Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

Cyberpunx: episode for doom2 finished and on idgames!

4 hours ago, nicolas monti said:

* I've noticed the darkness in your videos, believe me it doesn't look so dark in my pc, you can try with the gamma levels, maybe is something on your port configuration, or the graphic card.

Oh my bad than, sorry about that.

* On difficulty I'll keep in mind your feedback also, like the HK elevator thing, I guess it depends on how much HP you have at that moment, but in any case I can move the one of above a little further back in the corner so the player has more chances.

Feel free of comment, I think map03 is a bit salty too but I'm trying to moderate those difficulty spikes.

Thanks for the videos!

Thanks for considering that!

P.S.: thanks for subscribing I really appreciate it.

Whoa, hey! I've been a huge fan of your work for years but I'm never around to see the testing threads. Finally I get my chance!

I've only played the first three maps but will get to the others when I have a chance. As always, I adore the way you use the alpha textures. It's all unmistakably your style but the darkness gives it a moodier feel than most other maps of yours I've played. All the new pickup sprites add a nice alternate flavor too. Some of them can be confusing until you get a hang of which represents what, but I think that's part of the fun.

Map01 is nasty but a great intro map. I felt unprepared and under-equipped for a lot of it, which I liked. Wasn't expecting those fast demons! The best part is the early baron turret who you don't have the ammo to deal with until halfway through the map. I didn't have trouble with it, but I can see some players missing the switch that opens the path to the exit. You may want to add a light or something to highlight it.

Map02: Wonderful little city-type map with way more gameplay in it than you expect from the small size. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to avoid damage on that lift that raises to put you toe to toe with a hell knight. Seems like if you're low on health there you just have to restart the map. Maybe it would be more fair if there was a berserk pack right on the lift? Not sure about the midi either, but weird music selections seem to be a Nicolas Monti signature at this point.

Map03 has got some cruel ambushes, but I felt like a million bucks when I outsmarted them. Gorgeous outdoor areas. Those crushers plus the archvile can result in quite a few ghost monsters if you're not fast. Thankfully I had enough rockets to kill the ghosts with splash damage, otherwise they would have haunted me for the rest of the map. A complete delight, this one.

22 hours ago, Ryath (aka scwiba) said:

Whoa, hey! I've been a huge fan of your work for years but I'm never around to see the testing threads. Finally I get my chance!

I've only played the first three maps but will get to the others when I have a chance. As always, I adore the way you use the alpha textures. It's all unmistakably your style but the darkness gives it a moodier feel than most other maps of yours I've played. All the new pickup sprites add a nice alternate flavor too. Some of them can be confusing until you get a hang of which represents what, but I think that's part of the fun.

Map01 is nasty but a great intro map. I felt unprepared and under-equipped for a lot of it, which I liked. Wasn't expecting those fast demons! The best part is the early baron turret who you don't have the ammo to deal with until halfway through the map. I didn't have trouble with it, but I can see some players missing the switch that opens the path to the exit. You may want to add a light or something to highlight it.

Map02: Wonderful little city-type map with way more gameplay in it than you expect from the small size. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to avoid damage on that lift that raises to put you toe to toe with a hell knight. Seems like if you're low on health there you just have to restart the map. Maybe it would be more fair if there was a berserk pack right on the lift? Not sure about the midi either, but weird music selections seem to be a Nicolas Monti signature at this point.

Map03 has got some cruel ambushes, but I felt like a million bucks when I outsmarted them. Gorgeous outdoor areas. Those crushers plus the archvile can result in quite a few ghost monsters if you're not fast. Thankfully I had enough rockets to kill the ghosts with splash damage, otherwise they would have haunted me for the rest of the map. A complete delight, this one.

Thanks a lot for your wording! I've just managed to fix those annoyances, the not so evident switch in map01 and the HK elevator ambush in map02, still an ambush but I think there is more time to react and maneuvre this time, we'll see if I had to tweak it again.

Now map07: substrate

https://www.mediafire.com/file/etpp65lzn1ypnwf/dark07.wad/file

Screenshot_Doom_20211117_214755.png

Screenshot_Doom_20211117_210613.png

Screenshot_Doom_20211117_210327.png

On 11/13/2021 at 9:46 PM, azerty said:

Try using hardware acceleration with "Doom Legacy" settings, if this is GZDoom. 

On 11/14/2021 at 3:23 PM, nicolas monti said:

* I've noticed the darkness in your videos, believe me it doesn't look so dark in my pc, you can try with the gamma levels, maybe is something on your port configuration, or the graphic card.

I've finally found out that on GZ Doom, if you use Doom Software render or True Color SW renderer, the maps get a lot darker and some lighting effects don't exactly work.  This however seems more consistent if you use Doom/Vanilla/Dark as sector light mode. In these 3 modes, sector brightness is different

I usually use Standard or Doom legacy mode as sector light and it works a lot better.

Having played a bit more, I know I said in my last post that I liked the new item graphics, but one of them isn't working for me: the armor bonus. I just don't see how we're supposed to look at that sprite and think "armor bonus", but that's the only one I don't like.

