Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terminus

The Return of Terminus' Playtesting Streams Series! [Hiatus]

not me forgetting to post a summary since saturday, whoops

Thank you guys for showing up on my latest stream on Saturday. As I've mentioned quite a few times on the stream itself and some other places around, this was my last stream for a while.

Here's the VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1103883520

Map list rundown is as usual presented on the first post.

I'm taking a break from streaming to focus on real life matters and my studies. I will return hopefully sooner than later, and of course I will do some more occasional casual streams whenever I find the time, so don't worry about me disappearing or something silly like that. :P

Youtube videos will be handled when my computer stops being a turd, but as I mentioned before they're all stored safely on my hard drive so the archiving process will be done eventually.

Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for the constant support through all of these streams, I've had a blast and hopefully I'll come back with the good news of this series returning as soon as possible.

See you on the next one! <3

You're a fun streamer, @Terminus. Sorry I missed the last few, but by all means, take care of your important IRL duties and come back whenever you can.

Fully agreed and +1 with Steve D, you were fun to watch and same sentiments. And thanks for covering Walp!

Sup guys.

Hope you missed me because I sure missed you all!

There's probably so many incredible maps and mapsets that I've missed, so this is where you come in.

Mark the date: January 1st, 2022.

Let's start the year off with a bang.

Feel free to send me your WADs! Either here, on PM or on Discord!

This is great news, Terminus. I look forward to dropping Realm of Chaos 2 on your head, but it'll take a little while. In the meantime, I hope to watch your upcoming shows to see what the community throws at you. ;)

Good to see you back, Terminus! I might have a mapset to send your way, provided it is finished before the new year; or perhaps see how you fare with an early beta of Dwelling.

Excited to see you play through the amazing releases we've had this year. Hopefully everything's sorted out on your end. :)

Thank you for the kind welcome back guys, I truly appreciate it!

I just realized I haven't given a time to the stream, it will happen at the regular slot of 5 PM GMT / 12 PM EST.

I've still got room on my list for more wads, so feel free to send them my way!

See you all on Saturday. :)

I started making Episode 2 for my Hell Frontier wad, I don't think I showed it to you yet

There's 3 maps in this archive: LINK

But if I update, it might be deleted, so be on a lookout in the main post.

Here’s the last work I’ve publicly released in a while. It is a low polish speed map I enjoyed making. Have at it!

If you’ve been looking on the doom pictures thread recently you’ll possibly have noticed some interesting things I’ve shown. I’m not ready to release that however you’ll be sent it when ready.

Thank you guys for hanging out today! It felt great to be back and the way I was welcomed back really warmed my heart.

You guys are the best.

VOD Link:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1249818818

I've updated the first post with the list of maps that were played in today's session.

The next playtesting stream will be hosted next week - Same time, same place! Saturday, January 8th 2022 at 5 PM GMT / 12 PM EST!

Hope to see you all again next week, and feel free to send more wads my way!

Hi, good you are back! I made a map end of last year. First revision has been tested and some might still have it on there list. I want to make sure the changes work out before actually releasing it to /idgames. So if you like to test it too:

Thanks for the testing last stream. I have completed map 20, I had maps 16-19 tested by Johnsuitepee. Once map 20 has been tested I will releases the next episode to the public and when you are running low on maps ill get your opinion on maps 16-19. Your have to warp to map 20 to play the map since it is a stand alone map.

Azazels second descent new maps 15-20 out-now

Azazel's Second Descent - map 20.zip

Edited by Bloodbath Giraffe : words

Solar Struggle New Year demo is released and could use some bulk playtesting.

It has 28 maps across 4 episodes and you probably won't have much difficulty until episode 4

Thank you all for joining today!

Here's the VOD link for those interested: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1257112946

The WADs that I've played are listed in the first post, as usual.

I apologize if I seemed a little off today, been feeling slightly dizzy and under the weather in the past couple of days, but still managed to hopefully give you guys a fun and entertaining stream.

The next stream is tentatively scheduled for next Saturday, January 15th on 5 PM GMT (6 PM CET / 12 PM EST).

Keyword here being tentatively, not because I won't be streaming, but because we have a special treat for next week.

I've announced this in today's stream, but for those who missed it - During the next few days, specifically on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I will be doing an early playtesting stream of the highly anticipated Megawad Elementalism!

Act 1 will consist of 3 episodes, and there will be one stream for each episode, hopefully throughout the days I've mentioned. If I do miss one of them, I will do the third stream on Saturday, which will mean I won't be going through the list on that day. This should still be an amazing experience, and if you guys want to join and get an early look at what might be one of the best releases of 2022, make sure to check out my Twitch channel! The streams will begin at the same time as usual (5PM GMT).

