Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Vote for your favorite planet!

Planetary Poll  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the solar system's seven non-Earth planets is your favorite? (and why?)

Tbh I never listened to the whole suite. When I played in an orchestra we did Mars and Jupiter but that's it. My vote actually goes to Neptune for it's cool blue, and relation to waters in mythology. Got the Neptune Browning Buckmark pistol to boot

Spoiler

cq5dam.web.835.835.jpeg

I had a marble that looked just like an artist's rendition of Neptune when I was a kid. Have a soft spot for it, even though blue isn't something I'd call one of my favorite colors normally.... It just looks right on that planet. I also had a little model solar system thing that I put together for a school project, I loved that thing.

I'm actually picking Uranus though, because I honestly can't separate the two, and I remember when I was in school, they had these beautiful renditions of Uranus and its lopsided rings, and lots of the renditions put it in as beautiful of a blue as Neptune!

Unless this is a Mormon situation WHO CARES??!

Ok, I kid, Saturn. It's really no contest: the fake colors are kewl, but also, big swankin' rings and a surprising amount of cool moons (though the Jovian moons are interesting for other reasons.

One time, I was using a telescope to look at Saturn's rings. In a complete stroke of luck, a satellite or airplane managed to pass in between my telescope and Saturn at the same exact moment that I accidentally bumped my telescope out of alignment,

So basically, I was looking at Saturn, I saw a massive flash of light, then I saw nothing except black space. I thought I just saw Saturn explode.

Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, Pluto, so hard to choose. I picked Jupiter because of it's atmospheric bands, etc.

Earth. The only  planet around that can bear life. thats pretty cool, consider that space is dead.

Joking aside, Venus planet where can be metal rain is top tier in my book.

Edited by INfront95

Seeing Saturn through a really powerful telescope, able to clearly make out the ring, was a really marvellous experience. I voted for Pluto though, I feel bad for it, like it’s a bit of an underdog since being demoted. Mercury also gets suspiciously little love..

Is it just me that is amused by the fact that the closest planet to Earth has almost the exact same size as our planet? Both have a diameter of 12000 something kilometers.

Uranus, because it's always the...butt... of the joke. But also because it's color, it's axis/ sideways ring, the diamond rain, it's crazy distance from the sun, and...because I just think it's cool. (Although scientifically, it's cold. Very cold.) 

Mars because of Doom's story and all. Also because I like the orange-ish look of the planet and the fact that has the highest chance of having/sustaining any lifeform.

Saturn would be in 2nd place for me.

Saturn = Capricorn= Motorhead= Totally bad ass. 

Wish I could go back to it

X

Episode 3...

Hard choice, nearly picked Neptune for the sheer violence of its atmosphere. Ultimately went with Pluto because it's the closest thing to Yuggoth on the list.

How is this even fair with Saturn on the list? Someone drew a hexagon on its pole, that's cool as hell! Oh and it has the easiest-to-see ring system. Voting for ya boi Saturn. 

21 hours ago, Argent Agent said:

Saturn, not for the rings or for its low density or for the hexagonal structure at its northern pole, but because it has Titan and other interesting moons and the planet won't kill you with ionizing radiation like Jupiter will.

Plus there might be life in the oceans under the ice crusts of some; though likely it will be like the seafloor of earth rather than sentient life.

Some very good points already made in favour of Saturn (rings, hexagon and its moons Titan and Enceladus). I'll add two things: the Phoebe Ring, arguably the largest planet-related structure in the solar system, and the fact that Titan is the only known place in the solar system (apart from Earth) where you could walk on the surface without a pressurized suit. OK, you'd need a very warm jacket and a supply of breathable air, but you wouldn't have to worry about your head exploding or imploding. And apparently you could also fly by flapping wing-like arm attachments. LOL

Edited by Grazza

Venus is interesting. Also Uranus, Neptune and Pluto with their moons Miranda, Triton and Charon respectively. Ended up voting Mercury out of pity. At least you get a nice view of the Sun there.

I like Venus. Named after the goddess of love, it's one of the most hostile places in all the solar system. It has a surface temperature of around 735 K (462 °C; 864 °F) due to its runaway greenhouse effect and a pressure 93 times heavier than the Earth. There's constant lightning storms, the clouds are stained yellow with sulfur and when it rains, it rains sulfuric acid. 

To quote Carl Sagan "Venus is the one place in the solar system most like hell "