Map04: Such a clever, funny concept. As if an AI on a space station created a forest out of available pipes and other random components. I thought the resources were insanely low, but I realized later that I'd missed a sizeable cache of ammo. So it was mostly my fault. Ambushes weren't quite as tough as in 02 and 03 but the difficulty for me came from scarce ammo and having to resort to rockets in tight quarters.

Map05: Absolute banger. Can't say enough good things about this one. Possibly your best looking map in my opinion, and the difficulty feels perfect (for the most part). That fast spiderdemon is terrifying. I have no clue how many HP it has because I never brought one of them down. The only way I made it out alive was getting them to infight and then booking it for the end. The only thing I don't like is how much the difficulty varies depending on which way you go from the start. I kept dying over and over until I finally settled on a route that started with the SSG to the left of the start (and all the ammo/armor nearby) -- then it was a breeze to survive the early parts.

Map06. Love this too. Super fun starting room and just as awesome when you get out to the rest of the map. Seems easier than the others, though. I think I only died once on this map. Sectors 120 and 136 may be flagged damaging by mistake -- at least they didn't seem like they should be damaging to me.

@nicolas monti Played maps 6 and 7, both were great!

Map06 is easier than the others, and except for the blue key ambush it's a nice little break from the other maps. The combat isn't as inspired or intricate as your other entries, it's mostly just shooting straight forward and slowly advancing, but I thought it was fine.

The initial shootout is cool, but it would be even cooler if there were explosive barrels on top of the crates! It would make the fight much more fun and faster to deal with. Place them in couples, so that when you shoot one, the other barrels fall off the crates and explode on the ground!

The lighting outside is kinda lame. It's very bright, which doesn't fit with how the other maps look. I suggest doing something like Centauri's map07, specifically the opening area. In fact, it would be awesome to see you do more lighting similar to Alpha Centauri, it's very distinctive from your other works!

The BK ambush I mentioned earlier is the hardest part of the map. It's cramped, as always, and the small cover you get isn't enough when you have like a dozen more monsters ganging up on you. My strategy is to run straight to the archie and feed him as many plasma balls as I can. It's very RNG-dependant, but it's the fastest way to do it.

Nothing else to say about it, it's a nice straightforward map.

Now, Map07. This one has a lot of potential!

It's a cool mineshaft adventure, tons of demons and tons of darkness. This one's a lot more dark than the other maps in this set, which is a bit annoying at first but after a couple minutes you get used to it.

The first big ambush with the RL is annoying to deal with. It's cramped, there's tons of enemies, an archvile, and the rocket launcher is pretty much useless. You can't kill many enemies with it due to how the lockers block the splash damage. I suggest making some of the lockers lower when you press the purple sign switch. That way you can clean up the area with the RL, and the archvile would be more of a threat.

The yellow key fight can turn out really bad if you don't find the secret soulsphere. Pro tip to those who haven't played it, check the lockers! 

It was about this point on the map when I realized: "This big gray cave doesn't fit with the rest of the mapset..." It would be awesome if you did something like the tech trees in map04, where natural elements such as trees, rocks and water are replaced by technologic materials like circuit boards, pipes, screens and panels. I can't describe exactly what it would look like, but think of the Citadel from Half-Life 2, something like that.

Anyways, the secret invisibility sphere should be visible from the jail corridor with the shotgunguys. Place it on a pedestal so that the player can see it through the bars.

That's about it. The fights are a lot more distinctive and memorable in this map, and it doesn't drag out unnecesarily. Very well done!

So I played map 03. This was I think better than the others but still most of the things I said form map 02 and map 01 can sill be said about that map. But I think it is a bit easier than the first 2. I don't have really that much to say about it. I just wanted to say sorry for taking so long and also that I am not sure I will be able to play all your maps. I have a big list of to play maps and my exams are nearing so sorry about that. I still hope the vid helps.

On 11/18/2021 at 8:16 AM, DarkIceCyclone said:

Try using hardware acceleration with "Doom Legacy" settings, if this is GZDoom. 

I've finally found out that on GZ Doom, if you use Doom Software render or True Color SW renderer, the maps get a lot darker and some lighting effects don't exactly work.  This however seems more consistent if you use Doom/Vanilla/Dark as sector light mode. In these 3 modes, sector brightness is different

I usually use Standard or Doom legacy mode as sector light and it works a lot better.

Glad to hear you found the solution for playing the wad without that frustration of being too dark!

On 11/19/2021 at 12:14 AM, Ryath (aka scwiba) said:

Having played a bit more, I know I said in my last post that I liked the new item graphics, but one of them isn't working for me: the armor bonus. I just don't see how we're supposed to look at that sprite and think "armor bonus", but that's the only one I don't like.

Map04: Such a clever, funny concept. As if an AI on a space station created a forest out of available pipes and other random components. I thought the resources were insanely low, but I realized later that I'd missed a sizeable cache of ammo. So it was mostly my fault. Ambushes weren't quite as tough as in 02 and 03 but the difficulty for me came from scarce ammo and having to resort to rockets in tight quarters.

