Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Doom 3 model idea

I'm going to start a Doom 3 playset/model.
need help choosing a peice of sceanery, so post a pic of the most interesting sceenshot that I should base my model on.

sargebaldy said:

umm, this probably belongs in the doom3 general forum...

No, it is about an upcoming piece of art, it belongs here all right.
A screenshot you say, hmmm.
How about this? - just ignore the commando and focus on the scenery.

I am creating a doom3 "monster" model to! I am not far in progress just finished the front clawz. tweaking the joints etc. I hope I have a big part of the body finished by the end of this week. Once i finish this highreso model I am going to create local map offf it etc. I cant wait what you wil make I hope its creepy as hell.. maby you should think more in the creepyness of silent hill monsters. those rock.

once I finish the entire high reso model I am going to create a thread for it with all the conceptart, front/top/side refrences etc.

hey, maby we can release a small model pack once doom3 is finished (the first doom3 models) ahhwel, keep us posted in your progress. good to hear someone else is taking thier creativity in the direction of doom3 character modeling.

Speak of the devil (no pun intended). I'm doing a classic doom imp out of mudrock plaster. I intend to show it ASAP.

What monster's have you guys started?...I began work on the bathroom scean, started off making the fat zombie laying on the ground for a base, and planned on having the pink demon hanging over him. but canned the idea for just a standing fat zombie. Because I have know idea on how to make the mechanincal legs on his lower body of the pink demon. after I'm done the fat zombie I plan on remaking a piece of sceanery with working lights/LED'S.

Rotting Corpse said:

Dude you starting to act stuped agen.If I was the Rev, Id loser you in a hart beat.

Thankfully, you're not the Rev. A little stupidity like that does not earn him losership. Losership is only given to those who are a pain in the ass.

dsm said:

Thankfully, you're not the Rev. A little stupidity like that does not earn him losership. Losership is only given to those who are a pain in the ass.

Consider my mind eased. :)

Oh and suggestions of what paints i should use?

I am working on my own design that you can see >Here< (this is my monster WIP section, so any updates that I want to show or I have showed at some places like cgtalk.com will be put in this directory)

once the high reso model and low reso model and the localmaps are finished not any earlyer. unwrapping the baby will be a Bitch, but hey, its worth it.

Hay Evil,Im running out of idea for drawings.Do you mind if I draw your monster and post it?Ill make sure every one know its your monster.

sure .. go ahead.. maby It even helps for my modeling (diffrent perspective) anyway, I made alil rotate movie of me claw.. nothing much you can see it here thanks to a schoolbuddy of mine. but I dont want to take over this thread. because Shapeless created it. so lets go back to shapeles stuff

Why dont you make a thead aobut your monster in fan art?

Shapeless sorry about freaking out.I was realy pissed of at the world when I posted. You should make a cacodemon.

I will make a thread in 2 days when I hopefully have finished the torso.. back on topic

I don't mind if you guys post pics of your Doom sculpt's, the more the better. But I would advise Evil to make his own thread for his monster, since it is his oun creation, and so it does not confuse people into thinking it's a part of D3.