<Music>

What do you think of it?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of it?

• good
    • didn\'t like it
    • interesting
    • what is this?

Sick of your music? Tired of American or some other country's crappy taste in popular music? Take a hike and shit here ==> -infected mushroom-

This may be like nothing you've heard before or not...

Some friends and I were going to make a band called "Shellfish Diaspora", but it hasn't been arranged quite yet. :) It was going to have my friend on guitar, me on tenor sax and accordian, another on baritone/keyboard and the last one doing backup vocals. I have no damn clue what type of genre it could be considered to be.

I stopped listening to normal music a long time ago. If it's something on the radio, it sickens me to hear it. No matter how good it is, everything gets overplayed. I never listen to music in my car. I don't even think I've tried out the stereo in it yet.

Just game music for me lately. Occasionally I'll listen to KMFDM or some other non-mainstream stuff, but not often anymore.

elbryan42 said:

Just game music for me lately. Occasionally I'll listen to KMFDM or some other non-mainstream stuff, but not often anymore.

Cool -- I thought I was the only one who listened to the Castlevania: SOTN soundtrack and to KMFDM. Elbryan, did you ever hear MDFMK?

MagnuM said:

I went expecting something like a recent music related thread, but surprisingly this stuff ain't bad at all.

any streaming audio/video sucks my ass.
that has nothing (directly) to do with your post though.

I'll stick with my old fogie [rock soft-rock pop] music and stand-up comedy albums. Also a few instrumentals as well.

BTW, yes I'm 17.

elbryan42 said:

I stopped listening to normal music a long time ago. If it's something on the radio, it sickens me to hear it.

You're stupid.

i only played two tracks and wasn't impressed, i'll bookmark and listen more later

elbryan42 said:

froth

i hate to burst your bubble but kmfdm is just as, if not far more watered-down and simplistic then a lot of the generipop on the radio/mtv today.

and wtf is 'normal' music?

Hey, this is my chance to ask a question.

I started listening to Skinny Puppy recently and I really like their stuff, especially this one ambient track called "Haunted". What other bands do that kind of music?

ohgr is the solo project of skinny puppy's singer and is far better then anything that puppy's ever done

:wumpscut: isn't the exact same sound but is probably the best true industrial act around

I dont know. Wumpscut is pretty cool, but their music starts to get on my nerves if I listen for too long.

you aren't listening to Music For A Slaughtering Tribe are you? :P

MagnuM said:

It's alright. Not quite my taste in music, though.

Hey, I saw one of their records in a local cd store once.

Too bad I'm not that interested in psychedelic trance (I am positive about it though).

Yes, I know MDFMK, and love them! Wish they would've released more than one album (and one other song) before KMFDM was brought back. I have all KMFDM stuff (still need to find Strum & Drang to buy), Excessive Force, and MDFMK. Still have to find the En Esch cds and Slick Idiot (impossible to find in Canada).

And how is being sick of mainstream music making me stupid? Lately hearing a song with vocals (and crappy, repetitive, background music) just pisses me off. I feel that listening to a song that lets the instruments speak for themselves is more soothing and enjoyable than hearing a basic sample replayed.

Thus I love Castlevania music, and listen to it more than anything else. Heck, I'm listening to SOTN right now, then Rondo of Blood.

I only thing that is worng with areacan music is this whole Nu-metal crap.I reamber the days when Megadeth,Slayer and Pantera were the best out there.korn,limp bizkit and linken Park need to die in a 50 car pile up.

OhGr is in NO WAY better than original Skinny Puppy was. It's different, and certainly still good, but you just can't beat cEvin Key's prime material.

I've been an avid fan of Puppy and their various side projects for years; I consider SP's best albums to be Too Dark Park and Bites/Remission, but my favorite out of all the material is probably Download's The Eyes of Stanley Pain, which is the most awesome fusion of industrial, electronic, noise and ambient imaginable.

:Wumpscut: is good, but gets WAY too repetitive, especially if you listen to his earlier stuff where he puts the same damn distortion filter on EVERY SINGLE SONG (e.g. Music for a Slaughtering Tribe and Embryodead). In terms of industrial music, I prefer stuff like Coil, Cabaret Voltaire, Foetus, Einstürzende Neubauten, Throbbing Gristle and Pop Will Eat Itself; the older, odder, harsher and more bizarre stuff. Most music that's categorized as industrial these days is more akin to EBM, which is basically a fusion of dance/trance, synthpop, industrial and goth, and encompasses such groups as VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk and Velvet Acid Christ(ugh).