Map05: Absolute banger. Can't say enough good things about this one. Possibly your best looking map in my opinion, and the difficulty feels perfect (for the most part). That fast spiderdemon is terrifying. I have no clue how many HP it has because I never brought one of them down. The only way I made it out alive was getting them to infight and then booking it for the end. The only thing I don't like is how much the difficulty varies depending on which way you go from the start. I kept dying over and over until I finally settled on a route that started with the SSG to the left of the start (and all the ammo/armor nearby) -- then it was a breeze to survive the early parts.

Map06. Love this too. Super fun starting room and just as awesome when you get out to the rest of the map. Seems easier than the others, though. I think I only died once on this map. Sectors 120 and 136 may be flagged damaging by mistake -- at least they didn't seem like they should be damaging to me.

Thanks man, you did the right thing in map05, it's useless to waste ammo on the spiders, there isn't even enough of it to kill them, you have to endure the first one until the second comes out.

I'll see what can I do with the resorce distribution you mention.

Map06 is intended to be easier because of the last three intended to be harder.

On 11/19/2021 at 5:09 PM, Cacodemon187 said:

@nicolas monti Played maps 6 and 7, both were great!

Map06 is easier than the others, and except for the blue key ambush it's a nice little break from the other maps. The combat isn't as inspired or intricate as your other entries, it's mostly just shooting straight forward and slowly advancing, but I thought it was fine.

The initial shootout is cool, but it would be even cooler if there were explosive barrels on top of the crates! It would make the fight much more fun and faster to deal with. Place them in couples, so that when you shoot one, the other barrels fall off the crates and explode on the ground!

The lighting outside is kinda lame. It's very bright, which doesn't fit with how the other maps look. I suggest doing something like Centauri's map07, specifically the opening area. In fact, it would be awesome to see you do more lighting similar to Alpha Centauri, it's very distinctive from your other works!

The BK ambush I mentioned earlier is the hardest part of the map. It's cramped, as always, and the small cover you get isn't enough when you have like a dozen more monsters ganging up on you. My strategy is to run straight to the archie and feed him as many plasma balls as I can. It's very RNG-dependant, but it's the fastest way to do it.

Nothing else to say about it, it's a nice straightforward map.

Now, Map07. This one has a lot of potential!

It's a cool mineshaft adventure, tons of demons and tons of darkness. This one's a lot more dark than the other maps in this set, which is a bit annoying at first but after a couple minutes you get used to it.

The first big ambush with the RL is annoying to deal with. It's cramped, there's tons of enemies, an archvile, and the rocket launcher is pretty much useless. You can't kill many enemies with it due to how the lockers block the splash damage. I suggest making some of the lockers lower when you press the purple sign switch. That way you can clean up the area with the RL, and the archvile would be more of a threat.

The yellow key fight can turn out really bad if you don't find the secret soulsphere. Pro tip to those who haven't played it, check the lockers! 

It was about this point on the map when I realized: "This big gray cave doesn't fit with the rest of the mapset..." It would be awesome if you did something like the tech trees in map04, where natural elements such as trees, rocks and water are replaced by technologic materials like circuit boards, pipes, screens and panels. I can't describe exactly what it would look like, but think of the Citadel from Half-Life 2, something like that.

Anyways, the secret invisibility sphere should be visible from the jail corridor with the shotgunguys. Place it on a pedestal so that the player can see it through the bars.

That's about it. The fights are a lot more distinctive and memorable in this map, and it doesn't drag out unnecesarily. Very well done!

Thanks for the feedback, map06 is intended to be easier as I said above. I'll see how it goes with your barrel strategy suggestion. The map was intened also to be lighter but I may change that, setting the outside are darker as the other maps.

I'll also take some of the suggestions for map07, maybe you mean replacing the lava pit rock textures with techy ones? I'll check how they fit with the rest of the map's mood. The pedestal for the invisivility item it's a good idea.

I' working on map08 now, it's bigger so it's taking more time.

Edited by nicolas monti

Two more great maps. I really like the change of scenery that map07 provides. It's "out of place" in a way but I don't think that's bad or something that needs to be corrected. Some of @Cacodemon187's suggestions for aesthetic changes could be interesting though. I also didn't have too much trouble with the first ambush and was fine using the rocket launcher -- assuming I was ready for the fight. Once I knew what was coming, I was able to carve a path to the right side and take out the archvile in no time using the RL, and then hold that position. But the first time I tried the fight I died almost instantly by blowing myself up. Not the strongest map in the wad but I like it a lot.

Map08 is another one of your best ones. Really ties all the elements of the visual theme together and that final arena is foreboding as hell. Funny, though, I thought it was one of the easiest fights in the map because of the invuln spheres! I also wasn't sure how to get around the spider mastermind the first time, and it was just luck whether I survived running around it. Is there something I'm missing? (I know that once you get to the other side it can be crushed, but that initial mad dash was a crapshoot.) The two long nukage tunnels at the north end of the map aren't flagged as damaging, by the way. And sectors 73, 78, and 80 are damaging when they shouldn't be.

Very much looking forward to the last map!

On 11/22/2021 at 10:47 PM, nicolas monti said:

Screenshot_Doom_20211122_191843.png

Neat looking room, reminds me of a similar one in Ancient Aliens MAP29.

