Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revved

Doom 2 in Name Only demos [complevel -2]

Yeah, sadly the bonus level is impossible to complete due to some mapping oversight. That is unless someone edits it and includes the "fixed" file with their potential demo...

@numberjuan77 I can't see that you've set complevel in a single one of your demos, please set complevel in future demos.

from this post, https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2050460 :
- name your txt files the same as the lmp files

- don't include "Doomed Speed Demos Archive http://doomedsda.us/" anymore as it's not where the demos go now.

MAP24 UV-Max in 21:06.

d2ino24_2106.zip

Sloppy run but a first exit nonetheless. I made sure to add "-complevel 2" this time. I realize how important it is setting the complevel for PRboom and I apologize for not doing that for all my previous runs!

MAP07 UV-Max in 19:18.

d2ino7_1918.zip

Second exit. Decided to give this a go. The monster count is weird at the end of the run. In the final room, I have 372 / 373 kills and the Arachnotrons and Mancubi do not count for the remaining kills. Only the Spider Mastermind counted as the last kill. Weird stuff on Glboom.

15 minutes ago, numberjuan77 said:

Second exit. Decided to give this a go. The monster count is weird at the end of the run. In the final room, I have 372 / 373 kills and the Arachnotrons and Mancubi do not count for the remaining kills. Only the Spider Mastermind counted as the last kill. Weird stuff on Glboom.

Looking in the map in GZDB, there might be some trickery at play. Two 'Dead Simple monsters' are killed by a barrel contraption offmap and resurrected by archviles before you first see them.

The counter's behavior indicates that you have prBoom-plus's smart counter on. That is a bad idea. If an archvile resurrects a monster you fail to notice and kill again, your max will be invalid even though the smart counter says otherwise. Turn it off on the second page of OPTIONS -> SETUP -> STATUS BAR / HUD. 

27 minutes ago, numberjuan77 said:

Ahh, I understand. I'll double check the run right now. Thanks!

@rdwpa I ran my demo again with Smart Counter off and the run looks good! 415 K and 0 M left. I'll be more careful to avoid this issue in the future. Thanks again for the help!