Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2021 - On IdGames!

I pop in unannounced to say I have made a map for this big project, oh yeah and it may or may not be kinda hard.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7scu8axrl16m8mh/Twinge.wad/file

IWAD: DOOM II
Engine: Limit-removing
Music: Secrets of mana
SKY: Me (are custom skies allowed? Because RSKY1 is technically a doom 2 resource)

Screenies:

Spoiler

Screenshot_707.png

Screenshot_708.png

Screenshot_709.png

This took a bit longer than I expected, but hey, I'm finally finished with it.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20211219_003311.png.4f7a18322c78b50aa33428c00e5300b1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20211219_003336.png.53d12df9e7b8c2ede2142dc82887f69e.png

Screenshot_Doom_20211219_003519.png.b849d810972ebf6ac57d6449051d5192.png

Name: OCD

Format: GZDoom (UDMF)

Tested with: GZDoom 4.7.1

Supports Co-op and Deathmatch play.

Credits are in WADINFO.txt.

Description: A completely normal techbase map with absolutely no issues. Go in, kill the demons, and get out.

DOWNLOAD

On 12/14/2021 at 1:14 PM, Obsidian said:

Cheers heaps to everyone who's submitted maps and apologies for the radio silence: it's been a pretty busy year all told and I have just not had the brainspace to keep an eye on this project like I should have. XP That being said, I have been spending my time putting a hub map together for the finished product and I am pleased to announce that my own map submission is finally finished!

Glad to see this project nearing completion! So many good maps.

How will the maps be ordered in the lineup/map roster? In order of difficulty, theme, submission date?

52 minutes ago, DoctorNuriel said:

How will the maps be ordered in the lineup/map roster? In order of difficulty, theme, submission date?

They'll be sorted by source port and then ordered by submission date, with a hub map in ZDoom-compatible source ports to divide up the maps by source port for ease of access*.

*Except for Eternity, heh.

7 hours ago, Obsidian said:

They'll be sorted by source port and then ordered by submission date, with a hub map in ZDoom-compatible source ports to divide up the maps by source port for ease of access*.

*Except for Eternity, heh.

Is there going to be the issue of >35 vanilla maps?

On 12/17/2021 at 5:13 PM, Kuro_mahoh said:

I pop in unannounced to say I have made a map for this big project, oh yeah and it may or may not be kinda hard.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7scu8axrl16m8mh/Twinge.wad/file

IWAD: DOOM II
Engine: Limit-removing
Music: Secrets of mana
SKY: Me (are custom skies allowed? Because RSKY1 is technically a doom 2 resource)

Screenies:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_707.png

Screenshot_708.png

Screenshot_709.png

Very fun map I enjoyed the challenges 

2 hours ago, maxmanium said:

Is there going to be the issue of >35 vanilla maps?

I would like to hope not, heh.

How do we submit entries? I guess just posting it here counts? Then here is my final entry, uploaded as an attachment.

Name: Valmanic Dreams

Author: Optimus

Engine: Vanilla

Tested with: GZDoom, Chocolate Doom, Chocolate Renderlimits (to seek for those nasty visplanes overflows and reduce detail where needed), original Doom 2 under Dosbox.

p.s. Even had some struggle to make the deep water effect (first time I use this trick) work on both under accelerated GZDoom and original Doom engine.

valmanic.zip

I might be backing out of this one. There's still so much to do with my map, and I don't know how to tie it all together without it feeling half-assed.

I would like to participate, but I have a question, by what means will the map that I have to deliver be presented?
And this will be like the master levels for doom 2? A compilation of several wads or will they have any continuation?
In that case, you would have to consider the previous maps already presented to know what weapons, difficulty and enemies to put depending on the level, since it is not the same to make a map01 than a map29

5 hours ago, FutureDAY said:

I would like to participate, but I have a question, by what means will the map that I have to deliver be presented?
And this will be like the master levels for doom 2? A compilation of several wads or will they have any continuation?
In that case, you would have to consider the previous maps already presented to know what weapons, difficulty and enemies to put depending on the level, since it is not the same to make a map01 than a map29

I'm assuming it's just going to be a compilation of several wads. That said, if you want your map to have continuation, I don't think you'd be breaking any rules. You'd just have to communicate with the respective mappers.