Cyberpunx: Map 01 to Map 07

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum

Deaths → a lot

Saves → not much

This Gameplay is not in private, so a little support does not hurt, a like and comment, please...

I would like to give a great review for each level played here, and it is that there is enough to talk, but for now I do not find the energy to do this type of thing, therefore, tomorrow I promise to bring a critic / opinion about me experience on these maps that I have played. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I appreciate the attention to the message, very happy night or happy morning for all.

On 11/21/2021 at 2:42 PM, azerty said:

So I played map 03. This was I think better than the others but still most of the things I said form map 02 and map 01 can sill be said about that map. But I think it is a bit easier than the first 2. I don't have really that much to say about it. I just wanted to say sorry for taking so long and also that I am not sure I will be able to play all your maps. I have a big list of to play maps and my exams are nearing so sorry about that. I still hope the vid helps.

Thanks for another video and glad it wasn't that frustrating as the first 2 maps, I've already tweaked the hell knight elevator encounter in map02 to give more chances to the player to dodge. Just one map to go, I hope to star working tomorrow on it!

On 11/24/2021 at 9:23 PM, Ryath (aka scwiba) said:

Two more great maps. I really like the change of scenery that map07 provides. It's "out of place" in a way but I don't think that's bad or something that needs to be corrected. Some of @Cacodemon187's suggestions for aesthetic changes could be interesting though. I also didn't have too much trouble with the first ambush and was fine using the rocket launcher -- assuming I was ready for the fight. Once I knew what was coming, I was able to carve a path to the right side and take out the archvile in no time using the RL, and then hold that position. But the first time I tried the fight I died almost instantly by blowing myself up. Not the strongest map in the wad but I like it a lot.

Map08 is another one of your best ones. Really ties all the elements of the visual theme together and that final arena is foreboding as hell. Funny, though, I thought it was one of the easiest fights in the map because of the invuln spheres! I also wasn't sure how to get around the spider mastermind the first time, and it was just luck whether I survived running around it. Is there something I'm missing? (I know that once you get to the other side it can be crushed, but that initial mad dash was a crapshoot.) The two long nukage tunnels at the north end of the map aren't flagged as damaging, by the way. And sectors 73, 78, and 80 are damaging when they shouldn't be.

Very much looking forward to the last map!

Thanks for pointing out those mistakes on map08, the first trap in map07 is intended to make the use of the RL very challenging as you have to align its aim and it is always risky because a demon can pop up from behind a locker.

I'll probably remove one of the Inv spheres at the big toom, I succeeded the fight that way when testing but it's harder and I thought some people may complain about it.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:23 PM, Andromeda said:

Neat looking room, reminds me of a similar one in Ancient Aliens MAP29.

I've only player a couple of maps of Ancient Aliens so it's coincidental, gonna check!

8 hours ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

Cyberpunx: Map 01 to Map 07

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum

Deaths → a lot

Saves → not much

This Gameplay is not in private, so a little support does not hurt, a like and comment, please...

I would like to give a great review for each level played here, and it is that there is enough to talk, but for now I do not find the energy to do this type of thing, therefore, tomorrow I promise to bring a critic / opinion about me experience on these maps that I have played. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I appreciate the attention to the message, very happy night or happy morning for all.

Thanks a lot buddy, I'll start working on the last map soon as well as fixing and improving some minor things!

I'll check your video, by parts!!! 😅

@nicolas monti You're welcome mate, a real pleasure huh, although being honest, I have not given my criticism / point of view on the maps played previously, and I could not give it yesterday because I was very busy, but hey, right now I will go with the quick descriptions:

Map 01:

As an initial map it is not bad at all, although it has a difficulty more than considered in terms of enemy battles, if it is true that the way everything is set is a bit unusual for me, although I do know that everything is set in a futuristic place and everything, like this first map does not feel that way, but anyway, the structure that this map has is really good, at least to make this level see alive but without even having the futuristic touch Cyberpunk, but hey. Besides that a small complaint I have is about the medkits, it seems that there are not many abounding around here, which is a shame because this map is prone to causing the Marine to lose all health at any time, and unless there is a way. to be able to find the way to the berserk, the truth is that it is difficult to maintain high health there, and it is not like a soulsphere is very helpful, but anyway, I think that would be my only complaint in this place, and also for not knowing about the Berserk's secret.

Map 02:

This map really is a mess, and no, not because of the difficulty, it is still in good condition, just good, in some parts it takes trial and error, but in battles not everything is lost, in terms of If I have something to complain about, it is in the design of the map, since this site is huge, and it tends to bring severe confusion on the part of the player, since it is not known exactly where to go in the beginning to be able to make progress on it. Advancement of the level, and if something I hate, is playing maps where you must guess the location on various areas to be able to follow the progression, and it is not so much for the keys, but also for wanting to leave some ammunition in some area , and then return for it in case there is nothing ahead, or also applying this for the medikits. This map has made me go round and round to try to find areas, let alone the secrets, which is why I have ended up taking longer... I mean, I do not ask that they be simple to find but large weapons do not need puzzles just to have it on one level, more if they get very big and so on... but otherwise, the map is really entertaining and challenging, I still had a good time there.

