Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

Oops! wrong one. This one is converted.

BTW, grab and use as you wish with any I post on this thread.

RRAV1.png

Edited by Borg

Does anyone have/know about any dark blue sky that's 256x128? Kinda like the first sky in Equinox. Most of the skies I find tend to be 1024x128, but I want one to use with Boom's sky transfer and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work with textures longer than 256. 

4 minutes ago, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

Does anyone have/know about any dark blue sky that's 256x128? Kinda like the first sky in Equinox. Most of the skies I find tend to be 1024x128, but I want one to use with Boom's sky transfer and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work with textures longer than 256. 

It works fine.

9 hours ago, RetroAkaMe said:

Some Sand

sand.png.941943aaa7bf4ded06a69d10d74df98a.png

Golden sand? OOHH, SHINY!! Though I already have big nice sand texture that I'm using, I'm saving it for that future beach texture I want to make and use (I've got some cute tiny stuff like starfishes and seashells that's just asking for this).

1 hour ago, ViolentBeetle said:

It works fine.

Thanks. After some testing and doing some research, I discovered I had very incorrect ideas about Boom texture sizes...

Bloody tech door I ended up putting in one of my maps for the Ultimate TWANGO Project:

~ shameless plug I know..

TWBDOR1.png.61d9f34ae58d191be41c65d496801fa1.png

Man, those mastermind brain textures are inventive, great work on those edits all-around.

Merry Skinmas, everyone.

8 hours ago, ItsNatureToDie said:

Early Christmas, Hanukkah, and/or Kwanzaa present.More Skin edits, with the Spidermasterminds mind as a base for another type of hell texture as well as the damaged bits from W102_1 and W102_2 for the demons spaghetti, Also edit the damage to Nootrac457 64 wide skin(

W103_2  damaged Nootrac457 64 skin texture.pngW103_2 damage.pngHells Spaghetti Spidermaster Skins and such.PNG

Master at work. Sorry, I have no other words. Things like this makes me think about returning to a classical "gore & Hell" Doom style that I almost abandoned for now.

On 12/20/2021 at 5:11 AM, ItsNatureToDie said:

Early Christmas, Hanukkah, and/or Kwanzaa present.More Skin edits, with the Spidermasterminds mind as a base for another type of hell texture as well as the damaged bits from W102_1 and W102_2 for the demons spaghetti, Also edit the damage to Nootrac457 64 wide skin(

[stuff]

wonderful. have i said how much i like biomechanical / skintech? 

On 12/20/2021 at 7:11 AM, ItsNatureToDie said:

More Skin edits, with the Spidermasterminds mind as a base for another type of hell texture

At last, we can build the sector brain!

33 minutes ago, Eggman07 said:

Anyone know any good bookcase textures?

You could take a look at tenebrae.wad and “lost civilization,” both wads have collected a bunch of bookcase textures in them

1 minute ago, RDETalus said:

Você poderia dar uma olhada em tenebrae.wad e em “lost civilization”, ambos os wads coletaram um monte de texturas de estante de livros neles

I know it's very specific, but can you tell me if you know textures from blueprints from projects, lab objects and stuff like that?

A secret room of my map contains an abandoned laboratory that houses an explosive shotgun. I would like paper textures from gun designs, lab objects too, to decorate everything and give the impression that the weapon in question was developed on site.

I would make the textures, but it takes a lot of tact to create good pixel art.

@K_Doom
I gave blank blueprint a shot, 64x64 flat
One paletted and one truecolour respectively, since I find blue to be tough.

image.png.d877ef5db8b69078b01f72822532cdd9.pngimage.png.f5b2b7d3bef4d2f08dacc3c503ae3841.png

Hopefully this will at least be a bit useful.

9 hours ago, K_Doom said:

I know it's very specific, but can you tell me if you know textures from blueprints from projects, lab objects and stuff like that?

That's a tough one, here are the best sources I can come up with:

Soldier of Fortune:
https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/component/docman/?task=doc_download&gid=987&Itemid=
You can find modern real world textures in this texture pack. There are a lot of nice textures to make a laboratory.

Lost Civilization MAP13:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/MAP13:_City_Centre_(Lost_Civilization)

The shooting range near the beginning of the level almost looks like a gun design laboratory.

Lost Civilization MAP18:
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/MAP18:_Laboratory_(Lost_Civilization)

This entire map is a laboratory. A lot of nice textures and good examples and designs to look at.

11 hours ago, K_Doom said:

There are colored vials and such on Realm667.

Also, Chex Quest has a bunch of lab equipment and textures, though they're a bit more cartoony than "standard" Doom textures.

17 hours ago, kwc said:

@K_Doom
I gave blank blueprint a shot, 64x64 flat
One paletted and one truecolour respectively, since I find blue to be tough.

image.png.d877ef5db8b69078b01f72822532cdd9.pngimage.png.f5b2b7d3bef4d2f08dacc3c503ae3841.png

Hopefully this will at least be a bit useful.

Thank you very much, I have a good idea for these flats.

12 hours ago, RDETalus said:

That's a tough one, here are the best sources I can come up with:

Soldier of Fortune:
https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/component/docman/?task=doc_download&gid=987&Itemid=
You can find modern real world textures in this texture pack. There are a lot of nice textures to make a laboratory.

Lost Civilization MAP13:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/MAP13:_City_Centre_(Lost_Civilization)

The shooting range near the beginning of the level almost looks like a gun design laboratory.

Lost Civilization MAP18:
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/MAP18:_Laboratory_(Lost_Civilization)

This entire map is a laboratory. A lot of nice textures and good examples and designs to look at.

Thanks for the sources, this will help a lot.