*Do note that the Boss maps for each episode will not be played on stream, to avoid spoilers.

See you all soon!

Thank you all for joining me today! Had to cut the stream a little shorter than I wanted but hopefully the next one will be more "fruitful".

VOD Link:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1264561589

The first post was updated with today's wads as usual.

Tomorrow (Sunday) I will be streaming the third and final episode of Elementalism Phase 1 - The Fire episode, so feel free to join! You can find the VODs of the Water and Earth episodes on my Twitch channel for the next few days.

The next playtesting stream is scheduled for next Saturday, January 22nd, at the usual time (5PM GMT/6PM CET/12PM EST).

See you all soon!

If you have time and hungry for pizza give this a try - no obligation if your plate is too full

Well... I may as well ask you to test my stuff. There is still quite some of the cringe I had with my earliest maps, but from then on I invested lots of time in improvement. I just am in no rush to rework them though, because I don't want to draw two lines and repost the map, draw two lines and repost again etc. (Basically, following HAK's advice.) Anyways, I'd be glad if you would agree. 

Here is the wad: https://www.mediafire.com/file/hwgmnei0bop9vv1/Chaseprog.rar/file 

Information about the wad: 

• Name: The Chase 
  • Ready maps: 1, 5, 6, 9, 15, 16, 29, 30, 32
    • 5 will not make the final cut. Feel free to play it though. 
  • Difficulty curve on Ultra-Violence: Find out yourself. 
  • New monsters: None, even Nazis and Commander Keens aren't used and aren't going to be used. 
  • New graphics: I use textures from Final Doom 
  • New music: Yes, but in OGG Vobris format. 
  • Compatibility: Limit removing 
  • Tested with: 
    • Chocolate Doom - runs everything except the music, however it refused to issue warp on 29 and 30. However, it ran 30 before I changed the HDD. 
    • Crispy Doom - runs everything. 
    • GLBoom-Plus - runs everything on -complevel 2, most of the screenshots are from there. 

Fellow members tested with GZDoom and it gives no problems. 

Have a good time. :) 

I've cooked up MAP13 for Hell Frontier. This post contains polished version:

Feel free to test it when you need something short and simple to fill your schedule.

Sorry I missed the part of the stream where you do my map. I will take into account a need for shortcut - it doesn't bother me much, but I can see how repeat falling down might add up.

Hey guys!

I just wanted to update that I will not be streaming today, as I'm going to a family dinner for my sister's birthday.

However, as I don't want to delay this by a full week, I'll be going live tomorrow (Sunday, February 6th) at the exact same hour, for hopefully a longer stream than usual! The rest of the streams will still be scheduled to Saturdays, so there will be another stream at the 12th of February as well.

I'm very excited for the next stream because I've set up a new stream layout, and something that I promised since we hit the follower goal, plus some more cool stuff.

I hope to see you all tomorrow!

Submissions are of course still open, and although the backlog is still a little big, I promise to get to all the wads as soon as possible.

Didn't realize you were playtesting again! This is RC1 so all the maps (22 maps total) are complete and mostly polished, just need the general dooming public's feedback. There are difficulty warnings on the DW Thread, mainly for Map 13, 15, and 17. They are speed maps so they're pretty short. Vile completed UV in just about over an hour for reference. Later maps might need to be bumped down to HMP, which provides skips for certain maps platforming sections.

Hi guys, thanks for hanging out today! I hope you enjoyed the new layout, I'm trying to get used to the new things and to having my face cam up, but I'm sure it'll come off more naturally soon enough.

Here's the VOD Link:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1289252951

WADs that were played are listed in the first post as usual. They have been for the past couple of weeks, I just didn't do a post-stream, uh, post.

I suggest skipping to around the 00:39:xx-ish mark, as we've had some technical issues at the first half an hour of the stream. Really sorry about that! Hopefully things will be sorted out well for the next one.

I've been thinking of maybe starting a Discord channel. This way, anyone interested can get instantly notified once I go live, as well as submitting more wads through there both for myself and other people to playtest. And of course, chatting in general and further building a community. If you guys are interested in that, let me know and I will get to making one! I know a lot of you are in too many Discord channels already, which is why I'm a little reluctant. :P

Streams will once again return to being on Saturdays, so I hope to see you all this Saturday (Feb 12th) at our usual hour! Submissions are still open, of course.