Map 03:

Regarding map 03, the truth is that the difficulty has risen one step more than I would have expected, and personally I hate with superhuman strength the levels made only with toxic soils, or that the whole area is covered with it, but here I was able to make a slight exception, since not everything was the toxic soil, which is appreciated at least introducing paths where they can be crossed and so on. As for the structured map, personally there is nothing futuristic about this, beyond having lasers and things like that, since I doubt that it is a cool place to live knowing that there is radiation everywhere, but I also do not say that the place is ugly , I just feel that there are things that don't seem to fit very well on this site, but hey, the question here is actually about the way in which the progression is done on this map, since here the place is not huge, but it is It is rare to know that to progress you have to make several trips to the same place to find and activate things, as well as waiting for forests or enemy appearances in those same areas, and through narrow places such as that appearance of the Revenant and shotgunners in that area after going down the elevator with the yellow key... and finally, the area where the mancubus and the chaingunners appear, it was weird, even more so because of not knowing that there were extra chaingunners in the room top of a structure... but well, apart from all that, the map was still enjoyable, despite some cons found, I had a good time there.

Map 04:

The fourth map is already a very forced step up to the next difficulty, and on top of that, there are areas that really look horrible due to the massive amount of annoying enemies that appear, among them the Revenant and the Archviles are the that there is more spread, and to a certain extent it already becomes very irritating when it comes to dealing with this kind of enemies... but leaving that aside, the environment and the environment the truth is that they look really great, although again This doesn't have much to do with the futuristic, and the structures are a bit sparse around here, but anyway, the attempt to do something different in the mapping is appreciated, although well, I did not enjoy this map much if I'm honest, even more so because I had not realized that the BFG was in such a fucking simple secret that I ended up finding the last of all the torture, but anyway, at least I can say that the journey was not that long, and that it is appreciated not it has been e xpandido for more areas, since it did not end up feeling as long as the following maps to mention...

Map 05:

With this map the truth... that the exploration in the city site became worse, since being more enormous and having enough elements without some way of having a precise location to go, I made a total problem driving with the Marine, so I guess I ended up skipping some things that maybe were essential for a non-jumping gameplay, but hey, I'd done that before anyway, so guessing where to go here was a little more painful than in Map 02, but if I had to say something, it is without a doubt, the SpiderMaster Mind that has much more health than a Cyberdemon, almost triple health... and that personally it was tedious to have to search a way to kill that monster that was rolling everywhere, since I imagine that the purpose of it being there is to serve as a major distractor to delay having to get all the keys and kill the enemies on duty, but personally it doesn't work iona for me, so killing that thing was more than reasonable, but doing it twice, it was already taking the map a bit far... I didn't have a big problem with the lesser enemies than with this big thing... but removing that discontent aside, now I really liked how the map was set, this time if I was serious about being futuristic, and leaving it totally inferior to Map 02, because at least the setting and structures were really sensational.

Map 06:

We return to the toxic soils, although this time in a more curious way than the one that Map 03 had presented, and now literally everything seems to be islands or something like that, since then, structures being in the middle of places with "green liquid dangerous" it's already makes everything clear, although well first things first, the initial area is interesting, many boxes everywhere, and then we move on to the areas where you must navigate through various sites, at first difficult to understand, but that Then you can know where to go, well, every moment is really hard to overcome, because there are things that really leave a pain in the ass from so much that you are feeling it in previous maps, and well, again here you can appreciate what Technological, although it is not as proven as Map 02 and Map 05, but in any case, they have their futuristic touch because of the way the structures are made. Now touching the issue of difficulty, well again we are going to a high difficulty but for the wrong reasons, which would be more than anything because of the toxic soil that abounds everywhere, and that falling there, more receiving impacts already make the situation more hard and annoying... well, anyway, here now there are plenty of Mancubus and Hell Knights, which, not that it is the best but at least they are not as much an annoyance as the Archviles and Revenants. By the way, I enjoyed this map a little more than in Map 03, but without liking it so much.

Map 07:

At the moment, I can say that Map 07 was the worst of all (although I'm still not sure since I still have to play Map 08 and 09, they will probably take the throne from Map 07), since the class of enemies it presents, are of the most annoying that someone like me could have witnessed, except for the environment, I really like how everything looks, that everything is located in a cave full of technology, makes it something very interesting without a doubt, something that would be proud to Batman just see this, heh, but as for the enemies, and the encounters they make, they really are a total horror, since on this map, Archviles and Revenants abound again, and that does not end up being much of me. I like it... just like the trap in the area of the yellow key it was not either... but anyway, regarding the progression, I will say that at least here it is more or less good, since there are areas that are a little confusing to the human eye because well, the structures look practically the same in every nto design textures refers, and that is why it took a long time to find the exit, huh... but hey, that's not to mention the secrets that I still had to find and all because, in this Wad, find all the secrets is an almost impossible task for not understanding well the requirements that need to be done to obtain such a secret from the area...