In terms of more recent industrial and industrial-influenced electronic material, I prefer Snog, Soma, Meat Beat Manifesto, KOMPRESSOR (DOES NOT DANCE), Haujobb and FLA. Soma's more atmospheric and ominous, while MBM is very dub-influenced. There's also some really good dnb and drill&bass that's very industrial-influenced, such as Panacea.

And now, for some sitewhoring: I've been working with music software for about 8 years now, and my stuff ranges from melodic ambient to harsh industrial and dnb. It's at http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ubik/ , and my most recent material is in the Albums link.

[/end rant]

OMG MAINSTREAM MUSIC SUCKS COS LOTS OF PEOPLE LIKE IT LOL SO I MUST LIKE OBSCURE MUSIC THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE LIKE LOL COS IT IS COOL LOL BUT IF IT BECOMES POPULAR LOL I WI LL NOT LIKE IT ANYMORE!!!!11111 LOL

ZarcyB said:

OMG MAINSTREAM MUSIC SUCKS COS LOTS OF PEOPLE LIKE IT LOL SO I MUST LIKE OBSCURE MUSIC THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE LIKE LOL COS IT IS COOL LOL BUT IF IT BECOMES POPULAR LOL I WI LL NOT LIKE IT ANYMORE!!!!11111 LOL

Notice I never said anything about not liking popular music. Pigfucker.

Ubik said:

Notice I never said anything about not liking popular music. Pigfucker.

Uh, notice it wasn't really directed at anyone, let alone you. I know a lot of people who are like that in their attitude to music, which I think is stupid. Just because something is popular doesn't make it bad, although I do admit quite a lot of "pop" music is pretty shitty. But I'm not going to stop liking something just because it becomes more popular, that's just stupid.

And again Ubik, that wasn't aimed at you.

ZarcyB said:

And again Ubik, that wasn't aimed at you.

This, on the otherhand, is. You dipshit sack of rancid catpuke.

darknation said:

This, on the otherhand, is. You dipshit sack of rancid catpuke.

Christpunching fuckjuggling douchecannon clitblister. :D

Rotting Corpse said:

I only thing that is worng with areacan music is this whole Nu-metal crap.I reamber the days when Megadeth,Slayer and Pantera were the best out there.korn,limp bizkit and linken Park need to die in a 50 car pile up.

I'm sick of people who've only ever heard the bands you mentioned (as well as Slipknot) slagging off nu-metal - there are far better nu-metal bands out there.

Go listen to System of a Down. Funny, political, catchy (yet un-repetitive), diverse, and sometimes even beautiful music. In fact, IMO if you don't think that System's John Dolmayan is the best drummer ever to grace this planet, then there's something very wrong with you.

Other good nu-metal bands include Deftones, Disturbed, Incubus and Lost Prophets. A few of Staind's songs are okay, but I dislike this band purely on the basis that Fred Durst is their 'mentor'. Feeder and A, while being indie/rock bands respectively, both have elements of nu-metal in some of their songs.

BTW, I think you should be aware that Pantera's vocal style was the inspiration for many nu-metal bands.

And for the record, while I like Slayer and Pantera, I'm afraid I can't stand Megadeath.

NiGHTMARE said:

In fact, IMO if you don't think that System's John Dolmayan is the best drummer ever to grace this planet, then there's something very wrong with you.

BLASPHEMY!!! GENE HOGLAN, HEATHEN! :)

I dont like most nu-metal cuz theres no depth to the music.Pluse most of riffs are just to damn easy.Its like they take 5min it write a whole song.7 sting gutiars are uncool.

NiGHTMARE said:

I'm sick of people who've only ever heard the bands you mentioned (as well as Slipknot) slagging off nu-metal - there are far better nu-metal bands out there.

Go listen to System of a Down. Funny, political, catchy (yet un-repetitive), diverse, and sometimes even beautiful music. In fact, IMO if you don't think that System's John Dolmayan is the best drummer ever to grace this planet, then there's something very wrong with you.

Other good nu-metal bands include Deftones, Disturbed, Incubus and Lost Prophets. A few of Staind's songs are okay, but I dislike this band purely on the basis that Fred Durst is their 'mentor'. Feeder and A, while being indie/rock bands respectively, both have elements of nu-metal in some of their songs.

BTW, I think you should be aware that Pantera's vocal style was the inspiration for many nu-metal bands.

And for the record, while I like Slayer and Pantera, I'm afraid I can't stand Megadeath.

I have owned Deftones, Disturbed, Incubus and Lost Prophets cds. After about listen ing to them 3 times I got bored.I regret buying all of them.I gave them a chance and they sucked.You cant say you hate a band if you only whatch there video.

John is a good drummer Ill give you that.
But the best,far form it.Have you ever lisstend to Dimmu Borgir?Listen to the song Indoctrination.