I had one idea, but I took too long to make it and couldn't be bothered to continue it. Then I got another, more possible idea.

Here's my submission: a small-ish normal limit-removing map, featuring plenty of hitscan. Comes complete with difficulty settings! (HMP designed first.)

The one custom texture is a sky by Chainie, and is implemented via sky transfer. This does technically mean particular limit-removing ports will just show the vanilla sky, but the map still looks fine with that one. I also composed a midi for this map, mostly because I was unaware of anything already made that gave off the right feeling.

Screenies:

Spoiler

doom05.png.dadb207196e1a973b447221213a01efc.pngdoom04.png.68cc27c8250ad49b6aaf48c83df00b17.png

DL:

MaxP21-Alper002.zip

The map's name is "Not in good shape".

On 12/21/2021 at 2:20 AM, FutureDAY said:

As explained many times before, all the maps will be in a single wad, but this wad will not have the traditional mapslots structure, the maps will be sorted by format (so all vanilla maps first, then limit removing, then boom and so on) and they'll be reached via a hubmap at the start, so you can play all the maps at any order you want (I'm not sure if pistol starts will be forced tho)

Edited by Danlex

4 hours ago, Alper002 said:

I had one idea, but I took too long to make it and couldn't be bothered to continue it. Then I got another, more possible idea.

Here's my submission: a small-ish normal limit-removing map, featuring plenty of hitscan. Comes complete with difficulty settings! (HMP designed first.)

The one custom texture is a sky by Chainie, and is implemented via sky transfer. This does technically mean particular limit-removing ports will just show the vanilla sky, but the map still looks fine with that one. I also composed a midi for this map, mostly because I was unaware of anything already made that gave off the right feeling.

Screenies:

Hide contents

doom05.png.dadb207196e1a973b447221213a01efc.pngdoom04.png.68cc27c8250ad49b6aaf48c83df00b17.png

DL:

MaxP21-Alper002.zip

The map's name is "Not in good shape".

Wow, I really like this map!

Spoiler

The earthly tones and ruins theme give it kind of a Plutonia-like atmosphere (though further up north than PL's more tropical setting). Nice midi too. Gameplay-wise it's a very cozy bit of running and gunning, nothing too ball-crushingly hard but still with its fair share of surprises. The wide elevator with the hitscanners on the side got me good.

Great job.

I'll unfortunately have to pass on submitting a map for this project, got overly ambitious and won't have time to finish. maybe next year!

Hi, I'm also going to have to flake on this. Too many other projects on and I just haven't had time to work on something for it. Sorry!

Loving the look of what people have done so far...

Here is an initial version of my map, while there's still time to test it! Way bigger than originally intended so maybe a bit of a slog, but hopefully not. Some areas still need a clean-up/detail pass. Also still need to test in PrBoom or similar.
It's name is inspired by the song from the awesome new Mastodon album, but also because I bit off way more than I could chew with the length of this thing!

I will update closer to the deadline with the final version.

Name: More Than I Could Chew
Music: Hangar 7 by Jimmy, from the Revolution! MIDI Pack (included in wad)
Format: Boom
Tested in: GZDoom
Custom textures: OTEX v1.1
Custom sky: OTEX v1.1 via sky transfer
Difficulties: Implemented (without much thought)

MTICC.zip

Screenshots:

Spoiler

mticc_4.png.d7357d4f5fd23ef8a182df64af5cab13.pngmticc_3.png.2c7e879ecab4ad708b3073f6838ea9b8.pngmticc_2.png.d457238dc40b5176216808fa2900e161.pngmticc_1.png.ec15e8c85a2ba2226326d12584f18a2c.pngmticc_0.png.6ce234a64ea6e9d003e9d42e5483cd9d.pngautomap.png.0cc27afcaccda27918d474c6b5994620.png

On 12/21/2021 at 8:59 AM, Optimus said:

How do we submit entries? I guess just posting it here counts? Then here is my final entry, uploaded as an attachment.

