphabet in order to attach a letter to each and every variation, nothing more . . .

They're using letters from the Greek alphabet, not the Roman alphabet.

3 hours ago, OniriA said:

Do you think it will herald the end of the world as prophesied by our ancient forefathers?

In a more roundabout way, it kinda already has.

For those out of the loop, there's a new variety of Covid out of South Africa which has been dubbed the Omicron variant. 

It's heavily mutated, which has a lot of people concerned. However, it's not clear yet whether those mutations are especially dangerous yet.

Welp, I hope, we won't get into lockdown mode again, because I prefer to have my studies in-person than online. 

I just hope that the virus doesn't mutate so many times that not even the vaccines can do the job. That would be the worse situation.

And the mutation naming is turning into a joke...what's next? japanese alphabet to name a mutation?

32 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

The deal you're being offered is a sweet one: Do right by yourself and you'll do right by others at the very same time... It's a win-win, so I suggest you strike that bargain as soon as you can...

but muh freedom

1 hour ago, leodoom85 said:

I just hope that the virus doesn't mutate so many times that not even the vaccines can do the job. That would be the worse situation.

And the mutation naming is turning into a joke...what's next? japanese alphabet to name a mutation?

It's already a lot more complicated than most people realize:2183px-Tree_diagram_of_Pango_lineages_of

cool svg version where you can read all the stuff

Even in the "simplified for plebs" Greek letter system, many of the letters were already taken by variants of less interest/concern many months ago.

But yes, there have been concerns that a large unvaccinated population intertwined long-term with a large vaccinated population is a perfect breeding ground for producing vaccine-resilient strains, since from a statistical viewpoint it will have so many opportunities to "attempt" mutations. If something happens only one time in a trillion, but you give it a quadrillion chances to happen, it becomes rather likely.

Edited by Grazza

22 minutes ago, Major Arlene said:

but muh freedom

You spelled freedumb wrong. But yeah, I got my six (well, seven month) booster on Tuesday, and got a fancy Princess Peach band-aid. So far I have no regerts.

I know that Delta+ mutation is here. 

6 minutes ago, Grazza said:

If something happens only one time in a trillion, but you give it a quadrillion chances to happen, it becomes rather likely.

We have the unvaccinated that didn't have the time to do it for X reasons and there's the anti-vaxxers. So yeah, it never ends, as annoying as it sounds.

Btw, I have 3 shots in my body already. 2 weren't enough. *shrug*

An urgent public conference was held yesterday evening here whereby our country has basically announced another semi-lockdown per Sunday night.

The lockdown was announced during 'Black Friday' but it was an entirely different "Black friday" for many of us here.

Today, the news stated that 60 passengers infected with the transformed Omicron variant have arrived here from South Africa.

So the new variant is already here now too. 

Many people are angry about the inconsistency,incompetence and illogical nature of the rules from the political bunch (schools for children are being kept open for example even though most of the new infections are taking place there and brought home).

Riots are taking place in various cities throughout the night whereby great fires are lit (combined with explosive fireworks and bombs).

Alot of people are blaming the unvaccinated for the new restrictions here. The unvaccinated in turn  are protesting in the street saying they are living in a

new Nazi dictator state an they are the victims.   

Meanwhile at the airport a large decorated Christmas tree stands alone in the entrance plaza, surrounded by masked Marechaussee police holding machineguns..

Edited by OniriA

I was gonna make a joke and there is literally a thousand jokes I could say but I'm not even going to bother, the self importance of a few has lead us to this and we shall all suffer for their arrogance.

7 minutes ago, Crystal-Hawk_D00M said:

literally just stay inside lmao

Many people are fed up of that, vaccinated or not.

Fed up of the isolation, loneliness, hopelessness. 

The mental and psychological pandemic is the other side of this alongside the physical one but many people don't see it

before it's too late.

2003651469_11A-c7d23d7db8d4c21cf4a72b9137f92da4.jpg.a4b3afd08244bf5e9f7270aabbff23f8.jpg

We need physical contact like a plant requires water.

People shouldn't be ignorant about that fact.

18 minutes ago, Crystal-Hawk_D00M said:

It's overblown like every other variant of covid, literally just stay inside lmao. If anything, mankind will be the end of itself.

You cannot imagine how incredibly curious I am about just how you're going to explain that COVID-19 was overblown when what we're currently dealing with is the exact result of people arguing all the damn time that COVID-19 was overblown in the first place...

6 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

You cannot imagine how incredibly curious I am about just how you're going to explain that COVID-19 was overblown when what we're currently dealing with is the exact result of people arguing all the damn time that COVID-19 was overblown in the first place...

Covid itself wasn't overblown. But there's definitely some people who like to assume that every other variant is some doomsday virus.

1 minute ago, lokbustam257 said:

Hope this thread isn't one of those Covid-19 thread that mod lock in the next 6 hours

that depends on yall :)

2 hours ago, Major Arlene said:

but muh freedom

freedumb