Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NinjaDelphox

What's a map you never get tired of playing?

This question popped up in my head while I was replaying my favorite map, Gonna Never Have to Die from BTSX1, for the 10000th time. What is some of your guys' favorite maps to constantly replay? I love Gonna Never Have to Die because it is so much fun to play, and it has my absolute #1 most favorite midi in a Doom wad ever, music is the biggest reason I play video games, and I just love listening to Womp endlessly lol.

I've replayed ngmvmt1 map09 on a whim several times. It's easy, has a kickass midi, and lets me just spam BFG everywhere and watch things die. Relaxing.

I can replay any of the maps in Dwango50.wad in a 2-8 player deathmatch at any given moment and have a good time.

39 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I can replay any of the maps in Dwango50.wad in a 2-8 player deathmatch at any given moment and have a good time.

I often treat the Dwango series as "DM maps for practice", I think it's good for players with any skill level.

1 hour ago, Pseudonaut said:

I've replayed ngmvmt1 map09 on a whim several times. It's easy, has a kickass midi, and lets me just spam BFG everywhere and watch things die. Relaxing.

For me, Ngmvmt2 Map 12 is more relaxing, it also has a lot of BFG spam and an awsome MIDI.

Lots of Heretic maps, like E1M1-E1M6, E2M3-E2M5 or E3M1-E3M5.

I finished it wand-starting on Black Plague and now I feel that the best way of playing it, unlike Doom, is on Skill 3 with -fast (and -wandstart).

Black Plague is tough, the ultimate challenge, but I would say it loses it's replay value quickly. And Smite-Meister is just boring. I have no doubt that most people that complain about Heretic's balance play on Smite-Meister because they think it should be equivalent to Ultra-Violence and then they create "rebalance" mods that buff up your weapons and nerf enemy health to "reduce grind".

I also keep discovering clever ways of dealing with encounters. There's a section in E3M4 (The Azure Fortress) where you have to deal with a few Iron Liches shooting at you through a "window" after clearing out caged weredragons. Afterwards, there's a hallway that has plenty of lowered platforms with sabreclaws on them, which pop-up all at once once you reach the end of the hallway. What I do is I pop a Shadowsphere and a Tome of Power, I use the Hellstaff rain to deal with the Iron Liches, proceed, and shoot down rain against the walls of the lowered platforms. By the time I trigger them to pop-up, all the sabreclaws are dead.

2002 ado E1M9,E2M2, E3M2,5,7

Plutonia 2 Map06,11,16,17,29

Bloodstain Map20

Scythe Map21-30

Heretic E1M4

Hexen Hubs 2,4

CPD Map05

Herian 2 Map31

Some of my favourite wads are :-

Hsfc.wad (excellent, but kept crashing) it crashed in the staff room and the car park)

Koulu.wad & Koulugfx.wad

St John‘s College Doom2 (awesome)

Trinity2.wad 

H_hotel.wad 

Xeno11.wad 

Dmuhs061.wad

Campe.wad

Schoold2.wad (M1,3-4)

Houses14.wad (all maps)

Houses.wad (M1-7, 10)

Ghoul3.wad

007ltsd.wad (all)

Sonic.wad (all)

Myhouse.wad (Noah Haskell)

Island.wad (Sean Mathews)

d2ccth10, D2citb14 & D2chnf10 (map collections). 

Game Maps - my picks 

Heretic E1m6, E1m7, E3m2-4, e5, e6m1-3

Hexen (all maps)

Doom E1m1-e4m9

Doom2 m1, m31

Tnt all maps 

@Doomlover77

Edited by Doomlover77

Dimensions map 02. Would replay it every stream/every other stream. I'll get the WR on it at some point as I've gotten times much faster than stars in practice. As meowgi would say don't pussy foot the platforming 

I always enjoy replaying the first Episode of Hell Revealed.

Map01 Bad Reception from Valiant. It gets literally everything right, right down to stewboy's excellent track, "Air". 

Maps 01, 26 and 29 from Eviternity have to be up there amongst my most played maps of all time.

There's quite a few from the first Doom: E1M1, E1M2, E1M3, E2M2, E2M4, E2M8, E3M6 in particular.

E4M7 (Vacuum Consortium. . . I think) from NEIS. I had never played a level like that before and it blew me away. I love every section of that level it looks so freaking cool.

No Chance - this was my first or second introduction to full on slaughter, I think? For me, it's pretty perfect on HMP, with enough balance of challenge and leeway. UV someday maybe :)

Sunlust's first episode - I've replayed it countless times despite still not having done a full casual playthrough. Specific favorites are Map03: Forgotten Shrine, Map04: Sol, Map08: Oneira

Italo-Doom Map01 - It's the perfect brew of nonsense.

Combat Shock 2 Map02 and Map04 - They just flow.

Scythe's Map21-26 - I like hell aesthetic, okay?

Flotsam Map12 - Silly BFG-fest.

Back to Saturn X E1M1 - It's the atmosphere.

For me it's easily the best parts of E2 in Doom 1993, E2M1, E2M2, E2M4, E2M6 ofc, E2M7 and E2M8 never get old for me.

I probably have played E2 more than the other episodes and Doom 2 combined.

Is something wrong with me?

SUUUUUUUNDER

I wind up playing the first 3-4 levels over and over trying to no-death as far as I can.

Although last year's Caco winner Bastion of Chaos is a close runner-up.  So many fights that seem impossible - and then you make an inch of progress and ANOTHER impossible challenge overtop of the one you're already dealing with.  But then somehow you find a way to get through it, and next thing you know it's something you can get a no-hit run on.

Magic, I tell ya.

Seeing a lot of cool choices! I thought of a few others I never get tired of playing; Dirty Water from BTSX2, Across the Blood Sea from TNTR, and Mind Trap from HR2 are also maps I really enjoy playing a lot.