Name: Valmanic Dreams

Author: Optimus

Engine: Vanilla

Tested with: GZDoom, Chocolate Doom, Chocolate Renderlimits (to seek for those nasty visplanes overflows and reduce detail where needed), original Doom 2 under Dosbox.

p.s. Even had some struggle to make the deep water effect (first time I use this trick) work on both under accelerated GZDoom and original Doom engine.

valmanic.zip

That first light as you start the map make my eyes go nuts. It's like looking at 3D movie without the glasses on lol!

I want to reserve my slot, because there are 9 days left, and I have don't have enough time. Maybe I should make something if another Maximum Project happens.

Howdy everyone 😊

I have finally finished working on this map. It was fun to work on, it kept me going though some very tough times. Thanks to Obsidian for hosting this project. Making a Doom map is fun and all, but having a place to publish it takes the hobby to a different level. Cheers! 😀

Name: Uncanny Encounters
Author: Russell Bowtell (I would like to be credited as Russell Bowtell, jaysmithen is just a username that I should change lol 😫)

Engine: GZDoom UDMF

Difficulties: Map was made for UV then I spent a day reducing the enemy count for the other skills. Should be good enough for Australia 🍺

Music: None

Sky: The default Doom 2 sky

Lightmode: 2 "Doom"

The map is made with only the Doom 2 textures, but I have added some DECORATE and GLDEFS. It is just a tall yellow torch from realm667/prop stop/light sources/torch variations/NewTorches.wad

PS I don't envy you @Obsidian the task of compiling all these maps, I can't even begin to try to think about thinking about imagining it 😁 Thank you.

Please message me if you have any questions about my map.

Oh yeah almost forgot, here is the link lol

jaysmithen-Uncanny-Encounters.7z

Updated 05-08-2022 (Needed to fix a texture)

Edited by JaySmithen : I fixed some incorrect textures

I'm going to have to pass on this, year was really hit or miss on when I had time to sit down for stuff.

Hi again. My map is ready. I'm still not good at the detailing and UDMF stuff after a decade of Boom/Vanilla mapping... yet everything has its time!

"Escape from cursed hideout" by riderr3
For Doomworld Maximum Project 2021

Advanced engine needed: ZDoom
Map format: ZDoom - Doom 2 (UDMF)
Music: Dio, Ronnie James - Lost My Insanity.mid
New textures: textures from cfmanson pack, textures from hellfire.wad, skybox by Mechadon
Map: MAP01
Single Player: Designed for
Cooperative: Player starts only
Deathmatch: Player starts only
Difficulty Settings: No
Jumping: Yes
Crouching: Yes
Build Time: 27 days
Editor(s) used: Ultimate Doom Builder, SLADE3
Tested With: QZDoom q2.0.0

Description: Find a way out from cage and use truck to escape the hideout.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jpuogw6dhh0f2jf/escapfch.zip/file

d0VdQd1.png

Title: 'Hard Light'
Mapper: Peccatum Mihzamiz
Iwad: Doom 2

Map: MAP01

Map format: GZDoom (UDMF)
Music: 'Garazin' (PMGARAZN), by Peccatum Mihzamiz. I wrote the track for .MID the way id did
Texture pack: OTEX
Additional custom texture: PECGRSTN, a recoloring of a vanilla Doom texture
Designed for Single player
Difficulty Settings: Yes, implemented
Cooperative: Yes, implemented
Deathmatch: Player starts only
Jumping/ crouching: optional. I recommend NOT jumping.
Mouselook: optional
Build Time: a few hours
Editors used: Ultimate Doom Builder, SLADE3
Tested With: GZDoom 4.5.0
Comments: Short and sweet gimmick map. I originally started this map for Full Moon but broke the one hour mapping limit. I changed it to UDMF format and tweaked it a little further.
Screenshot:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20211227_115111.png

File

Edited by Peccatum Mihzamiz : Changed my mind about jumping/crouching