But well, despite the discomforts present in each map and how the enemies worked in each of these, the truth is that I liked the setting and structure, they are the best if you ask me, and I really enjoyed admiring each of these things and details that each map could give me, for which, it was a great and interesting experience that I have taken, hehe

On 11/28/2021 at 12:19 PM, nicolas monti said:

All 9 maps ready!!!

Also I've made the last fight in map08 harder @Ryath (aka scwiba) more interesting now!

Map09: tech palace

Wow, the difficulty on this one is nuts. The first fight is the hardest encounter in the entire mapset up to that point. The combination of damaging sectors, super fast demons, and homing fireballs... what a nightmare. I'd suggest getting rid of the spectres at least on difficulty settings under UV -- most of my deaths were from getting blocked by them and then dying to one of the other threats.

That cyberdemon fight though... hoo boy. I really have no idea how to survive this one. Demons/mancs/archviles is hard enough, and it took me at least a dozen attempts to kill all of them. But after that it became clear there's nowhere near enough ammo to kill the beefed up cyberdemon. Gave myself full ammo just to see how much more it would take, and it required 1200 more cells to finish him off. Hard to believe he's possible to kill even with damage from infighting. So then I thought maybe I needed to distract him long enough to get to the exit, similar to the spider masterminds earlier. But there's no way infighting will distract the cyber long enough to ride the platform all the way to that switch. I'm at a loss on this one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 11/28/2021 at 6:19 PM, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

@nicolas monti You're welcome mate, a real pleasure huh, although being honest, I have not given my criticism / point of view on the maps played previously, and I could not give it yesterday because I was very busy, but hey, right now I will go with the quick descriptions:

Map 01:

As an initial map it is not bad at all, although it has a difficulty more than considered in terms of enemy battles, if it is true that the way everything is set is a bit unusual for me, although I do know that everything is set in a futuristic place and everything, like this first map does not feel that way, but anyway, the structure that this map has is really good, at least to make this level see alive but without even having the futuristic touch Cyberpunk, but hey. Besides that a small complaint I have is about the medkits, it seems that there are not many abounding around here, which is a shame because this map is prone to causing the Marine to lose all health at any time, and unless there is a way. to be able to find the way to the berserk, the truth is that it is difficult to maintain high health there, and it is not like a soulsphere is very helpful, but anyway, I think that would be my only complaint in this place, and also for not knowing about the Berserk's secret.

Map 02:

This map really is a mess, and no, not because of the difficulty, it is still in good condition, just good, in some parts it takes trial and error, but in battles not everything is lost, in terms of If I have something to complain about, it is in the design of the map, since this site is huge, and it tends to bring severe confusion on the part of the player, since it is not known exactly where to go in the beginning to be able to make progress on it. Advancement of the level, and if something I hate, is playing maps where you must guess the location on various areas to be able to follow the progression, and it is not so much for the keys, but also for wanting to leave some ammunition in some area , and then return for it in case there is nothing ahead, or also applying this for the medikits. This map has made me go round and round to try to find areas, let alone the secrets, which is why I have ended up taking longer... I mean, I do not ask that they be simple to find but large weapons do not need puzzles just to have it on one level, more if they get very big and so on... but otherwise, the map is really entertaining and challenging, I still had a good time there.

Map 03:

Regarding map 03, the truth is that the difficulty has risen one step more than I would have expected, and personally I hate with superhuman strength the levels made only with toxic soils, or that the whole area is covered with it, but here I was able to make a slight exception, since not everything was the toxic soil, which is appreciated at least introducing paths where they can be crossed and so on. As for the structured map, personally there is nothing futuristic about this, beyond having lasers and things like that, since I doubt that it is a cool place to live knowing that there is radiation everywhere, but I also do not say that the place is ugly , I just feel that there are things that don't seem to fit very well on this site, but hey, the question here is actually about the way in which the progression is done on this map, since here the place is not huge, but it is It is rare to know that to progress you have to make several trips to the same place to find and activate things, as well as waiting for forests or enemy appearances in those same areas, and through narrow places such as that appearance of the Revenant and shotgunners in that area after going down the elevator with the yellow key... and finally, the area where the mancubus and the chaingunners appear, it was weird, even more so because of not knowing that there were extra chaingunners in the room top of a structure... but well, apart from all that, the map was still enjoyable, despite some cons found, I had a good time there.

Map 04:

The fourth map is already a very forced step up to the next difficulty, and on top of that, there are areas that really look horrible due to the massive amount of annoying enemies that appear, among them the Revenant and the Archviles are the that there is more spread, and to a certain extent it already becomes very irritating when it comes to dealing with this kind of enemies... but leaving that aside, the environment and the environment the truth is that they look really great, although again This doesn't have much to do with the futuristic, and the structures are a bit sparse around here, but anyway, the attempt to do something different in the mapping is appreciated, although well, I did not enjoy this map much if I'm honest, even more so because I had not realized that the BFG was in such a fucking simple secret that I ended up finding the last of all the torture, but anyway, at least I can say that the journey was not that long, and that it is appreciated not it has been e xpandido for more areas, since it did not end up feeling as long as the following maps to mention...

