Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vqig

What Was Your Last Purchase?

XBox One controller in the black finish for that classic feel, and one month of Gamepass Ultimate, for the express purpose of playing Halo Infinite. Also picked up a badass Cowboy Bebop shirt, because I'm going crazy for that stuff while it's in style.

20211125_042314.jpg

10 minutes ago, Lemonzest said:

10TB Western Digital Elements External USB 3.0 HDD (Black Friday Sale!)

How much? Dang, I really shoulda looked for deals on Friday. Was it this one? (I hate that it only has 4 out of 5 eggs).

Yes it is that drive, but by looks of it on that site, the 12TB is only like $2 more! I got mine from UK Amazon for £155, it normal price was £200

55 minutes ago, Pegg said:

Doom 2 for the billionth time.

May I ask why? I'm just curious, because I'm still using the same disc that my Mom got me back in 1994. I've just backed up the folder onto CD's or USB's for the last 20 years. Still have the original CD as well, and I'm not sure if it works, but copying the folder from computer to computer seems to work fine.

1 hour ago, Jello said:

May I ask why? I'm just curious, because I'm still using the same disc that my Mom got me back in 1994. I've just backed up the folder onto CD's or USB's for the last 20 years. Still have the original CD as well, and I'm not sure if it works, but copying the folder from computer to computer seems to work fine.

I can't use my PC version wads on switch/consoles.

Bought some nonslip shoes and 2 black pairs of pants which I'll need cause I finally got hired for a job. Will need to buy some hair nets as well but have got no idea where to actually buy em cause they weren't at a walmart.

On 11/29/2021 at 2:14 PM, Pegg said:

I can't use my PC version wads on switch/consoles.

Ah, well that makes perfect sense then. I guess I did buy it again on the 360, but I haven't played it in years. I guess I forgot people play doom on things that aren't PC's, my bad.

AU $42 (30% off $60). Oddly, the first movie was only available in-store, while the sequel was only available to order through the retailer's website.

The HDR stickers were originally on the outer plastic wrap. The slipcovers are metallic with a gold tinge.

tKF462c.jpg

Edited by TheUltimateDoomer666 : New photo.

Supernatural violence? Oh, really? They want to spoil the scenario or what?

Just ordered 10 custom printed USB sticks, loaded with all three of my albums, to give away on Jon St. John's King Con Cruise at the end of February/beginning of March 2022! I'll be giving them out either during a panel, or while I'm composing a song on board the Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas cruise liner. Ten lucky members of the King Con Cruise party will get MP3 and WAV versions of Calibrations, Derivations, and Duke Nukem Tank Tracks! There are still cabins available, so sign up for your chance to win today!

Got this since it was discounted. The packaging consists of a fold-out Digipak that slides into the side of a sturdy, heavy slip box with an embossed cover.

Oddly, there were two different versions of this in-store. The other one I saw wasn't discounted (it was at its full price of $49.98), and was in a slightly smaller, flimsier-feeling box with no J-card (the blurb and specs were printed directly on the box). I assume the smaller one was a reissue in cheaper packaging, similar to the 4K set's packaging which is apparently very flimsy.

ja1H0C7.jpg

tk6BMIl.jpg

I got a 2TB SSD because loading stuff like Warhammer 2's map was a 10-15 minute affair and it was ticking me off, it's now down to a minute which is literally 1000% faster.

How I didn't get one till now is an absolute mystery.

jar of peanut butter, some baby tomatoes or whatever the hell they are called, a ham and swiss sandwich and a bubly because I craved flavour

On 12/14/2021 at 6:27 AM, mrthejoshmon said:

I got a 2TB SSD because loading stuff like Warhammer 2's map was a 10-15 minute affair and it was ticking me off, it's now down to a minute which is literally 1000% faster.

How I didn't get one till now is an absolute mystery.

I got a 1TB SSD back in 2014, maybe 2015. I knew they were faster, but I wasn't prepared for how fast. With the HDD the computer came with, it took about 2 minutes from power on to being in Windows, when it was essentially brand new. After I put the SSD in, it took about 15 seconds. They are one of the best options for increasing the speed of your system; I was stunned by how much faster things loaded. So welcome to the club. Mind if I ask how much you paid per GB? Because they were getting slightly cheaper when I got mine, but it was still $.50 per gigabyte, so a 1 terabyte cost around $500. Might've been a little less.

Anyway, I'm just amazed that a computer I got back in 2014 still works as well as it does, and I think the SSD tremendously helped maintain it's longevity. The new GPU and PSU to accompany probably didn't hurt, but yeah... SSD's are great. Well worth the cost. According the "Samsung Magician" it's written 43.7TB to the drive, and it's still in "good" condition. And running at 30c, or 86f. Which seems pretty good as well, nice and cool.

1 minute ago, Jello said:

Mind if I ask how much you paid per GB? Because they were getting slightly cheaper when I got mine, but it was still $.50 per gigabyte, so a 1 terabyte cost around $500. Might've been a little less.

I paid £149.99 for it, the price has significantly dropped.

Windows boots for me now almost immediately, it is absolutely day and night.

Just now, mrthejoshmon said:

I paid £149.99 for it, the price has significantly dropped.

Windows boots for me now almost immediately, it is absolutely day and night.

Good to hear. I'm glad prices haven't gone up like with GPU's, so I have something to look forward to when I look into another one. And yeah, I'm sure they've gotten better since I bought mine, so your experience will be even better.

HDD - never again. Aside from the two backups, a 1TB and a 500GB, I have in this computer, for, you know, backups. They're still slow as Hell.

This gaming mouse "model D", my model O broke today just when the warranty ran out, what a coincidence right :)... 

Fortunately I got it for a very good price.

image.png.41a9f1a521fb3c882f841d539dba6ff9.png