Map 05:

With this map the truth... that the exploration in the city site became worse, since being more enormous and having enough elements without some way of having a precise location to go, I made a total problem driving with the Marine, so I guess I ended up skipping some things that maybe were essential for a non-jumping gameplay, but hey, I'd done that before anyway, so guessing where to go here was a little more painful than in Map 02, but if I had to say something, it is without a doubt, the SpiderMaster Mind that has much more health than a Cyberdemon, almost triple health... and that personally it was tedious to have to search a way to kill that monster that was rolling everywhere, since I imagine that the purpose of it being there is to serve as a major distractor to delay having to get all the keys and kill the enemies on duty, but personally it doesn't work iona for me, so killing that thing was more than reasonable, but doing it twice, it was already taking the map a bit far... I didn't have a big problem with the lesser enemies than with this big thing... but removing that discontent aside, now I really liked how the map was set, this time if I was serious about being futuristic, and leaving it totally inferior to Map 02, because at least the setting and structures were really sensational.

Map 06:

We return to the toxic soils, although this time in a more curious way than the one that Map 03 had presented, and now literally everything seems to be islands or something like that, since then, structures being in the middle of places with "green liquid dangerous" it's already makes everything clear, although well first things first, the initial area is interesting, many boxes everywhere, and then we move on to the areas where you must navigate through various sites, at first difficult to understand, but that Then you can know where to go, well, every moment is really hard to overcome, because there are things that really leave a pain in the ass from so much that you are feeling it in previous maps, and well, again here you can appreciate what Technological, although it is not as proven as Map 02 and Map 05, but in any case, they have their futuristic touch because of the way the structures are made. Now touching the issue of difficulty, well again we are going to a high difficulty but for the wrong reasons, which would be more than anything because of the toxic soil that abounds everywhere, and that falling there, more receiving impacts already make the situation more hard and annoying... well, anyway, here now there are plenty of Mancubus and Hell Knights, which, not that it is the best but at least they are not as much an annoyance as the Archviles and Revenants. By the way, I enjoyed this map a little more than in Map 03, but without liking it so much.

Map 07:

At the moment, I can say that Map 07 was the worst of all (although I'm still not sure since I still have to play Map 08 and 09, they will probably take the throne from Map 07), since the class of enemies it presents, are of the most annoying that someone like me could have witnessed, except for the environment, I really like how everything looks, that everything is located in a cave full of technology, makes it something very interesting without a doubt, something that would be proud to Batman just see this, heh, but as for the enemies, and the encounters they make, they really are a total horror, since on this map, Archviles and Revenants abound again, and that does not end up being much of me. I like it... just like the trap in the area of the yellow key it was not either... but anyway, regarding the progression, I will say that at least here it is more or less good, since there are areas that are a little confusing to the human eye because well, the structures look practically the same in every nto design textures refers, and that is why it took a long time to find the exit, huh... but hey, that's not to mention the secrets that I still had to find and all because, in this Wad, find all the secrets is an almost impossible task for not understanding well the requirements that need to be done to obtain such a secret from the area...

But well, despite the discomforts present in each map and how the enemies worked in each of these, the truth is that I liked the setting and structure, they are the best if you ask me, and I really enjoyed admiring each of these things and details that each map could give me, for which, it was a great and interesting experience that I have taken, hehe

I'm back! I was busy with other stuff

I'll try to answer, my english is not that fluid and this might take me a while. I'll mention the key points on each map.

01)  a point valid for all the episode, I choose the name because It sounds cool to me but not that I try to emulate some retro futuristic 80's style of some kind.

2) I'm surprised by you feeling the map as huge, the map is small for my standars but I guess that there is a lot of condensed content in a limited space.

3) the map can be a bitch at some areas, I've been told so I've lowered the difficulty, maybe it's still a bit hard towards the end.

4) yep, nothing futuristic about this one, it's inspired on blood maps like e4m4 and the secrer map of the cryptic passage.

5) it' not advisable to kill the spider until you release the second one and make them infight but I you managed to given its health and limited resources then good job!

6) the map is a bit easier than the other aside some traps, just a recess before the latter content.

7) I like you found this one a bit harder, that's my intention, I concede the layout can be confusing because of the low light and the ubiquitious rocky texture.

Thanks for putting some attention to the wad, now the 9 maps are done and with some minor adjustments it will be sent soon to idgames!

On 11/30/2021 at 11:44 PM, Ryath (aka scwiba) said:

Wow, the difficulty on this one is nuts. The first fight is the hardest encounter in the entire mapset up to that point. The combination of damaging sectors, super fast demons, and homing fireballs... what a nightmare. I'd suggest getting rid of the spectres at least on difficulty settings under UV -- most of my deaths were from getting blocked by them and then dying to one of the other threats.

That cyberdemon fight though... hoo boy. I really have no idea how to survive this one. Demons/mancs/archviles is hard enough, and it took me at least a dozen attempts to kill all of them. But after that it became clear there's nowhere near enough ammo to kill the beefed up cyberdemon. Gave myself full ammo just to see how much more it would take, and it required 1200 more cells to finish him off. Hard to believe he's possible to kill even with damage from infighting. So then I thought maybe I needed to distract him long enough to get to the exit, similar to the spider masterminds earlier. But there's no way infighting will distract the cyber long enough to ride the platform all the way to that switch. I'm at a loss on this one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good that you perceived the first fight as the hardest because it's the last map, not sure about toning it down, the best strategy is to make the monsters infight untill the bars are lowered.

About the final encounter you have to kill the cyberdemon in order to get on the raising pillar without dying, It'll take a while but there is enough ammo. Sure some infighting will help in saving plasma. I hope you did notice the lowering pillar at the center of the cathedral or nothing went wrong with the mechanism in your play.

Once you ascend you flip the switch and the exit is released.

3 hours ago, nicolas monti said:

About the final encounter you have to kill the cyberdemon in order to get on the raising pillar without dying, It'll take a while but there is enough ammo. Sure some infighting will help in saving plasma. I hope you did notice the lowering pillar at the center of the cathedral or nothing went wrong with the mechanism in your play.

Once you ascend you flip the switch and the exit is released.

Oh, I'm definitely aware of the lowering pillar. I attempted a few times to ride it up while the cyberdemon was still alive because I couldn't come anywhere near killing it. I did try again just now with god mode on and barely managed to kill it, but that's without firing a single BFG shot at any other enemy -- saving every single cell for the cyber. That's just not a viable option during normal play, at least for a player of my skill. I was only able to complete the map on ITYTD because of the extra ammo.

1 hour ago, Ryath (aka scwiba) said:

Oh, I'm definitely aware of the lowering pillar. I attempted a few times to ride it up while the cyberdemon was still alive because I couldn't come anywhere near killing it. I did try again just now with god mode on and barely managed to kill it, but that's without firing a single BFG shot at any other enemy -- saving every single cell for the cyber. That's just not a viable option during normal play, at least for a player of my skill. I was only able to complete the map on ITYTD because of the extra ammo.

I planned the fight having in mind that the cells alone won't do it so I've put a lot of rocket boxes, aside the SS.

I had enough ammo the couple of times I did the fight on UV but if I have an extra complain about the ballance I'll consider to put an extra cell box.

Do you manage the two-shot technique?

5 hours ago, nicolas monti said:

Thanks for putting some attention to the wad

You're welcome Pal, and thank you very much for having responded to my message that I had sent you with the details, I really liked it as your congratulations to me having killed those spiders with the few resources I had, heh.

By the way, how interesting that you are not very prepared about your English, do you speak a language other than English, buddy?...

I actually enjoy monti's venture into a more dickish and punishing mapping style where the player has to take on the worst kind of mobs with the most annoying placement one could come up with

8 hours ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

You're welcome Pal, and thank you very much for having responded to my message that I had sent you with the details, I really liked it as your congratulations to me having killed those spiders with the few resources I had, heh.

By the way, how interesting that you are not very prepared about your English, do you speak a language other than English, buddy?...

Not that prepared and also the fact that I write from my phone, which is a bit annoying, because the last time I plugged my computer to internet it died.

Ya sabes que idioma hablo.

7 hours ago, Firedust said:

I actually enjoy monti's venture into a more dickish and punishing mapping style where the player has to take on the worst kind of mobs with the most annoying placement one could come up with

Thanks, as long as it doesn't break the gameplay flow.. that's why testing matters among other things!

Just to notify that yesterday I've updated the file, just repeating the link from the first post.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pd599nr9on1ihq2/CYBERPNX.wad/file

The changes are minor flat mismatches in map07 as well as putting the invisibility sphere on a pedestal, changes in map06 involve putting a lot of barrels in the first section and making a couple of traps a little harder and also minor changes on the balance of the last fight of map09.

A titlepic and a logo were added as well.

I'll let this soak for a week and if nothing bad is reported I'll upload to idgames!

Edited by nicolas monti

Started my playthrough! Map 1 was cool, but very tricky until I got the SSG. That midsection ambush is ruthless (in a good way). I like the graphics and item replacements, but the goblets look a tad out of place.

Map 7 - there's a HOM in the locker room (armor on the other side)

EDIT: Yeah, this results in a soft lock because you can't leave the area once you've pressed the switch.

20 hours ago, Firedust said:

Map 7 - there's a HOM in the locker room (armor on the other side)

EDIT: Yeah, this results in a soft lock because you can't leave the area once you've pressed the switch.

Thanks man!

You mean the key room at the south with a central track and full of lockers? I can't recall an armor there.

3 hours ago, nicolas monti said:

Thanks man!

You mean the key room at the south with a central track and full of lockers? I can't recall an armor there.

Yes, that's the room! There is no armor there, you're right...

13 hours ago, princetontiger said:

nicolas, i enjoy your maps... playing this now!

Thanks man, an unfortunare error ocurred in map07 when polishing some unused textures, as @Firedust said you'll get stuck in that map.

I've just reuploaded the file to idgames so in a couple of days that'll be officialy fixed.

Fixed version, also in the first post:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t0yt6w2dl3hnxof/CYBERPNX.zip/file